Week 7: Fairbanks (4-2) vs. West Liberty-Salem (6-0)

Dr. Chief

Series History
Games played: 33
Fairbanks leads the series 23-10.
Fairbanks leads the series at Fairbanks 13-4.
First played: 1970 at Fairbanks (Fairbanks 40, West Liberty-Salem 20)
Last played: 2018 at West Liberty-Salem (West Liberty-Salem 38, Fairbanks 35)
Most Fairbanks points scored: 54 in 1980 (Fairbanks 54, West Liberty-Salem 0)
Most West Liberty-Salem points scored: 38 in 2018 (West Liberty-Salem 38, Fairbanks 35)
Most combined points: 73 in 2018: (West Liberty-Salem 38, Fairbanks 35)
Longest Fairbanks win streak: 7 (1978-84)
Longest West Liberty-Salem win streak: 2 (1976-77; 1988-89; 1994-95; 2017-18)

This game will be closer than most think. Just stay healthy. I think both of these team makes waves in the playoffs. Go OHC!

I had no idea the series was this lopsided. But thinking back, WLS and Fairbanks haven't played (until recently) since the WCOC split up. The programs went 2 different directions.

I agree that this game will be close. A lot is on the line - WLS can essentially clinch a playoff berth with a win, Fairbanks is essentially eliminated with a loss. WLS could also easily be looking ahead to Week 8 and from what I understand has some injuries they're dealing with. I don't like this match-up at this point in the year, not one bit.

I had no idea the series was this lopsided. But thinking back, WLS and Fairbanks haven't played (until recently) since the WCOC split up. The programs went 2 different directions.

I agree that this game will be close. A lot is on the line - WLS can essentially clinch a playoff berth with a win, Fairbanks is essentially eliminated with a loss. WLS could also easily be looking ahead to Week 8 and from what I understand has some injuries they're dealing with. I don't like this match-up at this point in the year, not one bit.
On the injuries if it is the kid that was sitting on the bench at the end of the game yes that is going to hurt???

WLS starting that again about hurt players or is it legit?
I know 2 years ago they said that QB Woodruff was hurt going into the WJ game.
Pregame he was not dressed doing nothing and then when they returned to the field he was dressed and fine.
Didn’t fake anyone out, WJ prepared all week for him anyways.
Hopefully if anyone is out they will make a speedy recovery.

As of the game, WLS should win big even though this will be their toughest game yet.

WLS starting that again about hurt players or is it legit?
I know 2 years ago they said that QB Woodruff was hurt going into the WJ game.
Pregame he was not dressed doing nothing and then when they returned to the field he was dressed and fine.
Didn’t fake anyone out, WJ prepared all week for him anyways.
Hopefully if anyone is out they will make a speedy recovery.

As of the game, WLS should win big even though this will be their toughest game yet.
I was getting ready to post the same thing but since you did i won’t

Oh boy, haha. #1 - I didn’t post any names. I haven’t been to any practices or spoken to any coaches. I said “from what I understand.” #2 - regarding the QB a few years ago, if he didn’t dress pregame and had been injured, don’t you think he was probably a true game time decision? If I posted something on here about him being hurt, and the team went through all of that trouble, it was legit. There is no element of surprise to be had in high school football. I’m not, nor have I ever been in the locker room, only share what’s shared with me. Cool to attack someone’s integrity over it.

The Woodruff boy was hurt leading up to that game, which I was at. Asked a parent about it and they said it would be a game time decision. Not sure If the coaches were trying to fake WJ out or not, but he was hurt for weeks leading up to that game. He didn't play in the Burg game that year.

I think the WLS FB game will be close. Its been a 3 point game the last two years. Maybe Fairbanks is due a win.

Dont know dont care about game time decisions or injuries we know little about (unless u are in trainers room ) ...I think I'm the only one who thinks wls wins by several scores at fairbanks . Thinkin 28/35 -14ish...been wrong before

I know this always doesn't pan out right, but how is WLS compared to last year?

I believe Fairbanks isn't nearly as good as 2018..

I know this always doesn't pan out right, but how is WLS compared to last year?

I believe Fairbanks isn't nearly as good as 2018..

A little bit gooder. But with the quarterback, running back, kicker and offensive coordinator out with injuries through the West Jefferson game, maybe not the goodest. You didn't hear that from me though. ???

A little bit gooder. But with the quarterback, running back, kicker and offensive coordinator out with injuries through the West Jefferson game, maybe not the goodest. You didn't hear that from me though. ???
Hahahahaha!!!! As long as they have a dline and linebackers....they win ....lol

Sounds like west liberty be

the 8th grader better stay down because he’s going to be needed next week for the 8th grade game

If you don’t beat our 8th graders by 40, you owe me a beer after the game. Deal?

According to your website, you beat mechanicsburg (our lone loss) 34-8. They put a running clock on us. Not even sure why I encourage my son to play knowing what’s in store for him a week from tomorrow and for the next 4 years.

I’m super excited we carried the WJ cockiness over to Jr High sports. THAT is something I actually have stake in!

You know WLS color, I know who you and you act like you are so bias on here and you are not!
Before the WLS @ WJ playoff game In 2007 in Urbana years ago talking to you with my brother pre game you said that WJ team had no speed to even stay on the field with WLS that night and WJ hung 54 on them that night.
Now, you were my age then so now you are way older!
Stop talking and acting on here like your in high school!
You care about no one but WLS, which is fine!
If they don’t win by 3 scores Friday night then look out!
Simply put, WLS has played no one this year just look at the computer and you can see that.
As of the WJ 8th grade game against Burg, WJ simply took their foot off the gas even when the Burg coaches are calling the WJ coaches ‘Bush Leaguers’!
Oh, by the way, you didn’t talk to me during halftime and after the game that night in Urbana either.
I would of congratulated you if WLS would of won but I’m sure you were doing something else right?
As for my behavior tonight, I apologize but I’m tired of listening to it.
I won’t respond to this either and if you would like to talk about it Color, we can talk at the the game!

You know WLS color, I know who you and you act like you are so bias on here and you are not!
Before the WLS @ WJ playoff game In 2007 in Urbana years ago talking to you with my brother pre game you said that WJ team had no speed to even stay on the field with WLS that night and WJ hung 54 on them that night.
Now, you were my age then so now you are way older!
Stop talking and acting on here like your in high school!
You care about no one but WLS, which is fine!
If they don’t win by 3 scores Friday night then look out!
Simply put, WLS has played no one this year just look at the computer and you can see that.
As of the WJ 8th grade game against Burg, WJ simply took their foot off the gas even when the Burg coaches are calling the WJ coaches ‘Bush Leaguers’!
Oh, by the way, you didn’t talk to me during halftime and after the game that night in Urbana either.
I would of congratulated you if WLS would of won but I’m sure you were doing something else right?
As for my behavior tonight, I apologize but I’m tired of listening to it.
I won’t respond to this either and if you would like to talk about it Color, we can talk at the the game!

Where do I ever claim to be unbiased? I do, however, call it like I see it. I’ve said since last fall (a full year) that WJ and Mechanicsburg are the 2 best teams in the league. So you can try and bait me into talking trash, but I won’t. Because I full expect WLS to be 8-2 or 7-3. I think I’ve made that pretty clear

And I was on the radio that night. I can’t stop broadcasts to chitchat, my apologies.

Finally, this is indeed a Fairbanks/WLS thread. If you take the time to scroll back up, you’ll see that WJ guys jumped into it and started throwing jabs. If you’re tired of reading it, tell your fellow fans to knock it off.

Was told WLS is playing Indian lake next year? Believe next year is the last season for their HC as his son will be a senior

Last edited:
Was told WLS is playing Indian lake next year? Believe next year is the last season for their HC, wondering if he is picking that as his last due to the graduation of their super talented Qb

I haven’t heard that but hope it’s true and hope they keep it on the schedule

I haven’t heard that but hope it’s true and hope they keep it on the schedule

Of course you would, their super talented QB is a SR this year I do believe and currently as the HS level there isn't anything coming up to replace that possible adequately! I would expect an easy few years at least for WLS.

My source is right about 82% of the time so it could be wrong. I know the Lake is all excited about facing Anna in week 1 next year, but luckily for the Lake, Anna is graduating a super talented senior class!

Very specific percentage! Haha. I actually thought Jacobs was a Jr., he is indeed a Senior though. I don't want the game because I think it will be an easy win for WLS, I think it's better competition than Graham and also 2 schools that kind of have a rivalry in about every other sport.

WLS graduates 15 seniors. They will be young too. Should be an interesting match-up if your source isn't pulling one of his 18 percenters here. ?

Very specific percentage! Haha. I actually thought Jacobs was a Jr., he is indeed a Senior though. I don't want the game because I think it will be an easy win for WLS, I think it's better competition than Graham and also 2 schools that kind of have a rivalry in about every other sport.

WLS graduates 15 seniors. They will be young too. Should be an interesting match-up if your source isn't pulling one of his 18 percenters here. ?
I thought he was a Jr. as well but was corrected this morning. He is one helluva QB and I wholeheartedly believe if he was on a more high profiled team, and some more tools around him he could put up OPOY type of numbers.

There is no backup plan at the HS level at QB so the next couple of years could be extremely brutal for IL and may be no better than that Graham matchup you speak of.

To be fair, this source was 80% correct but upped his game the last couple of years so now he is right 82%.

It would be a week 3 matchup I do believe as I was told WLS would be replacing Riverside, whom ya ll played southeastern...

I thought he was a Jr. as well but was corrected this morning. He is one helluva QB and I wholeheartedly believe if he was on a more high profiled team, and some more tools around him he could put up OPOY type of numbers.

There is no backup plan at the HS level at QB so the next couple of years could be extremely brutal for IL and may be no better than that Graham matchup you speak of.

To be fair, this source was 80% correct but upped his game the last couple of years so now he is right 82%.

It would be a week 3 matchup I do believe as I was told WLS would be replacing Riverside, whom ya ll played southeastern...

I think your source is wrong then. Better take him down to 78%. OHC teams only get 2 OOC games, week 3 is crossover play.