Week 9: St. Ignatius

Lyons drops Lenehan after 2 yard gain.
Timeout X.
4th and 5 around the 40
1:30 to play, X still with 2 timeouts, down 7 points

2 first down passes to the X 43 followed by 3 incomplete passes brings up 4th down
Atrocious clock management by X right now

2 complete passes to Klare takes it to the Wildcat 34 yard line with 5 seconds to go
1 shot to the end zone coming up
timeout wildcats

intercepted in the end zone.
back to the drawing board
X looked pretty ordinary today.
Kellom not getting his footing on this field, wind wreaked havoc, bad long snaps on 3 occasions, injury to Collins
Looks like Moeller beat Ed's......OMG what a day
Harbins will get a sizable shake up

It just occurred to me....the final play of the game.....that heave into the end zone.
Was McCaughey's first interception of the season after 191 throws produced 128 completions and 23 TDs

Man this loss sucks on so many levels

Coverdale again can't handle play calling in the clutch.
Kellom's 4 consecutive 100 yard rushing game broken today.
210 vs Moe, 164 Elder, 112 Trinity and 108 LaSalle
In those 4 games he averaged 27 carries a game and also averaged 58 receiving yards.
Only 14 carries today for 46 yards and 15 yards receiving.........cleat sabotage hurt his stats and cause his number to be called less?

Reactions: 4GX
They couldn't really get rolling until late after that injury. Also the officiating was atrocious. Thats why you always have to go out and dominate the other team so officiating has no impact. Also any word on how inured player is doing?

I'm shocked that X has 2 losses at this point of the season. I was out with a couple of my X buddies tonight that seem to think that the team has read too many press clippings and who's breaking this record, or what school this kid is planning on signing with and not focusing on the games?

Still the favorite in region 4 though in my opinion.

If X beats ECLA next Friday at home they will finish with a Harbin total @32.
Only Moeller who is currently at 30.2 can finish higher than 32 so X will be #2 seed in R4
For X to be #1 seed in region 4, Moeller has to lose to King and then 2 of these 3 things have to happen
Hoban beat St. Eds, Portsmouth beat Ironton, Alter beat Chaminade

Moeller deserves to be #1. They are playing the best football right now. This StX team needs to regroup. Seems like there are some key injuries they are going to have to adjust. Very obvious the loss of Collins yesterday had a huge impact on the offense and losing the long snapper hurt as well. Have to think both kids will be back at some point, but StX has to regroup.

Moeller deserves to be #1. They are playing the best football right now. This StX team needs to regroup. Seems like there are some key injuries they are going to have to adjust. Very obvious the loss of Collins yesterday had a huge impact on the offense and losing the long snapper hurt as well. Have to think both kids will be back at some point, but StX has to regroup.
I was wrong about the Cats. Ignatius had 4 turnovers and still won the game.

Agree that missing a LT is huge, but Ignatius was pressuring the X QB from all angles.

And blaming cleats and footing is lame.

The QB play from Ignatius was the best it's been all season yesterday, by lunar miles.

Agree that missing a LT is huge, but Ignatius was pressuring the X QB from all angles.

The QB play from Ignatius was the best it's been all season yesterday, by lunar miles.
Why blame X or give credit to Ignatius when I can blame refs, injury, equipment, a long drive, weather.........
My list of excuses is endless.

And yes the Wildcat QB play was the best of the season.
I had dubbed Pfaff the best QB on the Bomber schedule early in the season
Not sure if it was by lunar miles but but definitely by a long shot
Now win region 1

Last edited:

Oh, and Lenehan...