Week 3...

cincysports4

More like Week 2, but based on schedules on conference websites, it is considered week 3. Tried to get the better games... Predictions? Thoughts?

Monday:
Bellbrook at Beavercreek 7pm

Tuesday:
Badin at Mercy McAuley 6pm
Springboro at Lakota East 715pm
Milford at Lebanon 7pm
Anderson at Loveland 7pm
Turpin at Walnut Hills 7pm
Little Miami at West Clermont 7pm
CCD at McNicholas 7pm
Ursuline Academy at Lakota West 7pm
Sycamore at St. Ursula 7pm
Seton at Fairfield 715pm
Indian Hill at Monroe

Thursday:
CCD at Mercy McAuley 530pm
Springboro at Alter 7pm
Summit at Lebanon 7pm
Anderson at Lakota East 715pm
Milford at Sycamore 715pm
Ursuline Academy at Oak Hills 715pm
Oakwood at Monroe.

Saturday:
Roger Bacon at Madeira 1130am
Lakota West at New Albany 12pm
Mercy McAuley at Little Miami 12pm
Upper Arlington at Mason 2pm
Summit at McNicholas 215pm
Loveland at Brownsburg (IN) 230pm
Lakota East at Zionsville (IN) 230pm
Centerville at Walsh Jesuit 3pm
Oak Hills at Miamisburg 715pm
Beavercreek at Milford 730pm

Last edited:

Beavercreek 6
Bellbrook 2

Weird Scoreline.
Agreed. Creek's offense appears to have improved from last year despite graduating a couple D1 commits. They did get back one of their star midfielders that missed last season. Remains to be seen how their D holds up down the stretch.

For tonight's games:

Badin 2 at Mercy McAuley 1
Springboro 0 at Lakota East 1
Milford 3
at Lebanon 0
Anderson 0 at Loveland 2
Turpin 2
at Walnut Hills 1
Little Miami 2 at West Clermont 0
CCD 2 at McNicholas 1
Ursuline Academy 0 at Lakota West 1
Sycamore 0 at St. Ursula 6
Seton 3
at Fairfield 1
Indian Hill 1 at Monroe 2

Total shot in the dark on some of these with little to look at this year.

Last edited:
Springboro 3
Lakota East 1

Milford 3
Lebanon 0 ** Nailed it!

Anderson 0
Loveland 2 ** Nailed it again! 😎

Little Miami 1
West Clermont 3

CCD 4
McNicholas 0

Ursuline Academy 1
Lakota West 3

Sycamore 0
St. Ursula 6 ** What a call! Am I good, or am I good? 🤑💰

Seton 9
Fairfield 2

@Empty CUP mentioned it would be a "small rebuilding year" for them, but 6-0? Ouch.
Losing their Murphy, Dewey and O'Brien was catastrophic for the Warriors. Dewey in the net won them many and kept them in many more. Losing Murphy in the middle creates chaos for the girls because she was able to hold and advance the ball often drawing double teams, giving the D time to organize and O'Brien was a huge part of that as well. Not the scorer Mini Murph was but she created and advanced. They are well coached so hopefully he figures it out.

D2 Another big win for Monroe. They could be the biggest threat in D2 along with Summit who is really a small D3 sized school that just beat D1 Lebanon.

D1 the GMC is just so bad outside of talented Oak Hills. I just saw Hamilton lost 11-1 to Miamisburg, they have given up 29 goals in 4 games. Sycamore 14 in 3 games and Fairfield 11 in 2 games. Scheduling games against the GMC is now like scheduling games against the SBAAC or MVC Grey.

Oak hills 3
UA 0

This game was a lot closer than the score. It was 0-0 at the half. UA had a few chances to take the lead in the first half and couldn't capitalize. Same with OH. Pennekamp was held scoreless until a garbage goal at the end of the game. Kudos to the Oak Hills coach for the half time adjustments. UA's coach never countered. Kuerze broke open the score about 10 minutes into the second half.

On a side note Refs never had control of this game. There were several what I felt were cardable offenses committed by Oak Hills in the game. Including taking UA's keeper out at least once. And not normal ball battle stuff. Like them actually running over the keeper after a play was over. During the final minutes one of their mids stood over the keeper and taunted after the keeper had made a stop. She got a yellow but it didnt matter as it was the last minute. Its a very bad look and disappointing for a team that is expected to be one of the top 3-5 teams in the City.

I have now seen many of the big HS teams. Oak Hills is probably the 3rd best team in the city. But I dont think they are close to Milford and MND. Ursuline is a team that struggles to score points and has its issues. Only 1 goal in 2.5 games. They were very able to hang for 60mins with them.

This game was a lot closer than the score. It was 0-0 at the half. UA had a few chances to take the lead in the first half and couldn't capitalize. Same with OH. Pennekamp was held scoreless until a garbage goal at the end of the game. Kudos to the Oak Hills coach for the half time adjustments. UA's coach never countered. Kuerze broke open the score about 10 minutes into the second half.

On a side note Refs never had control of this game. There were several what I felt were cardable offenses committed by Oak Hills in the game. Including taking UA's keeper out at least once. And not normal ball battle stuff. Like them actually running over the keeper after a play was over. During the final minutes one of their mids stood over the keeper and taunted after the keeper had made a stop. She got a yellow but it didnt matter as it was the last minute. Its a very bad look and disappointing for a team that is expected to be one of the top 3-5 teams in the City.

I have now seen many of the big HS teams. Oak Hills is probably the 3rd best team in the city. But I dont think they are close to Milford and MND. Ursuline is a team that struggles to score points and has its issues. Only 1 goal in 2.5 games. They were very able to hang for 60mins with them.
We must have watched very different games. Your own player took out the keeper.

We must have watched very different games. Your own player took out the keeper.

UA had barely any shots on the goal so I dont know what your referencing. And I dont believe it ever happened from what I saw/remember. So my own player didnt take anyone out because I dont have a player. But thanks for playing....

UA had barely any shots on the goal so I dont know what your referencing. And I dont believe it ever happened from what I saw/remember. So my own player didnt take anyone out because I dont have a player. But thanks for playing....

referring to your claim that an oak hills player took out the UA keeper. I only saw one instance where this may be what you’re talking about. Second half- and It was an UA who ran over the UA keeper. Not an oak hills player. It was a good game and physical at times. Not sure why you’re trying to describe it as some dirty play by OH. Wasn’t even close. But whatever you think ….. good game UA.

also. The yellow card was not for taunting. If was for dissent to the official. Just to clear that up. There wasn’t any taunting.

Last edited:
Excellent matchups for Saturday:

Roger Bacon at Madeira 1130am
Lakota West at New Albany 12pm
Mercy McAuley at Little Miami 12pm
Upper Arlington at Mason 2pm
Summit at McNicholas 215pm
Loveland at Brownsburg (IN) 230pm
Lakota East at Zionsville (IN) 230pm
Centerville at Walsh Jesuit 3pm
Oak Hills at Miamisburg 715pm
Beavercreek at Milford 730pm