Week 8: NDCL (6-1) @ Lake Catholic (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lchsman

The Cougars are back home for a big game on Friday against NDCL. NDCL crushed Walsh this past Friday at Walsh. LC went on the road and had their biggest win in the last 5 years defeating Benedictine. I’m still somewhat surprised at the LC-Benedictine outcome so I don’t know what to expect this Friday. I can say as far as the playoffs go, for both teams, it doesn’t get much bigger than this. With NDCL closing the regular season against Hoban and Padua, and LC with their upset win last week and just trying to sniff week 11 for the first time in a long time, it should be a packed house this Friday night. IMO, the loser of this game will be home week 11. This will be the most anticipated LC football game in a long time. A lot on the line, and not just for the kids.

Lake Catholic and NDCL have played 27 times with the Cougars holding a 20-7 advantage in the series. The Lions defeated LC 28-14 last year in Chardon.

Kickoff is at 7:00 Friday night at the JTO.

The Cougars are back home for a big game on Friday against NDCL. NDCL crushed Walsh this past Friday at Walsh. LC went on the road and had their biggest win in the last 5 years defeating Benedictine. I’m still somewhat surprised at the LC-Benedictine outcome so I don’t know what to expect this Friday. I can say as far as the playoffs go, for both teams, it doesn’t get much bigger than this. With NDCL closing the regular season against Hoban and Padua, and LC with their upset win last week and just trying to sniff week 11 for the first time in a long time, it should be a packed house this Friday night. IMO, the loser of this game will be home week 11. This will be the most anticipated LC football game in a long time. A lot on the line, and not just for the kids.

Lake Catholic and NDCL have played 27 times with the Cougars holding a 20-7 advantage in the series. The Lions defeated LC 28-14 last year in Chardon.

Kickoff is at 7:00 Friday night at the JTO.

What happened during the NDCL/Bennie game is no secret to anyone who saw the game DVD. It appears that Benedictine plans to return to where it left off after the RW debacle. GL Friday.

Even though they lost that kinda fluky game to Benny, I think NDCL is the 2nd best team in the NCL, especially after seeing Padua's act on Friday night. NDCL can't afford more than 1 more loss, and with Hoban still to come, this is a must win. Pretty much the same for LC, although they might be able to crawl into the 8 spot in Region 5 at 6-4. Makes for one high stakes rivalry game.

Even though they lost that kinda fluky game to Benny, I think NDCL is the 2nd best team in the NCL, especially after seeing Padua's act on Friday night. NDCL can't afford more than 1 more loss, and with Hoban still to come, this is a must win. Pretty much the same for LC, although they might be able to crawl into the 8 spot in Region 5 at 6-4. Makes for one high stakes rivalry game.

It wasn't a fluky game. If you saw the DVD, you would understand what both coaching staffs know. I feel like I am going back in time to when Bell was at LC if this sort of thing is going to take root again in "The home of champions". I thought that maybe this might be behind us when Bell's LC program crashed and burned under the weight of its own corruption. But, I guess not. How can a team take any pride in its program when it feels it has to cheat to win?

What happened during the NDCL/Bennie game is no secret to anyone who saw the game DVD. It appears that Benedictine plans to return to where it left off after the RW debacle. GL Friday.

I saw the game live, not on DVD, and have no clue what secret you’re talking about.

It wasn't a fluky game. If you saw the DVD, you would understand what both coaching staffs know. I feel like I am going back in time to when Bell was at LC if this sort of thing is going to take root again in "The home of champions". I thought that maybe this might be behind us when Bell's LC program crashed and burned under the weight of its own corruption. But, I guess not. How can a team take any pride in its program when it feels it has to cheat to win?

So LC cheated under Bell? Corruption? And now Benedictine cheats?

Thanks for the great insight on this weeks game.

Park obviously has a long history of trollish behavior on multiple websites, but I was wondering the same thing.

Not everybody has seen the video so why not just come out and say what it is you're trying to say (if you're Park)? You can't even infer what he's trying to say based on his post.

Of course, we all know Park isn't a "football" guy so he's limited to non-football attacks on other schools. He's just a Cathedral Latin sychophant who likes to slander other schools.

I saw the game live, not on DVD, and have no clue what secret you’re talking about.

In any event, that was a huge win for LC. Was that game an outlier (either Benedictine playing poorly or LC playing above their pay grade)?

It wasn't a fluky game.

I wasn't there, but when you fumble in the last 2 min with the lead and it goes back 85 yds for a TD, and then a kid hits a long FG at the gun that hits and crawls over the crossbar, to me that's kinda fluky.

Park just cannot get over the fact the the blockhead CL dudes got hosed by a bunch of nuns and now the place out in Munson is still just Notre Dame Academy but with boys.

And by the way the Benny team that showed up against Lake was not focused and deserved to lose that game. The OL was always going to be the weak link TY and the Cougars exploited that, I find it interesting that the Lions staff could not and lost a very winnable game. Just goes to show they have a long way to go out there in the hinterland.

In any event, that was a huge win for LC. Was that game an outlier (either Benedictine playing poorly or LC playing above their pay grade)?

I believe a little of both. I know Benedictine has issues with their offensive line. What surprised me the most though was the LC offense and their success in moving the ball. That was the best game the LC offensive line played all year. Morgan, Griffus, and Conley all had big games. I do believe they need to utilize Conley more in the backfield. Kid is a beast to bring down.

I think the big question is who will be starting at QB for the Cougars this Friday night, Gibbons or Slowey. I don’t believe Gibbons took a snap at QB the entire 2nd half last week.

...best of luck this week to my buddy lchsman & the Cougars vs the "Cow Jerkers"

1-4-7F9-49-A001329.jpg

Park just cannot get over the fact the the blockhead CL dudes got hosed by a bunch of nuns and now the place out in Munson is still just Notre Dame Academy but with boys.

And by the way the Benny team that showed up against Lake was not focused and deserved to lose that game. The OL was always going to be the weak link TY and the Cougars exploited that, I find it interesting that the Lions staff could not and lost a very winnable game. Just goes to show they have a long way to go out there in the hinterland.

I liked it better back in the spring when you were ripping the benedictine coaching staff. you know, before they had even played one game in the second year of a new staff. lock in on padua dead head.

Why are you so gutless?

Explain why you say they cheated or don't bring it up.

I liked it better back in the spring when you were ripping the benedictine coaching staff. you know, before they had even played one game in the second year of a new staff. lock in on padua dead head.

I never ripped those guys, I was part of the chorus that said give the guy(s) a few years. After the Lake Catholic game though...

The Benedictine win couldn't have come at a better time for the Cougars. If nothing else, it gave them the confidence they needed coming into this week's game vs NDCL. While they always play this game tough, it's good for them to have even more on the line...a playoff berth which would be the first in a long time. Hoping they continue to play with the heart they showed against Bene.

And I guess the News-Herald thinks they are relevant again.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/2...otball-cougars-lay-it-on-the-line-for-success

LC is a dying school?

Park obviously has a long history of trollish behavior on multiple websites, but I was wondering the same thing.

Not everybody has seen the video so why not just come out and say what it is you're trying to say (if you're Park)? You can't even infer what he's trying to say based on his post.

Of course, we all know Park isn't a "football" guy so he's limited to non-football attacks on other schools. He's just a Cathedral Latin sychophant who likes to slander other schools.

The guy sitting next to me at the game this evening commented that LC appeared to be a dying school. I explained to him that it has a lot more on its plate these days than worrying about winning more football games. Are you aware of the scuttlebutt going around that LC might not be accredited next year? Just asking respectfully. BTW, what happened to the arrogance, "swagger" and attendance that used to be so much a part of the LC football program? The student cheering section almost equaled the rest of the attendance at Mentor this evening for LC. Most of the LC fans also left early. So much for big and slow "O" lines and the LC fans' loyalty. One other thing, you are correct that I am far more an academics guy than a football guy. When is LC and Benedictine going to get their academics on par with the rest of the schools in the Blue Division of the NCL?

Last edited:
How did NDCL end up with 25 kids on the sideline at the freshman game on Thursday? Every other game this season the NDCL freshman team only had 15 kids. Where did the other 10 come from this week?

Last edited:
As for your questions?

How did NDCL end up with 25 kids on the sideline at the freshman game on Thursday? Every other game this season the NDCL freshman team only had 15 kids. Where did the other 10 come from this week?

1. Call up Coach Mooney and ask him why there were 25 players at the Freshman game. I'm certain that he won't have any problem discussing it with you.

2. I am not being paid to educate you. Do your own research. Beyond that, you didn't answer the questions I asked, chief.

1. Call up Coach Mooney and ask him why there were 25 players at the Freshman game. I'm certain that he won't have any problem discussing it with you.

2. I am not being paid to educate you. Do your own research. Beyond that, you didn't answer the questions I asked, chief.

Not being paid to educate me? I never asked you any questions, chief. And you never asked me any questions there chief, so not sure what you’re talking about. Beyond that, you didn’t answer the questions that were asked of you earlier in this thread, chief.

The NDCL people are right about one thing, you’re a complete buffoon.

The guy sitting next to me at the game this evening commented that LC appeared to be a dying school. I explained to him that it has a lot more on its plate these days than worrying about winning more football games. Are you aware of the scuttlebutt going around that LC might not be accredited next year? Just asking respectfully. BTW, what happened to the arrogance, "swagger" and attendance that used to be so much a part of the LC football program? The student cheering section almost equaled the rest of the attendance at Mentor this evening for LC. Most of the LC fans also left early. So much for big and slow "O" lines and the LC fans' loyalty. One other thing, you are correct that I am far more an academics guy than a football guy. When is LC and Benedictine going to get their academics on par with the rest of the schools in the Blue Division of the NCL?

For a rivalry game with playoff ramifications I don't think Lake Catholics stands were 1/3 full.

For a rivalry game with playoff ramifications I don't think Lake Catholics stands were 1/3 full.

No difference in size crowd than any other LC home football game the past 4 years. We stunk then and we stink now. After LC’s biggest win in a long time the week prior against Benedictine, I did believe there would be more people there. This makes me come to the conclusion that LC must be a dying school. I know the guy sitting next to parkhaven at the game and parkhaven himself agrees.

Rivalry game? You must of been part of the NDCL crew that had the special t-shirts made ($10.00) or long sleeve ($13.00) for the big super bowl week 8 matchup against a 4-3 LC team.

Will there be special shirts made for sale this week for the Hoban game?

Status
Not open for further replies.