Well past half way

Empty CUP

After this weeks games we're down to two teams with perfect records most teams between 9 and 11 games played of 14-16 in regular season games scheduled. Coming down to the final stretch for regular season games.

MND 9-0-0 and Waynesville 9-0-0

Top scorer's down to just one Freshman in the group and she's been at the top from week 1, though I saw on another post she's injured. I know her dad is on here so maybe he'll have some discernment on her return. 5 Juniors, 3 Seniors and 1 Freshman from the 9 area conferences.

SWBL - Erbach Fr. - 19
GCL - Sheppard Sr. - 16
GMC - Dudukovich Sr. - 15
CHL - Koebbe Jr. - 14
GGCL - Postel Jr. - 10
ECC - McIntire Jr. - 9
SWOC - Pittman Sr. - 9
GWOC - Brookhart Jr. - 9
MVC - Ward Jr. - 9

2 top 5 Area D1 teams / #1 MND, #5 Lakota West
1 Top 5 Area D2 Team / #2 Alter
3 Top 5 Area D3 teams / #1 CCD, #2 Waynesville, #5 Mariemont

Another week we should have a pretty clear playoff picture. Lakota bounced back nicely after a bad week and with Jones and KD, they have to always be a threat. Can anyone Challenge MND 32 Goals for and only 8 against with probably the toughest schedule in the southern half of the state? Waynesville seems to have the best overall attack based on comments from everyone I've talked to that has watched them. Mariemont has not had a single let down since that early tie at Ross. Mason and Loveland can't decide who's better between them but both can play with anyone. Anderson could be the Surprise wild card in D1. Maybe Centerville is a player, maybe not. CCD and Summit are CCD and Summit and will make regionals because it's just what they do but they are not the CCD and Summit of years past.

*Edited to fix goals.

Last edited:

She netted 2 last night. Technically not even 1st in GMC anymore. Sheppard at Bacon is having another stellar season! I believe she broke Roger Bacon's school record for goals! Good player as all these players are on this list. I definitely think the top 4 in Cincy could be interchangeable, but MND being undefeated with a near impossible schedule, is absolutely brilliant! Kudos to them.

New rankings should be out today.

Will/should 3 loss West who lost 2 of the 3 to unranked at the time teams drop out completely. Loveland with zero losses dropped from #9 to no votes?

Will Undefeated Loveland be top 5 where they belong after beating West?

Will Mason rise even after struggling with hapless Lakota East and shutting out Ursuline.

Will Alter drop from top 5 after a tie with Unranked Carroll.

Will Carroll enter the actual rankings with just 3 wins in 8 games after getting votes and tying #2 Alter?

Will Summit jump after beating a 3 win D1 Mercy McAuley who's wins come against 3 teams with a combined 5 wins.

Will Monroe get back in the top 10 after Crushing everyone since the Waynesville loss. .

Will CCD drop from number 1 after tying 1-6-2 McNick and giving up 3 goals for their 3rd tie.

Will perfect record Waynesville jump to #1 after running through everyone with no issue and continuing to win without the area's top scorer?

Will Mariemont jump past CCD with having a better record and defense along with the head to head tie?

All this and more should be answered today. Lets hope the voters actually pay attention.

Last edited:
New rankings should be out today.

Will/should 3 loss West who lost 2 of the 3 to unranked at the time teams drop out completely. Loveland with zero losses dropped from #9 to no votes?

Will Undefeated Loveland be top 5 where they belong after beating West?

Will Mason rise even after struggling with hapless Lakota East and shutting out Ursuline.

Will Alter drop from top 5 after a tie with Unranked Carroll.

Will Carroll enter the actual rankings with just 3 wins in 8 games after getting votes and tying #2 Alter?

Will Summit jump after beating a 3 win D1 Mercy McAuley who's wins come against 3 teams with a combined 5 wins.

Will Monroe get back in the top 10 after Crushing everyone since the Waynesville loss. .

Will CCD drop from number 1 after tying 1-6-2 McNick and giving up 3 goals for their 3rd tie.

Will perfect record Waynesville jump to #1 after running through everyone with no issue and continuing to win without the area's top scorer?

Will Mariemont jump past CCD with having a better record and defense along with the head to head tie?

All this and more should be answered today. Lets hope the voters actually pay attention.
Logic and attention to detail. I fear you're expecting too much from these voters.

After this weeks games we're down to two teams with perfect records most teams between 9 and 11 games played of 14-16 in regular season games scheduled. Coming down to the final stretch for regular season games.

MND 9-0-0 and Waynesville 9-0-0

Top scorer's down to just one Freshman in the group and she's been at the top from week 1, though I saw on another post she's injured. I know her dad is on here so maybe he'll have some discernment on her return. 5 Juniors, 3 Seniors and 1 Freshman from the 9 area conferences.

SWBL - Erbach Fr. - 19
GCL - Sheppard Sr. - 16
GMC - Dudukovich Sr. - 15
CHL - Koebbe Jr. - 14
GGCL - Postel Jr. - 10
ECC - McIntire Jr. - 9
SWOC - Pittman Sr. - 9
GWOC - Brookhart Jr. - 9
MVC - Ward Jr. - 9

2 top 5 Area D1 teams / #1 MND, #5 Lakota West
1 Top 5 Area D2 Team / #2 Alter
3 Top 5 Area D3 teams / #1 CCD, #2 Waynesville, #5 Mariemont

Another week we should have a pretty clear playoff picture. Lakota bounced back nicely after a bad week and with Jones and KD, they have to always be a threat. Can anyone Challenge MND 32 Goals for and only 8 against with probably the toughest schedule in the southern half of the state? Waynesville seems to have the best overall attack based on comments from everyone I've talked to that has watched them. Mariemont has not had a single let down since that early tie at Ross. Mason and Loveland can't decide who's better between them but both can play with anyone. Anderson could be the Surprise wild card in D1. Maybe Centerville is a player, maybe not. CCD and Summit are CCD and Summit and will make regionals because it's just what they do but they are not the CCD and Summit of years past.

*Edited to fix goals.

Thanks, had to actually look up what discernment meant, never seen it in this context. Sam will be back this week. Possibly for tomorrow's game most certainly for Thursday. Missed 2 Cross country meets and 2 soccer games. She's ready.

A 1 to 0 loss to Loveland and with the way Loveland plays is not surprising and could have happened last year in the tourney. After sitting next to couple of high school coaches at the West/Loveland tourney game last year, I am not surprised at all at the lack of respect Loveland gets in the polls. Local coaches really detest their style... a lot. Maybe the West coach has changed her set, taking into account that their class of of 2021 goalie is now playing for Auburn. I think West lost a couple of solid mid-fielders to graduation as well. The lack of real preseason could have had some unexpected consequences. I think the coach knows what she is doing and I would hate to play West in the tournament. Better to find this stuff out now, and not in big loss to finish your season.

Watched the Loveland coach on Chatterbox. He basically said we are going to put 2-3 people on KD and limit SJ and let the others do what they want. Loveland scored with 5 to go on a bouncing throw in. Game could have gone either way.

Loveland had at least 6 other chances.Should have easily been 3-0. Had 2 girls on KD. She only had maybe 4 touches on the ball. Defense was stellar on her. Kept SJ in check as well. Game plan worked.

I dont know who said it but I agree and think the top spot was earned by MND. The next three in LW, Mason and Loveland are interchangeable. Each game between the three was decided by 1 goal or less or tied and the games seemed very evenly matched. I think Loveland is always dangerous because they have a solid defense and rely on 75% or more of their goals in set plays and throw ins. All it takes is one mistake. The mason/ West game was West’s to win but gave up 3 goals in 9 minutes. The Loveland/Mason game was scoreless until the end when both teams got tired. West lost three games to ranked teams and beat the #6 team New Albany who beat the #2 team in Medina. I don’t know much about teams up North but I think this year it is anyone’s State Championship to win. I would like to MND play some of the teams from Columbus or even Dayton but not going to happen until the tourney. With the pandemic, quarantines, injuries, loss of spring club season the playing field is wide open.

A 1 to 0 loss to Loveland and with the way Loveland plays is not surprising and could have happened last year in the tourney. After sitting next to couple of high school coaches at the West/Loveland tourney game last year, I am not surprised at all at the lack of respect Loveland gets in the polls. Local coaches really detest their style... a lot. Maybe the West coach has changed her set, taking into account that their class of of 2021 goalie is now playing for Auburn. I think West lost a couple of solid mid-fielders to graduation as well. The lack of real preseason could have had some unexpected consequences. I think the coach knows what she is doing and I would hate to play West in the tournament. Better to find this stuff out now, and not in big loss to finish your season.
West lost their D1 striker opposite KD to torn ACL in Loveland game. I’m just not sure they are deep enough. KD and Jones are crazy good, but there are a lot of holes to fill.

I dont know who said it but I agree and think the top spot was earned by MND. The next three in LW, Mason and Loveland are interchangeable. Each game between the three was decided by 1 goal or less or tied and the games seemed very evenly matched. I think Loveland is always dangerous because they have a solid defense and rely on 75% or more of their goals in set plays and throw ins. All it takes is one mistake. The mason/ West game was West’s to win but gave up 3 goals in 9 minutes. The Loveland/Mason game was scoreless until the end when both teams got tired. West lost three games to ranked teams and beat the #6 team New Albany who beat the #2 team in Medina. I don’t know much about teams up North but I think this year it is anyone’s State Championship to win. I would like to MND play some of the teams from Columbus or even Dayton but not going to happen until the tourney. With the pandemic, quarantines, injuries, loss of spring club season the playing field is wide open.
MND had Beavercreek and Centerville on their schedule, but games were cancelled pre-season because of COVID. They also play (or will play) most every Cincy Top 10 school, except Loveland.

My heart breaks for that kid at West with the ACL. Tough road.

Loveland has not gotten the love they deserve. Fan of the style or not they get it done. You create set pieces, you convert set pieces you win games. Not sure how with no losses they are 4 spots behind Mason who has a loss, given up twice as many goals and scored less with a head to head draw. Loveland has more cross conference wins and better wins vs same opponents. Maybe this is just the college football player in me...

Mason has the easier road to end the season playing nobody with a winning record, so I'm sure they will stay ahead of Loveland. Mason is a great team too, I just think Loveland deserves better. I have friends with daughters on both teams.

MND had Beavercreek and Centerville on their schedule, but games were cancelled pre-season because of COVID. They also play (or will play) most every Cincy Top 10 school, except Loveland.
Cville or Creek made good strides since the beginning of the season and would provide a good test should they meet later. They both are similar in style of play and strength with sound defenses.

Last edited:
My heart breaks for that kid at West with the ACL. Tough road.

Loveland has not gotten the love they deserve. Fan of the style or not they get it done. You create set pieces, you convert set pieces you win games. Not sure how with no losses they are 4 spots behind Mason who has a loss, given up twice as many goals and scored less with a head to head draw. Loveland has more cross conference wins and better wins vs same opponents. Maybe this is just the college football player in me...

Mason has the easier road to end the season playing nobody with a winning record, so I'm sure they will stay ahead of Loveland. Mason is a great team too, I just think Loveland deserves better. I have friends with daughters on both teams.
Because Loveland's style is hated. Just the way it is. Maybe the coach is not liked either by his/her peers. I don't know but they are not liked. Anyway, the torn ACL is a big issue and West just may not be deep enough. I'll give the coach the benefit of the doubt. I do know that there was at least one class of 2020 player that could have played at a low level D1 on scholarship but chose not to pursue soccer anymore. So West was a little deeper last year than maybe we all realized. The torn ACL does bring up something I have been meaning to ask you guys. Are young female soccer players still suffering what seems to be a disproportionate amount knee injuries or have different training techniques mitigated this issue?

Last edited:
Are young female soccer players still suffering what seems to be a disproportionate amount knee injuries or have different training techniques mitigated this issue?
I’d say probably but I have no statistical data to back that up. Every year there is unfortunately a surge of injuries more years than others it would seem reasonable with less time for workouts and access to gyms before going full throttle season play.