Welcome Stadium state finals

LICKING COUNTY FAN

With the renovation taking place that will total 36 million from what I was told do you think they will make a bid for the state finals?
New turf new lights Bleachers all being redone as well as underneath the stadium.
Was told it will be completely done by next fall.
I was told much more but will keep that unposted for a bit.

With the renovation taking place that will total 36 million from what I was told do you think they will make a bid for the state finals?
New turf new lights Bleachers all being redone as well as underneath the stadium.
I could see them trying to host. They do a great job at hosting state basketball now

“Marion Local has won the toss, they elect to defer to the second half. Kirtland has elected to receive. Marion Local will defend the Dayton Public Schools endzone.”

Who would Welcome stadium get to man concessions and all the others things a home team fan base has to do to host a playoff game? None of the DPS schools would likely step up.

Last edited:
Retractable roofs are the way to go. Build a stadium like that for XFL or USFL in Columbus and call it a day. Cleveland, Canton, Massillon, Cincy, Dayton, Toledo, & Athens not being centrally located hurts.

Retractable roofs are the way to go. Build a stadium like that for XFL or USFL in Columbus and call it a day. Cleveland, Canton, Massillon, Cincy, Dayton, Toledo, & Athens not being centrally located hurts.
No secondary league would command the need for a new stadium. And retractable is so ridiculously more expensive than a roof for the few times they will actually be open.

Additionally, you'll get leaks like Miller Park did and the roof will be permanently closed.

As for centrally located, Washington, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, and Louisiana are all not central to their states but the desire to be in the dome overrides location. South Dakota and North Dakota are right on their state borders.

I doubt the OHSAA would put the football finals in Dayton if the basketball finals stay there. At least right now it balances out with football being on the eastern side of the state and basketball being on the western side of the state. If they ever rotated and if the Browns ever got turf, it would be cool to see the finals rotate between Cleveland and Cincinnati.

“Marion Local has won the toss, they elect to defer to the second half. Kirtland has elected to receive. Marion Local will defend the Dayton Public Schools endzone.”
Flyers are going to be way, way down next year.

Would be too much of a Home Field advantage to all the DPS in the finals.

Rrlated questiom..does this help or hurt modouglas recruiting for Springfield.

It doesn’t matter how recruiting goes for Springfield. Springfield apparently recruits well but never Wins anything so not sure anyone really cares about dinky Springfield!

It doesn’t matter how recruiting goes for Springfield. Springfield apparently recruits well but never Wins anything so not sure anyone really cares about dinky Springfield!
Give it time.....SF will be the SWO version of masssilll0n.

I doubt the OHSAA would put the football finals in Dayton if the basketball finals stay there. At least right now it balances out with football being on the eastern side of the state and basketball being on the western side of the state. If they ever rotated and if the Browns ever got turf, it would be cool to see the finals rotate between Cleveland and Cincinnati.
yep

Not sure the amount, but Michigan plays their finals at Ford Field and Indiana plays their finals at Lucas Oil Stadium.
In the State of Indiana it is illegal to charge a school or The IHSAA for use of a venue for sports or any extra activities

Wow, your sudden infatuation with Springfield is quite endearing.

I've been on here for 16 years and you are still on this finals location nonsense? I see you've made much progress on moving them out of Canton.

Definitely a lot of construction going on behind the stadium. Looks nice I guess. DPS does not spend money on athletics, so I would assume they have something up their sleeve. Place has been the same since I was a Freshman(96). Definitely will be more playoff games there, finals not sure about that.
I love how people on here think they have a say, how many teams make it, finals location, etc.