week 8 Elder ( 6 - 1) at Winton Woods ( 5 -2)

Hey Elder guys......is there a way to watch the EHS stream at a later time and not live?
I will be at a different game tonight and unable to watch.
Thanks.
Since the game is at WW tonight, there will not be an Elder video stream. In the past Waycross media has had the video of the game up by Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning at the very latest. Hoping that's the case again as I won't get to watch tonight either.

Business has me far from home, following the game on scorestream, how are the Warriors moving the ball?

Elder qb is as advertised. Can take off at the drop of a hat. WW defense has to get a stop or stops. So far elder d can’t stop WW offense either. Second half will be interesting

Those predicting scores in the 40s-50s may not be too far off. I thought low 30s, high 20s at best but neither defense seems to be able to get a stop.

shut the front door!!! 42 points??? Yea right!
You said there was no chance St. Ed would score 34 on you, and they scored 51.

So, there's that.
Are you bored over in West Chester? 42 vs Ed's wasn't exactly earned. WW turning over the ball deep in it's on territory, going for it on 3rd and 1 from minus 5, and getting stuffed, and a missed fumble recovery converting for a TD. Bottom line is, we loss.

Was it earned tonight?

Good game elder. Neither defense was effective. WW fumble and subsequent elder offense score was the difference. I have tons to say on WW defensive scheme but what’s the point. Games over. I wish I had the time to coach. Almost every elder pass was outs, crossing routes and drags. So why the db cushion. I’m jamming EVERY SINGLE PLAY. And the qb is the leading rusher for a reason. Seemed like he was never accounted for . Our fate is no longer totally in our hands. Beat lasalle and hope for help. Oh well

Good game elder. Neither defense was effective. WW fumble and subsequent elder offense score was the difference. I have tons to say on WW defensive scheme but what’s the point. Games over. I wish I had the time to coach. Almost every elder pass was outs, crossing routes and drags. So why the db cushion. I’m jamming EVERY SINGLE PLAY. And the qb is the leading rusher for a reason. Seemed like he was never accounted for . Our fate is no longer totally in our hands. Beat lasalle and hope for help. Oh well
WW wasn't jamming at the LOS? In year's past in this matchup it's in your face, bump and run, Cover 0 and Elder has struggled mightly. Wonder why the difference tonight? Royer maybe scare them?

pops, we take so long to make adjustments, it's really funny. I still don't get these coaches trying a pooch kick up 10-7 why, your not playing edgewood, you give elder almost half a field, wth. then trying a fake field goal, to go up 10. what are they thinking. everyone knows their QB was running most of game, put someone on him, make adjustments, these coaches with the stupid play calling and risk taking approach does not give our guys a chance to make plays. these coaches put our kids in a bad spot. I really have no idea how they are coaching, it's crazy. You are right, hope for the best and maybe we sneak in at 8 spot if we can upset lasalle.

Curious, did Miyan Wiliams look 100%? Anybody know how many yards he had? Actually, Elder's defense did stop Winton Woods in the second half. The Warriors scored on a kickoff return and a touchdown on the last play of the game when the game was over.

Curious, did Miyan Wiliams look 100%? Anybody know how many yards he had? Actually, Elder's defense did stop Winton Woods in the second half. The Warriors scored on a kickoff return and a touchdown on the last play of the game when the game was over.

Williams had 68 yards on 15 carries... He looked ok, but can't be sure. Elder did a great job in the 2nd half making adjustments on both sides of the ball.

He imo was not 100%, He looks a lot better, but we fans in the stands could tell he still had a little gimp slightly.

Luebbe was good as advertised. It was difficult for the WW defense to get off the field. I'm not so quick to blame the loss on coaching decisions. When things don't work it's easy to do. I thought we came up with a couple of fumble recoveries (especially when the ref threw the bean bag) but they were overruled twice. I think the WW QB got greedy on the mesh fumble, think he was supposed to give the ball.
I think some of the Elder fan's downplayed this game but the way Elder celebrated in the locker room, they were very excited to win. Elder may make noise come the playoffs.

Luebbe was good as advertised. It was difficult for the WW defense to get off the field. I'm not so quick to blame the loss on coaching decisions. When things don't work it's easy to do. I thought we came up with a couple of fumble recoveries (especially when the ref threw the bean bag) but they were overruled twice. I think the WW QB got greedy on the mesh fumble, think he was supposed to give the ball.
I think some of the Elder fan's downplayed this game but the way Elder celebrated in the locker room, they were very excited to win. Elder may make noise come the playoffs.

Anytime you get a win against Winton Woods celebration is deserved. Elder fans knew WW was very good, especially after last year's game at Elder. They were actually leary of WW and thought it would need to be a shoot out for a win, which it was. Elder fans, including myself highly respect WW for their anytime, any where, any body attitude which is similar to Elder's and the GCL as a whole. It's not right that WW only gets 9 games because other teams and leagues don't have that mantra and does the numbers knowing their league play is enough to getting them into the playoffs. Your schedule is brutal and those other teams in greater Cincinnati who don't want to schedule WW have no idea what that is like and are afraid to find out. Unfortunately, it looks like the yearly battles with Elder have ended. But, I know WW will continue to schedule strong outside their league in the coming years. Good luck next week!

Last edited:
Best of luck to WW for the rest of the season. You guys deserve to be in the playoffs and have what it takes to win a state title. Awesome game, gave Elder all they could handle. Great game to watch as a fan. I’m going to miss this annual battle.

Looking forward to powerful Winton Woods program entry into the solid ECC. My alma mater is going to have to step its game up and thats a good thing. ECC will be in a position to qualify multiple teams to the playoffs in the future.

Good luck to Winton Woods the rest of the year and not just for Harbin points! I've come to have major respect for you program and your willingness to schedule teams other schools won't. It would be a major shame if you don't make the playoffs this year. I generally don't root against GCL teams but I'll be rooting for you guys when you play LaSalle so you get the playoff spot you deserve.

Good luck to Winton Woods the rest of the year and not just for Harbin points! I've come to have major respect for you program and your willingness to schedule teams other schools won't. It would be a major shame if you don't make the playoffs this year. I generally don't root against GCL teams but I'll be rooting for you guys when you play LaSalle so you get the playoff spot you deserve.

Well, thank you. Been following Elder football since the QB Keller took over for a injured Scott Diattlo back in 87. We over at the Woods have the utmost respect for the Elder football program and the loyal part of the fan base. Its been a long road for WW trying to compete and win vs Elder. This plan started with former State Championship Coach Troy Everhart. Many thought he was insane when he dropped the teams we were playing to add teams in the GCL South. We took our lumps earlier but we made progress every year. Coach Andre Parker has taken this WW program to even higher status with his hard nose style! Really hope this team can make it in to the playoffs. The kids put so much time into this football program, the deserve to go. If it does not happen we only have our self to blame. Good luck Elder. See you down the road! GO WARRIORS!

Looking forward to powerful Winton Woods program entry into the solid ECC. My alma mater is going to have to step its game up and thats a good thing. ECC will be in a position to qualify multiple teams to the playoffs in the future.
Hey Jack.... who is your alma mater... you have been a great poster for a while on Yappi and I am just curious lol!

Well, thank you. Been following Elder football since the QB Keller took over for a injured Scott Diattlo back in 87. We over at the Woods have the utmost respect for the Elder football program and the loyal part of the fan base. Its been a long road for WW trying to compete and win vs Elder. This plan started with former State Championship Coach Troy Everhart. Many thought he was insane when he dropped the teams we were playing to add teams in the GCL South. We took our lumps earlier but we made progress every year. Coach Andre Parker has taken this WW program to even higher status with his hard nose style! Really hope this team can make it in to the playoffs. The kids put so much time into this football program, the deserve to go. If it does not happen we only have our self to blame. Good luck Elder. See you down the road! GO WARRIORS!
May God bless you Blue.
This is the truth.
The teams that have lined up against the Warriors know that they are for real. Anyone says otherwise isn’t honest.
Bottom Line..... WW players, coaches, and fans have total respect for ALL the teams we play.
Coach Parker DEMANDS IT!
What a class guy.
This program and the players that have come thru deserve respect and they give it.

Last edited: