Week 5: Austintown Fitch (4-0) vs Cleveland Benedictine (2-2).

FootballQueen

Thoughts on this one gentlemen? Some info.... The only common opponent the two had on their schedules this year was Warren Harding. Both beating the Raiders. Fitch 25-21, and Benedictine 24-17. Pretty similar. As always....

GO Falcons!

Let's get it!!

Let's GO!!!

Benedictine has some athletes and will be angry after blowing the game vs Massillon. Too many mistakes. This should be a really good game. Benny did not expect to be 2-2 at this point. I know nothing about Fitch so I'm anxious to see how this one plays out.

Benedictine has some athletes and will be angry after blowing the game vs Massillon. Too many mistakes. This should be a really good game. Benny did not expect to be 2-2 at this point. I know nothing about Fitch so I'm anxious to see how this one plays out.
Valid points you made, and yes should be a good one is right. Here's hoping.

No good team "expects" to lose but gotta think 2-2 would have been the most common prediction, outside looking in. In any case good team good athletes and will be a tough out in D2 playoffs. Regardless of Fitch outcome - unless they somehow get dominated which I can't see.

Blowing the game?

Y’all act like Benny was fumbling handoffs (oh wait they did lol) and shooting themselves in the foot. Those interceptions were just good plays by the defensive backs.

We do have both, but they are very young in the secondary and line. I have to imagine that Fitch is going to blitz the whole game.
That would be my approach to beating them aswell. The QB and recievers for the Bengals are very good however; if the Falcon's front 7 are fast and athletic you can wreak havoc on their passing/running attack. Do you think the Falcon's are fast enough to go 1v1 on the outside against the Bengals defensively? What do the falcon's have this year on offense?

That would be my approach to beating them aswell. The QB and recievers for the Bengals are very good however; if the Falcon's front 7 are fast and athletic you can wreak havoc on their passing/running attack. Do you think the Falcon's are fast enough to go 1v1 on the outside against the Bengals defensively? What do the falcon's have this year on offense?
I don't know. We have been go man in tough situations this year, and it has worked. However, Benedictine is better than anyone we've played. Plus, some of our DBs our on the smaller side and will have a hard time defending the big receivers Benedictine has. They are fast. There are always a lot of track guys on Fitch's team, but the size factor is going to be tough. Fitch relies on a sophomore, Cam Smith, to play safety and give help. The problem is he is a sophomore. The kid will be really good, but it's going to take a year. We have a really good passing attack. The QB is considered one of the best dual threat QBs in Ohio. The problem is he got hurt in a scrimmage and has not been running much. That being said, he has a great arm and really good receivers. The line is much bigger than it has been. Again, they are young, and all but one are first year starters. Fitch has two really good running backs. Both are big and hard to bring down. Jamel James is only a sophomore, and he looks like the real deal. The other running back is only a junior, and he too is a beast. Next year could be a really good year for the Falcons. This year has potential too, but Massillon and Hoban probably have too much for the Falcons this year. If Fitch comes out and wins this one, that could change my mind about the Falcons future opponents because I think Benedictine is probably a top five team in DII.

I attended this game last year in person. Fitch played toe to toe with Benne until Benne started throwing bombs. Fitch had no answer for that passing game as the Bengals had receivers running wide open on a few of their scores The Falcons look much improved this season, and have themselves a good young coach. If they can slow that passing game they'll see victory. I'm sure the Bengals will test them early. If they don't have a answer for the pass, Fitch better be ready to score some points because it'll be a foot race. Good luck Falcons and best of luck.

Will this game be streamed for those of us not fortunate enough to be in the stadium?

Yep.
You can find the link on the bengalsathletics.com when we get to Saturday or go to the Benedictine channel on the box cast app if you have a Amazon firestick or something like that.

Could be a let down game for Benedictine as this one comes right in the middle of a tough stretch of Hoban, Massillon, & St. Edward. Benedictine has improved on defense over last year but their OL has been underwhelming so far in 2020 and is concerning, I think this could be a lot closer than most Benny fans expect.

By the way, I hear that these 2 schools will be playing again in 2021.

Get it Falcons....so much tension on game days. I love the Saturday afternoon games too...feels like a college game! And plenty of time to celebrate the W in A-town tonight!

Get it Falcons....so much tension on game days. I love the Saturday afternoon games too...feels like a college game! And plenty of time to celebrate the W in A-town tonight!
What time is the game? I thought it was at 7:00 at Euclid???