Weirdest things you've eaten

Nothing weird for me really. While my son was deployed in The Central African Republic they rarely ventured out to eat, but he did send a picture once of eating minnows. Supposedly a delicacy.

Whale and fermented shark in Iceland. Pickled pigs feet and snout with my parents. My son sent me a jar of Vegamite from Australia.

Whale and fermented shark in Iceland. Pickled pigs feet and snout with my parents. My son sent me a jar of Vegamite from Australia.

Having survived eating a cracker covered in Vegamite I can say with mathematical certitude that of all the nasty things described on this thread to eat this is the worst!

Grandpa always had a big jar of pickled pigs feet in the kitchen. This was 70-75 years ago.

Having survived eating a cracker covered in Vegamite I can say with mathematical certitude that of all the nasty things described on this thread to eat this is the worst!

Agreed.

Also, each school year, my kid tells new students that Vegamite is kinda like Nutella (which it's not!), and the students excitedly look forward to trying the bite-sized Vegamite sandwiches my kid brings to school (after buying it at World Market). Says the horrified looks on their faces when they first taste it is priceless, lol.

and nasty little wankers they be, they hand you the jar and the cracker to spread yourself, KNOWING how we put peanut butter on things.

After you've poisoned yourself they take the jar back and breath a little onto their cracker.

That's why we're poised for war with those roo fckers.

and nasty little wankers they be, they hand you the jar and the cracker to spread yourself, KNOWING how we put peanut butter on things.

After you've poisoned yourself they take the jar back and breath a little onto their cracker.

That's why we're poised for war with those roo fckers.

Damn, this is exactly what happened to me.

As an aside when I first moved to Cincinnati years ago I was fascinated by the locals extolling the virtues of something called Goetta! I would sit spellbound by their descriptions of how good it was. So I went to the local grocery store and bought some and made it into patties and fried them. You can imagine my disgust when I bit into my Goetta hamburger! Haven't touched the stuff since.

Also, each school year, my kid tells new students that Vegamite is kinda like Nutella (which it's not!), and the students excitedly look forward to trying the bite-sized Vegamite sandwiches my kid brings to school (after buying it at World Market). Says the horrified looks on their faces when they first taste it is priceless, lol.

Wasn't this banned by the Geneva Convention?

Damn, this is exactly what happened to me.

As an aside when I first moved to Cincinnati years ago I was fascinated by the locals extolling the virtues of something called Goetta! I would sit spellbound by their descriptions of how good it was. So I went to the local grocery store and bought some and made it into patties and fried them. You can imagine my disgust when I bit into my Goetta hamburger! Haven't touched the stuff since.

My co-op roommates went to Drexel. I got the Phili version, scrapple.

When I was about 9, my grandfather had some rattlesnake packed in a can (like tuna). I tried some. Can't remember if it tasted like chicken...

Agreed.

Had vegamite in Australia ..... not a taste I wanted to keep trying to like....

I heard the 50 West Brewery on Wooster used to be the site of the Heritage restaurant that used to sell exotic game on its menu. Has anyone eaten there?

SPAM.....and it was nasty.
There's worse things than fried SPAM. Up here in Marion fried SPAM sandwichs, doughnuts and coffee or hot chocolate is great while waiting for Buckeye Chuck to make his appearance. SPAM=Ground hog. The proper meal for Groundhog day.

For those of you who've tried vegemite, is there a dominant flavor or flavors that you could describe it being like? Something like anchovies? Limberger cheese? Everything I've read sounds like I might think it wasn't too bad, even if strong.

I used to hear a lot about kimchi and how horrible it was. After I had it, I thought "not bad, even if I might not want it every day."

For those of you who've tried vegemite, is there a dominant flavor or flavors that you could describe it being like? Something like anchovies? Limberger cheese? Everything I've read sounds like I might think it wasn't too bad, even if strong.

I used to hear a lot about kimchi and how horrible it was. After I had it, I thought "not bad, even if I might not want it every day."

When my kid was an infant, we added iron vitamins, in liquid form, to the baby bottle. Made the mistake of trying the iron once, just to see what it tasted like. Vegamite reminds me of a more intense, tarry version of that. Sticks all in the teeth; so, hard to get rid of the taste. ?

Wet cat food. It doesn’t taste like tuna.
Had part of a dog biscuit this weekend. Wife bought a peanut butter one for the dog, I smelled it to see how peanut buttery it was and she asked if i was gonna take a bit on a dare.

So I did.

Wasnt bad, but no hint of peanut butter. So disappointe3d.

I used to "taste test" what I fed the sheep. Hay was easy to chew, salt blocks tasted like salt, oats and corn no problem and even black strap molasses wasn't bad. Dog food isn't really that bad nor is cat food. The worst food was some baby food I've eaten. I understood why the kids couldn't stand some of it after I tried it. Now it has been many moons since the baby food gig, but they had meat sticks that I remember. They were so salty I wouldn't feed them to the dog. We only bought them once.