Week 3 Shaw at Hubbard

sportster4321

Shaw comes into this game 2-0 off two Senate league blowouts. Hubbard is 1-1 coming off a overtime win vs Howland(never should have gotten to that point). It's hard to gauge how good Shaw actually is. Beating Collinwood and Cleveland JFK (51-0 week one loss to East Liverpool) is similar to beating Jefferson and Edgewood in the AAC. Hopefully the Eagles come out ready to battle. Need to get the running game in full swing this week.

FYI (not directed at you, sportster)
EAST CLEVELAND SHAW is not a member of the Senate League.
They just scheduled two Senate League members.
They are a member of the Lake Erie League and are not located in Cleveland.
They are the only public school in EAST Cleveland.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_5062 Sep. 08 11.50.jpg
    ScreenHunter_5062 Sep. 08 11.50.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 5
Also need to throw the ball better to take some pressure off the running attack.
Both opponents played 10 in the box within 7 yards of LOS, most of the game.
It actually was a tribute to our backs to gain the yards we did on the ground.

Absolutely agree with you Roberto. Any kind of passing game beyond screen passes could take the offense to the next level. Not a fan of rolling Resatar out to his left as much as he has. Tough throwing across your body.

Last edited:
By the sounds of it, Hoffman isn’t using resatar to his ability, let him
Drop back and if nothing is there let him take off

2 more days. Watched some video on Shaw. Lines are very small but definitely have some speed. Hard to gauge based off their opponents. Imo Hubbard's in do or die mode coming into this game.

I feel like if this game is even close Hubbard is in for a world of trouble
I disagree. I can see Hubbard playing to their opponent this year. This is not last year's Hubbard team. A win is a win. This isn't a Collinwood level team. This team is blowing out those types of teams. A lot of speed. Not much discipline and not a average line on both sides. I expect Hubbard to win. I don't foresee a blowout though.

Hubbard, by comparison to previous years, is struggling to put points on the board. Shaw doesn’t seem to have that problem. They will probably see a much better defense this week at Hubbard so that will likely slow them down but 14 points a game isn’t going to get it done. If Shaw has the speed I suspect they have, there could be some big play quick scores. And the haven’t given up any points. Still early but this game and a bunch more are going to be telling going into league play. Hope they represent the valley well.

Last edited:
I disagree. I can see Hubbard playing to their opponent this year. This is not last year's Hubbard team. A win is a win. This isn't a Collinwood level team. This team is blowing out those types of teams. A lot of speed. Not much discipline and not a average line on both sides. I expect Hubbard to win. I don't foresee a blowout though.
Cmon. This game wasn’t scheduled to be close

Cmon. This game wasn’t scheduled to be close

No it wasn't. Doesn't mean that Hubbard can't or won't get more than they bargained for. Shaw isn't done winning games, either... there's some good L2 points on the table.
I still think Hubbard wins... but I doubt it's a blowout. I'm thinking 21-14 or something like that.