Week 3: St. X

As usual.. You are wrong.

If a player gets sucker punched and that player retaliated in the same way (or by what's described in the rule), he is gulity of fighting.
As usual you miss the point. The intent is to cut down on legitimate brawls, not have players miss multiple games for something that’s not even as bad as a stiff arm. I don’t know if you can do it now, but coaches used to grab their own players by the facemask more aggressively than this. If you want to toss him & suspend for 1 game, I get it. But 2 full games for a little shove to the facemask?

Last edited:
You pulled the intent of this change right out of thin air. The increase of individual players involved in fighting (as defined by rule) got to the point across every sport that it forced the powers that be into this change. Just under 80% of all ejections comprise of participants fighting. The vast majority of that 80% involving 2 or less participants.

With regards to the player in question, apparently the video provided to the OHSAA show much more than a little shove to the facemask.

But you just keep on telling people what the facts are from your vantage point outside the fence.

Last edited:
You pulled the intent of this change right out of thin air. The increase of individual players involved in fighting (as defined by rule) got to the point across every sport that it forced the powers that be into this change. Just under 80% of all ejections comprise of participants fighting. The vast majority of that 80% involving 2 or less participants.

With regards to the player in question, apparently the video provided to the OHSAA show much more than a little shove to the facemask.

But you just keep on telling people what the facts are from your vantage point outside the fence.
Look at the fights that got kids tossed vs this. I’d wager the vast majority are far more violent in nature than this. If anyone thinks a shove to the facemask warrants a 2 game suspension, Football is not a sport they should be involved in.

Many people are thankful that Pboys vantage point is outside the fence?. Team that plays the best Defense will win Friday.

Some information on St. Xavier from the X board by Reload. There could be some changes since this is from week 1. I know the TE Klare is out.

Bomber Offense
QB #15 Brogan McCaughey Jr. 6'0” 185lb / #18 Max Klare Jr. 6’4” 210lb
RB #20 Charles Kellom Jr. 6'0" 183lb / #23 Chase Eary Jr. 5'10" 185lb / #31 Luke Vrsansky Jr. 5'8” 160lb
TE #18 Max Klare Jr. 6’4” 210lb / #49 Jack McGinnis Sr. 6’4” 201lb / #88 Joey Wassler So. 6’4” 198lb / #85 Cade Czarnecki Jr. 6’3” 195lb
WR #2 Liam Clifford Sr. 6’2” 190lb / #5 Lucas Cates Sr. 6'1” 180lb
WR #7 Jalen Patterson Sr. 6’1” 193lb / #13 Ryan Nolan Jr. 6’3” 182lb
Slot Receiver #8 Terrell McFarlin Jr. 6'0" 177lb
LT #74 Cameron Collins Jr. 6’4” 260lb / #62 Jack Larsen Jr. 6'2" 270lb
LG #77 Jack Renneker Jr. 6'2” 251lb / #63 Kyle Lamping Jr. 6'1" 221lb
C #75 Brian Parker Jr. 6'5” 276lb / #64 Jordan Ruther Jr. 6’1” 226lb
RG #79 Brody Koch Jr. 6’2” 250lb / #52 Rob Stineman Jr. 6'2" 242lb
RT #71 Jack Wassler Sr. 6’7” 270lb / #66 Evan Fleetwood Jr. 6'3" 215lb
PK #21 Mason Rohmiller Jr. 6’1” 155lb

Bomber Defense
LE #89 Michael Whitehouse Sr. 6'4” 227lb / #46 Tom Nayak Sr. 6’1” 203lb
NG #96 Gio Albanese Sr. 6’0” 278lb / #98 Nick Uhl Jr. 6'0" 215lb / #97 Braylon Adams So. 6'0" 268lb
RE #91 Sam Buerkle Jr. 6'4” 246lb / #95 J.J. Dollenmeyer So. 6'4" 235lb
OLB (Will) #43 Grant Lyons Jr. 6’2” 220lb
ILB (Sam) #9 Matt Devine Sr. 6’0” 220lb
OLB (Jet) #48 Sean Reilly Jr. 6’1” 202lb / #45 Sam Kiessling Sr. 6’3” 195lb
FS #6 Gabe DuBois Sr. 5'9” 165lb / #24 Max Bonner So. 6’0 190lb
Adj #3 Andrew Britt Sr. 5’11” 154lb
SS #4 Eli Kirk Jr. 6'0” 184lb / #11 Marque Cummings Jr. 6'1" 205lb
CB #14 Alex Kemper Jr. 5'11" 161lb / #17 Amare Leslie Jr. 5’10” 155lb
CB #19 Josh Anderson Jr. 6'0” 171lb
P #18 Max Klare Jr. 6’4” 210lb

Wrong again.

One swing and a miss is an automatic ejection. (which happens a lot)
That wasn’t even a swing, it was a shove. And if he gets tossed, fine, but if anyone thinks that warrants a 2 game suspension in the middle of a shortened season, you’re wrong.

Some information on St. Xavier from the X board by Reload. There could be some changes since this is from week 1. I know the TE Klare is out.

Bomber Offense
QB #15 Brogan McCaughey Jr. 6'0” 185lb / #18 Max Klare Jr. 6’4” 210lb
RB #20 Charles Kellom Jr. 6'0" 183lb / #23 Chase Eary Jr. 5'10" 185lb / #31 Luke Vrsansky Jr. 5'8” 160lb
TE #18 Max Klare Jr. 6’4” 210lb / #49 Jack McGinnis Sr. 6’4” 201lb / #88 Joey Wassler So. 6’4” 198lb / #85 Cade Czarnecki Jr. 6’3” 195lb
WR #2 Liam Clifford Sr. 6’2” 190lb / #5 Lucas Cates Sr. 6'1” 180lb
WR #7 Jalen Patterson Sr. 6’1” 193lb / #13 Ryan Nolan Jr. 6’3” 182lb
Slot Receiver #8 Terrell McFarlin Jr. 6'0" 177lb
LT #74 Cameron Collins Jr. 6’4” 260lb / #62 Jack Larsen Jr. 6'2" 270lb
LG #77 Jack Renneker Jr. 6'2” 251lb / #63 Kyle Lamping Jr. 6'1" 221lb
C #75 Brian Parker Jr. 6'5” 276lb / #64 Jordan Ruther Jr. 6’1” 226lb
RG #79 Brody Koch Jr. 6’2” 250lb / #52 Rob Stineman Jr. 6'2" 242lb
RT #71 Jack Wassler Sr. 6’7” 270lb / #66 Evan Fleetwood Jr. 6'3" 215lb
PK #21 Mason Rohmiller Jr. 6’1” 155lb

Bomber Defense
LE #89 Michael Whitehouse Sr. 6'4” 227lb / #46 Tom Nayak Sr. 6’1” 203lb
NG #96 Gio Albanese Sr. 6’0” 278lb / #98 Nick Uhl Jr. 6'0" 215lb / #97 Braylon Adams So. 6'0" 268lb
RE #91 Sam Buerkle Jr. 6'4” 246lb / #95 J.J. Dollenmeyer So. 6'4" 235lb
OLB (Will) #43 Grant Lyons Jr. 6’2” 220lb
ILB (Sam) #9 Matt Devine Sr. 6’0” 220lb
OLB (Jet) #48 Sean Reilly Jr. 6’1” 202lb / #45 Sam Kiessling Sr. 6’3” 195lb
FS #6 Gabe DuBois Sr. 5'9” 165lb / #24 Max Bonner So. 6’0 190lb
Adj #3 Andrew Britt Sr. 5’11” 154lb
SS #4 Eli Kirk Jr. 6'0” 184lb / #11 Marque Cummings Jr. 6'1" 205lb
CB #14 Alex Kemper Jr. 5'11" 161lb / #17 Amare Leslie Jr. 5’10” 155lb
CB #19 Josh Anderson Jr. 6'0” 171lb
P #18 Max Klare Jr. 6’4” 210lb

Albanese & Devine have been excellent vs the run in their first 2 games. Elder’s interior OL is going to have trouble with Albanese. Kirk is their lockdown Cover guy.

Thomas being out leaves Elder exposed big time. X will do everything possible to get Clifford isolated one on one, whether it’s vs Miller or Thomas’ replacement doesn’t matter.

X’s Run game also looked vastly improved last week vs A front 7 comparable to Elder’s. I thought this might be a tossup, but looking at the matchups, X has to be favored

Albanese & Devine have been excellent vs the run in their first 2 games. Elder’s interior OL is going to have trouble with Albanese. Kirk is their lockdown Cover guy.

From what I saw, the strength of the X defense was Devine and the other 2 LBs along with Albanese and the other 2 DL. Running yards will be hard to earn Friday. I think Elder can pass on them with their taller receivers. X will bring a lot of pressure. Hambleton will have to make quick reads.

Devine is the player to watch for Elder fans.

I'm sure you saw it live from the field in addition to all the video that was reviewed in Columbus.
Look at his arm angle. It’s straight into the facemask. If he took a legitimate swing, it would probably be at angle to the right or left depending on what his dominant hand is.

Thomas being out leaves Elder exposed big time. X will do everything possible to get Clifford isolated one on one, whether it’s vs Miller or Thomas’ replacement doesn’t matter.

X’s Run game also looked vastly improved last week vs A front 7 comparable to Elder’s. I thought this might be a tossup, but looking at the matchups, X has to be favored

I would favor X, but I do like that X is coming off 2 hard fought games where Elder is coming off an easy game. There has to be a little bit of a letdown for X where Elder has recovered quicker and ready to go. I would still favor X slightly 31-24.

Clifford will get his catches and have a big game, but Elder will need to do a good job stopping the run. McCaughey won't run much, but Kellom and Vransky combined for 184 yards rushing against Lasalle. Elder defense will have their hands full against a big offensive line that open up holes for Kellom/Vransky, and then have to worry about Clifford.

This game could determine the #1 seed in Region 4, and a share of the GCL South title is up for grabs. Elder hasn't had a GCL title or share since 2015. X hasn't since 2017.

The GMC will block vote and Id bet the likely #1 seed is Lakota West

Elder St X winner should be top 4 but neither will be #1, neither team has the votes. Loser of this game 5 or 6

There is a lot of respect for the GCL schools. I don't think you will see total homerism. Yes, an undefeated GMC team such as Lakota West will likely get the #1 over a 1 loss GCL team. There will be other teams outside of GMC voting anyway. It's hard to say what other Dayton teams will be in the region to vote for a GCL team.
We’ll see, but that doesn’t matter right now. Elder needs to be focused on X.

Don't worry there, Omar....they are focused, trust me
I don’t doubt it. However, if the Defense doesn’t show marked improvement from the first 2 games, I can’t see them winning. X’s D will be vastly better than LS or FC, Kirk might be a better HS DB than any of LS’s D1 players. That’s not a slam, he doesn’t have their talent, but he appears to be more fundamentally sound. This will also be the first time the Elder OL, who has been excellent up to this point, will face a real challenge.

All that said, Elder still has the most dynamic player bw the 2 teams in Ramsey. As we’ve seen, X struggles with mobile QBs, and while Hambleton is way more athletic than he gets credit for, he’s not the dual threat Ramsey is at QB.

Again, all of the talk about seeding doesn’t matter much of Elder doesn’t win. I think they’re going to have to double Clifford to keep from getting beat deep. They’ll have to keep everything in front of them. If that means getting beat by the run game or Patterson on shallow crossing routes, so be it.

I’m hoping to see the talk go back to the actual game, I know I added to the distraction but that was only to try and put the suspension talk to rest. Key to this game for Elder will be stopping the run, Can the do that without committing DB’s is the question. Most of X’s passing Game are pre snap reads and that is much easier when a DB has to be brought into the box to stop the run. For X the key will be patients, if Ramsey is QB no blitzing, Ramsey runs between tackle and X’s front 6 match up well and Ramsey is a great player, but not any more so the Branan. With Hambleton at QB bring pressure and force short quick passes.

The point is people in this thread are getting more focused on potential playoff seeding than the actual game. We can argue all about who deserves a 1 seed more, 1 loss Elder vs unbeaten GMC, but that’s irrelevant if Elder loses tomorrow.
Well you whined about Thomas missing this game for well over a page in this thread. Someone brought up seeding and GMC blocking GCL schools, so it was relevant in that regard.

I think X wins this game by a couple scores if I'm being honest. I wasn't very impressed with them against the team from Indiana - their offense looked better than I thought they would, but their defense was getting gashed by the run game. Then last week X shuts down LaSalle. If Elder can't get a semblance of running game going, then you could see a repeat of '16 when they got behind, turned one dimensional and lost 31-7.

Well you whined about Thomas missing this game for well over a page in this thread. Someone brought up seeding and GMC blocking GCL schools, so it was relevant in that regard.

I think X wins this game by a couple scores if I'm being honest. I wasn't very impressed with them against the team from Indiana - their offense looked better than I thought they would, but their defense was getting gashed by the run game. Then last week X shuts down LaSalle. If Elder can't get a semblance of running game going, then you could see a repeat of '16 when they got behind, turned one dimensional and lost 31-7.

Keep in mind, Elder was down to their 3rd string RB that game. And I know it’s early, but this current OL looks a lot better than that OL, which struggled a lot that season.

However, that Elder Defense was far better than this current iteration. And I talked about the loss of Thomas bc it’s a big friggin deal. He can cover Clifford in Man, nobody else can. Elder is going to have to change their entire game plan due to his absence.

Last edited:
I disagree, I'm not sure anyone can guard Clifford man 1v1 without some sort of safety help. He's a good route runner and has deceptive speed. I'm not discrediting Thomas' ability either, because he's Elder's best cover CB but sometimes good offense beats good defense.

I disagree, I'm not sure anyone can guard Clifford man 1v1 without some sort of safety help. He's a good route runner and has deceptive speed. I'm not discrediting Thomas' ability either, because he's Elder's best cover CB but sometimes good offense beats good defense.

Didn’t Thomas cover him last yr? Regardless, it’s a big advantage if your Safety doesn’t have to cover more of the field.

The Pass rush has actually been decent from the DL. I can’t remember if it was last yr or 2 yrs ago where it took Elder 4-5 games before they registered a sack. They already picked up a few this season. Where they’re struggling is in the run game. They still got gashed last week and while FC’s RB is a solid player, that’s probably the smallest OL they’ll see all yr.

Last yr the staff was able to make some huge adjustments after the Eds game and it altered the entire season. Elder doesn’t make that run last yr without the stellar play from the Defense starting Week 5. I know they’re not miracle workers, they can’t snap their fingers and a kid suddenly adds 30 lbs and 3 inches in height. I only hope there’s some way they can figure out how to stop the run a little bit more effectively.

I would agree that Thomas wouldn’t guard Clifford man, someone would have to be over the top. Where it does hurt is Thomas could lock down just about anyone else leaving the double of Clifford not such a big deal

Last year they held Clifford to 87 yards receiving in both the regular season game and the playoff game.