Week 5: AP/Yappi #3 Canfield Cardinals (4-0) vs Yappi #7 Chaney Cowboys (4-0) [D-III:R9]

Who wins this match-up of undefeated region 9 teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone know the ticket info for this game? Can you just buy them at the gate, or online?
Im
Not sure if you can get them at the gate, but with only one side of stands I would think people should get there early. Also to be able to park closer to the stadium

Im
Not sure if you can get them at the gate, but with only one side of stands I would think people should get there early. Also to be able to park closer to the stadium
The thing is I can't find any info about tickets on the Chaney school website.

Attachments

• 51847047-B4CC-4F8C-9E9C-56D47D6578D7.png
    51847047-B4CC-4F8C-9E9C-56D47D6578D7.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 25
I know Canfield has played them in more recent years (past 30 years or so) in away games that weren't at Stambaugh. However I am sure one of the "experts" that are more knowledgeable about the YCS can tell you the answer.
If Canfield was 'away' at Chaney in the last 30 years I will guarantee you it wasn't at Rayen. The only varsity football game at Rayen between 1983 and 2011 was the Rayen vs Akron East game in 2006
There were a handful of games at South in the 90s. But I have a HARD time believing Canfield agreed to at South. Although those games at South were either Saturday afternoon or Friday 5 PM kickoff

If Canfield was 'away' at Chaney in the last 30 years I will guarantee you it wasn't at Rayen. The only varsity football game at Rayen between 1983 and 2011 was the Rayen vs Akron East game in 2006
There were a handful of games at South in the 90s. But I have a HARD time believing Canfield agreed to at South. Although those games at South were either Saturday afternoon or Friday 5 PM kickoff
Sometimes the YCS and Youngstown Christian (now Valley Christian I think) would utilize other area stadiums for their home games. I just know one time we played an away game against Chaney in the 90's or 00's not at Stambaugh, unfortunately my memory of the game isn't the greatest, I just recall Chaney did not attempt any FGs, PATs or punts all game. It may have been the game Canfield set the school record with like 7 or 8 FGs in one game.

really good 1st half thus far as expected....chaney has studs on the defensive side of ball...canfield wont see a team like this until late in playoffs...im sure chaney can say the same

Yes Canfield has actually committed more penalties than Chaney I think, a close game so far, was surprised by that safety though I must say

Chaney probably very seldom ever has had 9 points at any point in the game in the past 20 years or so

Congratulations to the Chaney Cowboys and best of luck the rest of the year, maybe there will be a rematch later in the playoffs

To think that people said the chaney coach was moving backwards leaving Boardman for chaney. Looks like he made the correct choice props to him turning chaney around

To think that people said the chaney coach was moving backwards leaving Boardman for chaney. Looks like he made the correct choice props to him turning chaney around
Chaney was pretty tough he ast couple of year. Injuries hurt them last year, or they would ahve been a force. Fitch really struggled with them until their QB got hurt last year.

Chaney was pretty tough he ast couple of year. Injuries hurt them last year, or they would ahve been a force. Fitch really struggled with them until their QB got hurt last year.
Absolutely true, I feel as if they have a better overall head coach and staff now as well

It’s one really good year where they are loaded with talent. This isn’t going to be the norm. He only moved from Boardman because Ytown city created a new Admin position that pays $20k+ more than he could’ve made at Boardman as a gym teacher.

Based on seeing East today vs Boardman, it’s clear Chaney just took all the Ytown city talent and consolidated under 1 Ytown team disguising as D3 school when they really should be playing as a big D2 school bordering on D1. Brings up 2 questions- 1) Does it make sense for athletics to consolidate under 1 team? The #’s for East are terrible and you are just doing a disservice to those kids by treating them as a JV team for Chaney. 2) Does OHSAA consider intra-district moves between HS in their enrollment adjustments?

The Chaney QB was hurt in the opening drive against Fitch last year. The Cowboys didn't score a point. So we're talking about maybe 1 or 2 first downs... If that's "really struggling" with a QB, I have so much to learn about football.

It’s one really good year where they are loaded with talent. This isn’t going to be the norm. He only moved from Boardman because Ytown city created a new Admin position that pays $20k+ more than he could’ve made at Boardman as a gym teacher.

Based on seeing East today vs Boardman, it’s clear Chaney just took all the Ytown city talent and consolidated under 1 Ytown team disguising as D3 school when they really should be playing as a big D2 school bordering on D1. Brings up 2 questions- 1) Does it make sense for athletics to consolidate under 1 team? The #’s for East are terrible and you are just doing a disservice to those kids by treating them as a JV team for Chaney. 2) Does OHSAA consider intra-district moves between HS in their enrollment adjustments?
I’ve heard rumblings of them consolidating as soon as possibly next year, I agree they’re not a d3 school, they’re more D2