Week 4: Austintown Fitch (3-0) vs Ursuline (3-0)

Cinciirish

Does anyone know the series record between these rivals? Ursuline's 1st ever home game was against the Falcons in 1932 at Idora Park.

Attachments

• Fitch 1.jpg
    Fitch 1.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Fitch 2 (2).jpg
    Fitch 2 (2).jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Does anyone know the series record between these rivals? Ursuline's 1st ever home game was against the Falcons in 1932 at Idora Park.

I believe it stands at 21-19-1 Irish. The tie being the aforementioned 1932 game.

Then why did you ask me? Besides your thread is about the history of the series between the two. Not the up coming game. The mods will delete this thread if they find it necessary. I don't mind. You have a happy and safe holiday
My thread was about everything Fitch & Ursuline.

Ursuline has looked good in most of their games, but giving up 38 to Farrell does not say much for their defense. I don't know how good Farrell is, but they are a very small school. However, they do have a great mascot name.

I don't think Ursuline stands a chance. Austintown's defense is going to be something the Irish haven't seen this season, and won't want to see again.
I disagree. Ursuline has a lot of good talent and a good coach. They will be ready. I give the edge to Fitch because I think our defense is better, but we have not encountered an offense like Ursuline's. This is going to be a really tough game.

I could be wrong, I know farrell has some studs offensively, but they did whatever they wanted for the most part against Ursuline, the Fitch backfield will be a handful to handle. Maybe Ursuline had an off game, but I think Fitch wins this one by 2 scores

Ursuline has looked good in most of their games, but giving up 38 to Farrell does not say much for their defense. I don't know how good Farrell is, but they are a very small school. However, they do have a great mascot name.
They do get some very good players from Sharon, and with so many rentals in that area it’s very easily to move.

what I don’t understand is, PA moves teams up for success to higher divisions, shouldn’t Ursuline get that credit that farrell plays above their enrollment in division class in the playoffs?

Playing in AA playoffs is basically D6 since they’re not the smallest Division, I’m sure @Sykotyk has a way better understanding on how their competitive balance works

They do get some very good players from Sharon, and with so many rentals in that area it’s very easily to move.

what I don’t understand is, PA moves teams up for success to higher divisions, shouldn’t Ursuline get that credit that farrell plays above their enrollment in division class in the playoffs?

Playing in AA playoffs is basically D6 since they’re not the smallest Division, I’m sure @Sykotyk has a way better understanding on how their competitive balance works
Until this year, PA would move a team up via success points (titles, semifinals, etc) and having transfers on the team. However this year is just success factor. Number of transfers doesn't matter. Farrell has a title and a semifinal appearance in the last two years.

They are though one of the smallest public schools in the state. Their male enrollment 9-11 is only 74 (only 58 females as well). And yes very easy to get into Farrell's district. Housing is cheap ever since Sharon Steel closed years ago and put the town through a slump for decades.

I could be wrong, I know farrell has some studs offensively, but they did whatever they wanted for the most part against Ursuline, the Fitch backfield will be a handful to handle. Maybe Ursuline had an off game, but I think Fitch wins this one by 2 scores
I personally don't think Ursuline had an off night. I think Farrell just had that level of athlete that can give most teams fits. But it did show Ursuline still has the same issues on D from last year. Difficulty stopping offensive playmaker. Which Fitch is loaded with

Until this year, PA would move a team up via success points (titles, semifinals, etc) and having transfers on the team. However this year is just success factor. Number of transfers doesn't matter. Farrell has a title and a semifinal appearance in the last two years.

They are though one of the smallest public schools in the state. Their male enrollment 9-11 is only 74 (only 58 females as well). And yes very easy to get into Farrell's district. Housing is cheap ever since Sharon Steel closed years ago and put the town through a slump for decades.
Thanks for the clarification, I knew there were a couple schools throughout the state that took it to court

Both teams very very good. Fitch no doubt favorited here. However, Ursuline type team can bring it on to bigger schools and win out. Ursuline in stunning upset over Fitch 26-24.

Have to give Fitch the slight edge in this one as I think they may be a bit more solid on both sides of the football at the moment. Last year's game had a sensational finish with Ursuline blocking a last second Fitch FG to win 48-47. I expect this year's contest to be a dandy as well.

Go Irish!

I don't know about stunning but OK... as someone earlier said the key match up will b the Irish ol vs the falcons dl...I do think fitch is better overall but we shall see. Go Irish!

According to the Vindy, Reardon knew that Farrell had the potential to beat his team. The outcome was no surprise to the Irish coaching staff. But Fitch is a horse of another color. The Falcons are right up there with the likes of St. X, Iggy, St. Ed's, Big Red, Elder, etc. who face a great challenge year in and year out in filling a schedule. That speaks spades. (One year, a while back, Fitch played St. Edward twice.)