Week 9: Poland (6-2) at Hubbard (6-2)

Yep Hubbard's YSN actually isn't that bad. Former players. Seem to do a pretty good job. Can't understand how this game doesn't get broadcasted on a local station though.

Just found out the other day that due to cuts in staff 570 does not broadcast ANY games anymore. I believe 1390 may be the only station left on traditional radio doing it.

Toronto Prep at Harding on WHKZ 1440 AM
Western Reserve at Springfield om WBBW 1240 AM
Ursuline (1-7) at Mooney (4-4) on WNIO 1390 AM (also FOX WYFX Game of the Week) -LOL

Not one person has picked Hubbard at home with an even spread against Poland in this weeks pick'em thread. I think that tells you what people truly think of this game when the rubber meets the road.

I like Poland in this one. I believe Poland was winning when their qb went down. It took them few weeks to figure things out. Now they are firing on all cylinders. I always enjoy watching Poland beat this open enrollment wannabe. ?
By the way Seminary, Poland also has an open enrollment program. They just want to make more money off of it.

School board approves open enrollment policy
March 24, 2017
By J.T. Whitehouse , The Town Crier
Save |
The Poland Board of Education approved the district's open enrollment policy, denying applications submitted by students from other school districts unless they pay a tuition fee.

He said while the district doesn't allow open enrollment students, it accepts tuition students. Meaning, he said, an outside student's family must pay the $8,000 tuition fee per year to attend Poland schools.

By the way Seminary, Poland also has an open enrollment program. They just want to make more money off of it.

School board approves open enrollment policy
March 24, 2017
By J.T. Whitehouse , The Town Crier
Save |
The Poland Board of Education approved the district's open enrollment policy, denying applications submitted by students from other school districts unless they pay a tuition fee.

He said while the district doesn't allow open enrollment students, it accepts tuition students. Meaning, he said, an outside student's family must pay the $8,000 tuition fee per year to attend Poland schools.
I didn't realize that. That's a great policy and should be used by all districts. Like an "out of state" tuition for colleges are always higher. Makes sense if you aren't in the district paying taxes for the school.

Poland converts a handful of 3rd downs after a Hubbard turnover on downs. Leads to a TD run on a QB boot.

Poland 7
Hubbard 0
18 seconds 1Q

Tuition is not open enrollment. You can pay "tuition" to go to any public Ohio HS

Not sure. Poland recognizes it as open enrollment. Who knows.