Week 5: Struthers at South Range

BTrev

The 2-2 Cats lost a close one at Niles on Friday, 28-35. Both losses were by 7 points. Seemed like Struthers had all the momentum at halftime, but Niles offense couldn't be stopped in the 2nd half. Struthers was missing 4 starters on defense and is very youngg. I think Hall might be out again this week. Hopefully Felleti is back.
Some bright spots for Struthers... Greenwood and Sanchez both had good games. Especially Greenwood. He's been really accurate all year.

South Range is rolling at 4-0, lead by what's probably the best offense in the NE8. Not sure if Skripac is still at QB or if Patrone is back. But South Range is also very young. Dominguez is one of the best running backs in the league, and Skripac and Patrone have both shown good arms, with really good scrambling ability as well. Seems like they have more designed runs for Patrone... read option and such... while Skripac is more of a scrambler.

Struthers will need to play a near perfect game this week to get the upset. Hopefully the penalties are addressed, or this game can get very ugly. I do think Struthers can put up points on SR, even without Hall and Felleti. I'm just not sure if they can slow down SR's offense enough to keep up.

Through 4 games...

Struthers has scored 96 points... 24 per game average. They've allowed 63... 17.25 per game.
South Range has scored 202 points... 50.5 per game. They've allowed 76 points... 19 per game.

I think last year was the first ever meeting between these two. South Range won a shootout in Struthers, 49-42.

Hopefully the young cars prove me wrong but SR is def the favorite. Greenwood makes the offense more dynamic, hall probably won’t be back but when he does I’m sure it’ll be as an athlete.

Patrone played last week for SR

SR has "only" scored 167. So they're averaging almost 42. They probably play only 1 team that plays defense and didn't move the ball great in that game. If Hall were playing then I think SR is still favored but it's close enough that Struthers could easily win. Without him, man -- I don't know.

SR has "only" scored 167. So they're averaging almost 42. They probably play only 1 team that plays defense and didn't move the ball great in that game. If Hall were playing then I think SR is still favored but it's close enough that Struthers could easily win. Without him, man -- I don't know.

Not sure how I got 202.
Have to be referring to Poland. Most teams have trouble moving the ball on them... plus that game was played in a monsoon.
Struthers plays defense... but it’s more ben but don’t break and force turnovers. Poland is more physical and dominant.

I’m thinking this will be something like a 42-28 kinda game, in favor of South Range..

Hopefully the young cars prove me wrong but SR is def the favorite. Greenwood makes the offense more dynamic, hall probably won’t be back but when he does I’m sure it’ll be as an athlete.

Patrone played last week for SR
Confirming that yes Patrone is back at QB, although I think SR now knows they can be affective offensively with either Patrone or Skripac.

I don’t see the cats pulling this was out lol but crazier things have happened! I don’t see them getting blown out though. No 42-7 or anything like that.

Is the younger Hall that caught some passes at the end of the game last week related to Aiden and JD?

#26... I swear the announcers said his name was Jeremy Hall. I didn’t watch the game back, but I believe he caught a couple passes on the last Struthers TD drive.
No kid named that’s or that number played Friday let alone caught passes

Yeah. My bad. lol
#26 Jeremy Hall is a DB for Niles. I got confused listening to the game live, with the stream going in and out constantly and everything.
Yeah I heard they had bad stream most of the game. Gryzb seems to be Greenwood’s go to receiver, with ekoniak getting hurt in the first quarter it really hurt them