Week Five vs Walnut Hills

What happened to the Elder Sports Archive? Was trying to see when the last matchup vs Walnut Hills was.

That is terrible news. That site had so much info. I use to love to just go through it and learn things. When you say the back ups are lost that doesn't give me a lot of hope.

If I remember correctly Doc Sharp started that site.

Walnut Hills will allow Elder to stream the game. CPS hasn't made a decision yet about allowing spectators at any events yet.

lol. you people are amazing. if your not a parent you shouldn't be attending anyways. not sure CPS can keep a parent from attending?

jtk
()

Does Walnut have a stadium or do they play at Taft?

Drone video of stadium and school.

Hopefully CPS will allow fans. If they do I think Elder will have a decent shot at some tickets. I don't think Walnut draws that well for football.

Last edited:
Drone video of stadium and school.

Hopefully CPS will allow fans. If they do I think Elder will have a decent shot at some tickets. I don't think Walnut draws that well for football.

Does anyone here (or maybe a Walnut alum) know if WH’s new stadium is in the same place as it was ~40 years ago— or was that new showplace built in a different location on their campus? I thought I recalled playing on Walnut’s field decades ago, where it had almost a cliff or embankment rising up on side (e.g.- a sharp vertical hillside abutting one side of the stadium/field)...

Does anyone here (or maybe a Walnut alum) know if WH’s new stadium is in the same place as it was ~40 years ago— or was that new showplace built in a different location on their campus? I thought I recalled playing on Walnut’s field decades ago, where it had almost a cliff or embankment rising up on side (e.g.- a sharp vertical hillside abutting one side of the stadium/field)...
Walnut has renovated their FB field and many other facilities around the campus. Guarantee you...their campus is definitely several upgrades from Elder's.....:cool:

Kind of sounds like Roger Bacon.

Also not sure what the point is of trying to insult Elder in response to a St. X fan.
I just wanted some information, from some (older) readers who may have remembered WH’s old field— was not trying to insult WH or Elder.

I just wanted some information, from some (older) readers who may have remembered WH’s old field— was not trying to insult WH or Elder.
I know you weren't but "BigBallin'4theFuture" appeared to be. Was Roger Bacon the field you were remembering? Or was it an old field at Walnut Hills?

Last edited:
Walnut has renovated their FB field and many other facilities around the campus. Guarantee you...their campus is definitely several upgrades from Elder's.....:cool:

Not sure why you are throwing shade at Elder. I have been to Walnut Hills and yes their facility is nice. But don't fool yourself that it is several upgrades above Elder. It is not. Remember Walnut incorporates both girls and boy from grades 7-12. So yes it is big with nice facilities.

But if someone did a drone video of Elder and it's neighbor Seton it would look equally impressive. And Elder continues to grow and add to it's physical plant.

But to clear up one point from one of the posters here. Walnut is given equal share of money based on # of students as all the public high schools like Taft and Western Hills. The reason Walnut has nicer facilities and is excellent in many areas than it's counterparts is the same as Elder. A strong Alumni base who contributes significant donations to the school for various capital building projects and resources.

Walnut has a pretty nice stadium and set up. Think the embankment you speak of is now not exactly as steep and behind the Stands. Not positive though because I’m not that old, so not sure what used to be like. Pretty sure on basically the same site on the campus.

Ignored content, let me guess big ballin 4 future upset pboy. BB 4 future I’m sure your post will be deleted. It’s alright for pboy to talk stupid on here but not anyone else. Least in the Elder forum. Pboy a softy.

Walnut does not have a RB type hill. Absolutely beautiful campus. Walnut's alumni and their contributions is second to probably just Elder in Cincinnati area. Walnut actually has 2 turf stadiums, the second and much smaller and newer one was all funded by alumni, like most of their campus. They bought quite a few houses, tore them down to upgrade their athletics facilities. Walnut's alumni will most likely continue to purchase property to expand.