Week 4: Austintown Fitch (3-0) vs Ursuline (3-0)

The closer we get to this game tonight the more I feel the Falcons might drill my Irish...man I hope I'm wrong. Nothing better than a little pre-game at the Dawn:)

Lots of armchair heroes want to pile on about my running clock comment, which I admit was hasty and ill thought out. However, if you believe that Farrell is just a run of the mill D7 school, then why are we even talking about this game? Fitch is about to play a team that barely squeaked one out against a D7 school.
Who said they are a run of the mill school?

Can't speak for this year's Farrell squad,obviously because ursuline just beat them,but that steeler team from last season wasn't losing to anybody in the Mahoning valley,sorry
I highly doubt that, if they played (at full strength) Fitch, Harding, Ursuline, South Range, Canfield all in a row I am pretty sure they would lose at least once if not more

I highly doubt that, if they played (at full strength) Fitch, Harding, Ursuline, South Range, Canfield all in a row I am pretty sure they would lose at least once if not more
Agreed. Farrell is D6/D7 equivalent in a very average District 10 of PA (not the WPIAL/D7). It’s a very nice program but they literally play no one all year until rd 3 of playoffs. Little different than playing d2-3 Canfield, Fitch, Harding, Boardman, Ursuline, etc. They are playing the equivalent of Matthews, McDonald, Leetonia, etc type teams most weeks.

Fitch is really good. Ursuline just made too many mistakes. Best wishes to Fitch the rest of the way. They have a chance to go far.

When you have a solid run game that’s how you go at Ursuline. Fitch is loaded at RB and that’s the issue with Ursuline they can’t stop somebody that’s elite like Fitch. I’m sure they’ll put it together but chardon is going to run for 400 as it stands

Congratulations Fitch on a great game. Their DL was extremely impressive. They have a ton of size and speed. I think they proved tonight they are the best team in the area. Best of luck the rest of the way!

The Irish have to regroup and get back on track next week at Mollenkopf.