Week 3: Tipp AT Milton

Status
Not open for further replies.

This prob shouldn't be a thread. Unless it was "does Tipp win by 40 or by 50". This game isn't fair anymore, Tipp is much Bigger than Milton and it is a mistake to continue the series.
Tipp 49 Milton 3

Don't get me wrong, Milton should have a good team this year, probably compete for the playoffs, and have a very expierenced and pretty big d line. But Tipp is really good this year.

Both teams are 2-0. Winner gets great computer points this year as both teams will win at least 7 games. Should be a great crowd and good game!

Milton's focus needs to be on staying healthy and running the clock. Several times over the years of playing Tipp, key players have gotten banged up and it has affected the rest of the season, the coaches cannot let this happen this year. I feel Milton, and no one will agree with me accept maybe the players, that Milton has a chance at 7-3 or maybe 8-2. Our offense can score on anyone with the speed on that side of the ball, all they need is some breaks on defense(turnovers, penalities, dropped passes, etc.)

Well, the Dogs competed with Tipp but Tipp was just to much. You may not believe in Milton yet but after the next few weeks you will, they are improving. I was really glad to see more kids getting in varsity action, cannot wait to see what the season brings.

All of the Tipp posts on here prove one thing, Tipp loves being the big fish in a little pond. Next year when they join the GWOC they'll get the treatment that Milton has received for the past several years.
Now relish in your win over a school half your size.
Based on the posts, MU scored pretty well. This Tipp team isn't that good and they better hope that Prall doesn't get hurt.
Go Dogs

Last edited:
All of the Tipp posts on here prove one thing, Tipp loves being the big fish in a little pond. Next year when they join the GWOC they'll get the treatment that Milton has received for the past several years.
Based on the posts, MU scored pretty well. This Tipp team isn't that good and they better hope that Prall doesn't get hurt.
Go Dogs

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::Ohno::Ohno::Ohno:

Go Dogs

Since when was scoring 12 points scoring pretty well? This Tipp team isn't that good, lol, I mean if you watched the same game I did, Tipp had what near 20 penalties and 2 touchdowns called back? I think it was pretty obvious that game should have been wayyy more out of hand then 35-12. Which is still not a close game bud, plus, I had been saying that the game shouldn't have been continued Bc of the size difference. And also, Prall scored just one touchdown ? How bout Cameron Gibbs who actually leads the team in rushing this season?

According to a few sources, it looks like Milton has contacted Tipps AD to cancel the series effective next year.

Great, should have ended when Tipp became double our size. Anxious to see how good Tipp is when they start league play. How has Tipp done in the playoffs? I know they are always good regular season. How far have they gone in the playoffs. Milton has been to the regional finals twice, losing once to the state champs and the other, the coaches are still kicking themselves because it was a winnable game.

Great, should have ended when Tipp became double our size. Anxious to see how good Tipp is when they start league play. How has Tipp done in the playoffs? I know they are always good regular season. How far have they gone in the playoffs. Milton has been to the regional finals twice, losing once to the state champs and the other, the coaches are still kicking themselves because it was a winnable game.

Ignore Tippisgreat. He's a kid or if not he's making the whole program look bad on here. As for the playoffs I believe they've only won five games in all the years they've been so “great”

Ignore Tippisgreat. He's a kid or if not he's making the whole program look bad on here. As for the playoffs I believe they've only won five games in all the years they've been so “great”

Thanks, kind of what I thought. Tipp has done well in their league, but other than that what have they really done?

Since when was scoring 12 points scoring pretty well? This Tipp team isn't that good, lol, I mean if you watched the same game I did, Tipp had what near 20 penalties and 2 touchdowns called back? I think it was pretty obvious that game should have been wayyy more out of hand then 35-12. Which is still not a close game bud, plus, I had been saying that the game shouldn't have been continued Bc of the size difference. And also, Prall scored just one touchdown ? How bout Cameron Gibbs who actually leads the team in rushing this season?

Bottom line is after giving up 28 points the Dogs did not cave in and kept playing. So if you look at it that way Milton won the final 2 and half quarters 12-7, something to build on for the rest of the season.

Bottom line is after giving up 28 points the Dogs did not cave in and kept playing. So if you look at it that way Milton won the final 2 and half quarters 12-7, something to build on for the rest of the season.

I will start this out saying this is the best Milton team I have seen you guys have since Mitchell Evans was the QB/DB. Bigger faster and stronger than the past few years.

I am also glad this game will not continue. No need to play down in schedule. Not really gaining anything out of it.

Yeah great way to keep score that you won 12 - 7 in the last 2 and a half quarters against mostly JV players in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. What does that get you? Did everyone get their participation ribbons after the game to? Come on man!:thumb:

Weather conditions had a large factor as Tipp kept the play calling fairly conservative. Clear dry night score would have been way worse.

Plus the Homer refs kept the game closer than it should have been! :party:

There is no one on Yappi that speaks for any program. If you want a program perspective, contact the coach or AD directly. Don't go to Yappi as your source of information.

I will start this out saying this is the best Milton team I have seen you guys have since Mitchell Evans was the QB/DB. Bigger faster and stronger than the past few years.

I am also glad this game will not continue. No need to play down in schedule. Not really gaining anything out of it.

Yeah great way to keep score that you won 12 - 7 in the last 2 and a half quarters against mostly JV players in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. What does that get you? Did everyone get their participation ribbons after the game to? Come on man!:thumb:

Weather conditions had a large factor as Tipp kept the play calling fairly conservative. Clear dry night score would have been way worse.

Funny, what JV players would that be: #4 who played the whole game and scored the last touchdown in the 4th, or 36 who also played the whole game and was still getting carries late in the 4th, or 52 that was still making tackles late in the game who also played the whole game. Bottom line, Tipp may have had some JV players in but their best players were still in late in the game. Milton did not quit and did win the last 2 and a half quarters, the refs called the game to the best of their ability making bad calls or good calls against both teams. #4 should have been called for taunting on his last TD but for some reason the refs did not throw the flag.

I will be glad to see this series end, Koogler likes it for some reason but it has not been good for the program at all.

You're right about #4. Should have been flagged for taunting in that one and probably six other times this season. Got one in week one but no other official has had the courage to do it since. Can't believe that Brown would want a kid with that kind of attitude. Talented, yes, but showboating is too much!!! Not what I would want to see in a player!!!

Tipp shouldn't lose a game. The CBC Kenton is far down. They're the heavy favorite. Stebbins may be a threat, but I can't tell if they're much better than recent years going off of the three teams they've beat. Tipp should easily beat the other four teams (and probably Stebbins). Ben Logan and Indian Lake may give Tipp a good game the next two weeks, but there's no reason Tipp shouldn't win by 2+ TDs by the end of it.

I really don't see Tipp losing.

You're right about #4. Should have been flagged for taunting in that one and probably six other times this season. Got one in week one but no other official has had the courage to do it since. Can't believe that Brown would want a kid with that kind of attitude. Talented, yes, but showboating is too much!!! Not what I would want to see in a player!!!

Coaches are afraid to do anything to their star players, back in the day he would have been on the bench until his attitude changed. Most officials are going to make obvious calls but if they are unsure they will keep the flag in their pocket. On that last touchdown it was clearly taunting and should have been flagged.

Coaches are afraid to do anything to their star players, back in the day he would have been on the bench until his attitude changed. Most officials are going to make obvious calls but if they are unsure they will keep the flag in their pocket. On that last touchdown it was clearly taunting and should have been flagged.

He put his hand up in the air and that is clearly taunting ? You really think he is the only player on that field, both teams that make gestures ? Do you get made when Ezekiel Elliot scores and does the eating celebration ? I bet not.

I expect Tipp to now try and start up a series with Bethel. Tipp loves to play all the really small schools that neighbor them. :thumb:

They will also start a series up in Troy. Not against the Trojans, but against Troy Christian.

He put his hand up in the air and that is clearly taunting ? You really think he is the only player on that field, both teams that make gestures ? Do you get made when Ezekiel Elliot scores and does the eating celebration ? I bet not.
First, we are talking about high school football and not college. Second, I did not even see him put his hand in the air, I was referring to how he slowed down running sideways high stepping taunting the Milton defender that was close to him, clearly taunting, he should have just run it in.

The best team since 2006? LOL, you must not have been at too many then. The series wasn't played in 07-08 and in 09 we had a decent team. The 11-12 teams were both very good teams with the 2012 team going to the Region finals and losing to Clinton Massie. This team is still maturing and doing that against opponents that Tipp won't even touch. You know playing up two divisions?
Koogler isn't canceling this series...unless someone above him said to. Tipp has always been full of jerks, even back when we used to pimp slap them every year.
This thread is closed as of now. The game is over. Move on to your next opponent, I think it's another smaller school. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.