West Jefferson @ Greeneview

I wish this was a year that GV was at their best and at 100%!
It usually always plays out this way when a team and WJ finally get to hook up, one or the other is not at full power.

I would say that WJ is the heavy favorite coming into this game considering how they are doing this season with their O-line, running game and Jones & Frybarger at RB.
WJ has rushed for 647 yards so this year avg. 8.6 yards per carry.
They do have a really good passing game but really hasn't had to show much of it yet.
WJ's total offense is 923 total yards at 10.0 per play.

But, that is why football is not played on paper!
GV is at home and anything can happen on any given night.
I believe that Kasnar is still the coach at GV and he is a very good and can come up with a really good game plan.
Hopefully the Payton kid can comeback and is not out the whole season!

Hate to hear about the Gview kid, a tough life lesson.......my son went through same type thing in another sport his senior year. But like with everything else these unfortunate things can be a great character builder.
I am sure Gview will come out ready at home and with the confidence they have earned over the last few years of being a tough hard nose playoff football team.
WJ will need to come out and get after it early.
I still look for a good game.

Hopefully that young man finds what his true worth is in life. His worth is much, much higher than athletics.

48-17 was the final!
GV was a much better team as I did expect.
Very well coached and disciplined bunch for losing their best player.
The backup RB (#1) was very good and their O-line gave him a lot of room to run in the 1st qtr until the WJ defense was able to bootle him up.
Their throwing QB (3) was just a frosh is good.
I think the GV defense just got wore down by the O-line of WJ.
Buescher at QB for the riders is going to be something special, the kid is so much better this year and much more accurate.
WJ is getting better especially on defense but they have to clean up the penalties!
Jones with another huge night for the riders including the 99 yard TD run and Frybarger as well chipping in again with some good time at RB.
Can’t wait till I see the stats again!

WJ returns home next week to take on Southeastern ( 0-3) and GV will travel to Triad (1-2).

Stats courtesy of www.westjeffersonathletics.com

Buescher- 13 of 17 for 232 yards (76.4%) & 3 TD’s.

Jones- 16 carries for 257 yards (16.1) & 3 TD’s
* Jones broke the school record with a 99 yard TD run breaking the old record of 93 yards set by Kevin Goble in 1979 against Northwestern and Mike Moreland in 1980 against Grandview.

Oberle- 5 catches for 122 yards (24.4) & 1 TD