Week 4: Elder vs. Lakewood St. Edward

That’s not enough. If his eligibility is still in question, they need to be getting with outside counsel right now. They can’t let themselves or their athlete get screwed like this. It’s wrong and they need to fight back with everything they’ve got at their disposal.

The hypocrisy and draconian nature of the application of these rules is sickening. Want to explain how the Mahaffey kid can transfer from Northwest to Moe and be eligible the entire basketball season? No, bc they can’t do it.

Right. What I’m saying is that’s not Elder’s style. Not even sure getting counsel has anything to do with Elder either. I’m sure Elder helped with the paperwork and possibly appealed the OHSAA decision (don’t know if thats allowed either). I’m thinking going to court would have to be the kid and his parents decision,not Elder.

FREE PBOY!!!

I was told he met one of the transfer rule exceptions. Now I'm hearing he will have to sit out the 2nd half of the season. What a mess.
F that, time to lawyer up. There’s no conceivable way Horton and Verdon met the rules and he doesn’t.

Right. What I’m saying is that’s not Elder’s style. Not even sure getting counsel has anything to do with Elder either. I’m sure Elder helped with the paperwork and possibly appealed the OHSAA decision (don’t know if thats allowed either). I’m thinking going to court would have to be the kid and his parents decision,not Elder.

FREE PBOY!!!
Then, that’s what needs to happen. This is unbelievable bs. Someone get Whitmer in touch with the family. There’s no way this holds up under the scrutiny of a judge.

Last edited:
Then, that’s what needs to happen. This is unbelievable bs.

That’s him and his parents decision. Very believable to me, it is not and never has been Elder or the family of a student athlete at Elder to raise hell (maybe they already have??) or go to court over the eligibility of a transfer.

FREE PBOY!!!

That’s him and his parents decision. Very believable to me, it is not and never has been Elder or the family of a student athlete at Elder to raise hell (maybe they already have??) or go to court over the eligibility of a transfer.

FREE PBOY!!!
Who gives a damn? It’s the right thing to do for the athlete. This is wrong and there’s no justification for this.

Also, an OL (Blevins) transferred from Little Miami to LS this yr and is fully eligible. How TF does any of this make sense? Elder’s getting f’d and they need to pushback hard. This is just flat out wrong. I’m beyond enraged by this.

If they just lie down and get screwed, that’s a disservice to the player and everyone involved in the program. There’s literally no consistent rule that limits Mitchell’s eligibility and allows Horton to play all last yr for LS.

Maybe he didn't qualify for one of the exceptions?

And you should be glad Horton was allowed to play all year for LS last year. :LOL:

Maybe he didn't qualify for one of the exceptions?

And you should be glad Horton was allowed to play all year for LS last year. :LOL:
No, f that. I’m not playing, this is royal bulls**t. There’s no way on earth Horton, Verdon, or Blevins should be eligible an entire yr and this kid isn’t.

No, f that. I’m not playing, this is royal bulls**t. There’s no way on earth Horton, Verdon, or Blevins should be eligible an entire yr and this kid isn’t.

I believe kids should be able to play wherever the hell they go to school regardless of why they're going there. It's none of the OHSAA's damned business why parents and children make their decisions.

I believe kids should be able to play wherever the hell they go to school regardless of why they're going there. It's none of the OHSAA's damned business why parents and children make their decisions.
I don’t disagree at least to a certain extent. The last thing I want is off season Free Agency, which is very real in several other Catholic Leagues in the country.

I think everyone should get one free transfer, but after that, you better have a damn good reason for moving on.

In this case, I’m angry bc it appears the rules are selectively enforced.

Also, an OL (Blevins) transferred from Little Miami to LS this yr and is fully eligible. How TF does any of this make sense? Elder’s getting f’d and they need to pushback hard. This is just flat out wrong. I’m beyond enraged by this.

Read Lasalle thread on main board. They got a lineman transfer from Centerville also, and he does not have to sit out.

Read Lasalle thread on main board. They got a lineman transfer from Centerville also, and he does not have to sit out.
Exactly. Unless they both moved near LS, how are they eligible and Mitchell isn’t? There’s no way this shouldn’t go to court if he’s ruled ineligible.

it appears the rules are selectively enforced.

They're not enforced at all. OHSAA is not an enforcement agency, so it's pretty much up to the schools to be on the up and up.

Unfortunately, we all know what happens when job security, winning at all costs, and losing perspective comes into the conversation. The "up and up" gets blurred.

Schools know there will be no enforcement, so they push the limits. With Elder being so traditional and following the black and white areas of the rules, why does this surprise you?

Three types of schools:

1) Will blatantly cheat and hope they get away with it
2) Will bend the rules and see how much they can get away with
3) Will follow the letter of the law

Elder is #3 - it's simply a risk tolerance factor. It's not surprising they are this based on their traditional and insular culture.

Pboy having a serious meltdown, again because things dont go his way! Pboy never gonna be allowed back to the Pit at this rate!

FREE PBOY!!!

The OHSAA does enforce these rules on occasion,ask Princeton about that.

Princeton knows that the Transfers will be Eligible all year except if they don’t pass class! Don’t think they were busted for violating a transfers eligibility but were for poor acedemics?

FREE PBOY!!!

Princeton knows that the Transfers will be Eligible all year except if they don’t pass class! Don’t think they were busted for violating a transfers eligibility but were for poor acedemics?

FREE PBOY!!!
I thought it had to due with those kids being transfers. I thought I read one of them was an Oak Hills Transfer.

The idea Elder is self regulating themselves without cause is moronic. If there was no potential penalty for him playing, the kid plays.

I thought it had to due with those kids being transfers. I thought I read one of them was an Oak Hills Transfer.

The idea Elder is self regulating themselves without cause is moronic. If there was no potential penalty for him playing, the kid plays.

May have been 1,rest I think we’re all academic issues. Your probably not allowed at the Pit because spouting off at the mouth without knowing if your spewing facts or non sense! The Elder way is what it is and you can’t change it. Crying like a damn 12 yr old!

FREE PBOY/boy!!!

May have been 1,rest I think we’re all academic issues. Your probably not allowed at the Pit because spouting off at the mouth without knowing if your spewing facts or non sense! The Elder way is what it is and you can’t change it. Crying like a damn 12 yr old!

FREE PBOY/boy!!!

WTF are you talking about? I’m 100% on the side of Elder in this situation. They did nothing wrong. I think the OHSAA is majorly screwing Elder and the kid over.

Trey implied Elder would sit this kid for “moral” reasons and that’s not true. If there was no risk of him being ruled ineligible, he would play. It’s stupid to think otherwise

And this kid’s family should seek counsel. He’s a D1 prospect and he’s losing out on at least 5 games of potential highlights to show recruiters. There’s real stakes at play here.

So who, exactly, are you blaming here? One post it seems to be Elder, the next it seems to be OHSAA?

FREE PBOY is becoming a pipedream.

FREE PBOY!!!

Last edited:
I'm not going to go off the deep end like Pboy, but the OHSAA is screwing this athlete if all this is true. I'm holding out hope that maybe someone just wanted to get under Pboy's skin and see a meltdown, but who knows.

According to a post from EHS, there are 13 exemptions to the transfer rule. You'd have to think this kid and the family knew of these rules beforehand, but also that they knew they would have to show proof of one of those 13 exemptions in order for the athlete to continue playing. If not, shame on his former school and shame on Elder for not letting the athlete or family know the rules at hand.

Then again this is all speculation. We'll see if he's in the lineup come Friday 10/4 at St X. Hopefully he is.

It
I'm not going to go off the deep end like Pboy, but the OHSAA is screwing this athlete if all this is true. I'm holding out hope that maybe someone just wanted to get under Pboy's skin and see a meltdown, but who knows.

According to a post from EHS, there are 13 exemptions to the transfer rule. You'd have to think this kid and the family knew of these rules beforehand, but also that they knew they would have to show proof of one of those 13 exemptions in order for the athlete to continue playing. If not, shame on his former school and shame on Elder for not letting the athlete or family know the rules at hand.

Then again this is all speculation. We'll see if he's in the lineup come Friday 10/4 at St X. Hopefully he is.

How could the blatant double standard not upset you if you’re an Elder fan? From the outside, it looks like the OHSAA randomly decides who’s eligible and who isn’t.

He is only a junior and will be fully eligible next season. It's also possible the OHSAA ruled him partially ineligible for the second half meaning he could be eligible for post season.

I think the problem with this case is Walnut Hills is in the same district as Elder?

He is only a junior and will be fully eligible next season. It's also possible the OHSAA ruled him partially ineligible for the second half meaning he could be eligible for post season.

I think the problem with this case is Walnut Hills is in the same district as Elder?

Then how is Altmuehler able to play for Moeller after transferring from Sycamore?

It

How could the blatant double standard not upset you if you’re an Elder fan? From the outside, it looks like the OHSAA randomly decides who’s eligible and who isn’t.
Like I said, I actually agree with you. Unfortunately it isn't up to you or I to challenge the OHSAA's ruling in this specific manner. If it were me, you bet I would be digging into all others who have "met" one of the 13 exemptions. Still, the burden of proof is on the family of the student athlete. Elder is not going to risk forfeiting games this season by playing this kid. Now that doesn't mean they aren't still fighting/appealing it if they find that an exemption is met, they can still grant immediate eligibility.

Like I said, I actually agree with you. Unfortunately it isn't up to you or I to challenge the OHSAA's ruling in this specific manner. If it were me, you bet I would be digging into all others who have "met" one of the 13 exemptions. Still, the burden of proof is on the family of the student athlete. Elder is not going to risk forfeiting games this season by playing this kid. Now that doesn't mean they aren't still fighting/appealing it if they find that an exemption is met, they can still grant immediate eligibility.
I agree. I never implied Elder didn’t do everything possible to help. However, I think now it’s worth taking them to court.

WTF are you talking about? I’m 100% on the side of Elder in this situation. They did nothing wrong. I think the OHSAA is majorly screwing Elder and the kid over.

Trey implied Elder would sit this kid for “moral” reasons and that’s not true. If there was no risk of him being ruled ineligible, he would play. It’s stupid to think otherwise
[/QUOT

We are all with the kid and Elder but that doesn’t mean anything. Your ing like a 12 yr old over something that you have no say in. Reality, not Pboy way is what we have!

FREE PBOY/boy!!!