Week 7: Cincinnati Lasalle (6-0) @ Covington Catholic (7-0)

Who is winning?

• Covington Catholic

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Cincinnati Lasalle

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters

gclrules

Big interstate matchup between Cincinnati Lasalle and Covington Catholic. Lasalle riding a 6 game winning streak and coming off a win vs Archbishop Moeller. Cov Cath comes in winning 7 in a row and on top of the 5a Kentucky polls and coming off a win vs Boone County. It should be a very physical and tight game. What are your predictions for the game?

CovCath has not had to face a team like us yet so it will feel weird for them
That is true and you can only beat the teams that are on your schedule, but that is a two way street. You haven't played anyone yet. Your last 4 games will tell the story of how good LaSalle really is. There is no comparison to who X, WW and Elder have played:

Here is your body of work:

Moeller 1-5
SJCI 2-3 (Buffalo Ny) 6 guys on their roster over 200 lbs 8 if you count those that weigh exactly 200lbs assuming their posted roster is right
Dunbar 2-4
Mansfield(MA) 3-1 This is Mass football do we even count this as a winning record, just kidding
LW 4-2 Has only beat one team with a winning record and that team is Centerville who beat miamisburg, dunbar, beavercreek and wayne none of which have a winning record
Mason 3-3

Has the Cov Cath schedule been more challenging than LaSalle's up to this point.. I highly doubt it.

That is true and you can only beat the teams that are on your schedule, but that is a two way street. You haven't played anyone yet. Your last 4 games will tell the story of how good LaSalle really is. There is no comparison to who X, WW and Elder have played:

Moeller 1-5
SJCI 2-3 (Buffalo Ny) 6 guys on their roster over 200 lbs 8 if you count those that weigh exactly 200lbs assuming their posted roster is right
Dunbar 2-4
Mansfield(MA) 3-1 This is Mass football do we even count this as a winning record, just kidding
LW 4-2 Has only beat one team with a winning record and that team is Centerville who beat miamisburg, dunbar, beavercreek and wayne none of which have a winning record
Mason 3-3

Mansfield was actually pretty good with some nice players. They could beat Moeller.

Moeller 1-5
Dunbar 2-4
Mason 3-3
2014 did not play anyone elite besides Moeller and St X

I kind of get the schedule argument, but La Salle has blown everyone out. Scored at least 30 in each. Pasteur has the schedule No. 2 in DII behind Winton Woods.

Maybe they’re good.

and X, WW and Elders D have been sub-par lately but this is CovCath and if we play like we have all season we will expose them and i think are team is at an 8/10 right now which means good but still things to fix

I know some kids that play for Covcath I don’t think I know anyone on LS . I’ve actually seen CovCath play . I’ll say LS by 2 TD’s.

I wouldn't want to be the defensive coordinator of Cov. Cath. given the task of stopping La Salle. Moeller was absolutely certain they could beat La Salle by stopping their aerial attack. They succeeded wonderfully with the plan to stop any TDs through the air. Lancers had all of 46 yards through the air with no passing TD with Zach Branan getting his first interception of the year. Their thinking was we will take care of stopping Zach with his passing by covering his receivers and make him beat us with his legs. I did see double coverage of some receivers at times. Moeller duly took note that Zach had three touchdowns passing the previous week against St. Joseph's. They found out to their chagrin that La Salle is not a one dimensional team. Zach burned them with his rushing for 5 TDs and 243 yards rushing. The Colonels are caught between a rock and a hard place. Which poisen do they pick?

Last edited:
#6 Lasalle vs #5 Covington Catholic is considered the best game in the Tri-State this week

Here is a preview for the game

Who did you see them play?
Saw them play Boone Co. last week. My wife is a teacher in Boone and one of her coworkers had a son on the team. Boone is pretty bad so maybe not the best barometer. My kids played at McNick and I saw them once this season at Indian Hill I think they could beat Boone.

Saw them play Boone Co. last week. My wife is a teacher in Boone and one of her coworkers had a son on the team. Boone is pretty bad so maybe not the best barometer. My kids played at McNick and I saw them once this season at Indian Hill I think they could beat Boone.
Wow Boone is terrible maybe if they had 2005 shaun alexander then it would be different

I wouldn't want to be the defensive coordinator of Cov. Cath. given the task of stopping La Salle. Moeller was absolutely certain they could beat La Salle by stopping their aerial attack.
why would Moeller be certain they could beat Lasalle by stopping the worst passing offense in the league? Maybe that's moellers problem, they focused on stopping a passing game that avg's less than 100 yards a game through the air. you should make LaSalle beat you through the air.

why would Moeller be certain they could beat Lasalle by stopping the worst passing offense in the league? Maybe that's moellers problem, they focused on stopping a passing game that avg's less than 100 yards a game through the air. you should make LaSalle beat you through the air.
Uhhh we have a 68% completion percentange and 11 Touchdowns to 1 pick I really think they are better passing than the stats say

La Salle can beat anybody through the air. They just happen to be pretty damned good at running it.

Cov Cath has developed a nice program but I'm not sure they stay within 14 points of LaSalle.

LaSalle - 31
Cov Cath - 14