Week 3: Orrville (2-0, 0-0) at West Holmes (1-1, 0-0)

OrrvilleRR

Week 2 Results:
Akron North 7 - Orrville 54

West Holmes 17 - Massillon Tuslaw 18

calpreps.com prediction: Orrville 48 - West Holmes 19

Is Orrville that good or did West Holmes just lose too much from last season to be competitive?

What did Orrville return from last season’s team? Other than the RB.

Is Orrville that good or did West Holmes just lose too much from last season to be competitive?

What did Orrville return from last season’s team? Other than the RB.
I think a little bit of both. Orrville lost plenty from last year, but their win against Wooster proved to me they have not missed too many beats. And "the RB" is pretty darn good. Haha!

Is Orrville run heavy or balanced? Obviously they can run it with Parks, but do they air it out at all?

I’ve heard West Holmes runs the spread. Does anyone know what happened when they played Tuslaw?

Is Orrville run heavy or balanced? Obviously they can run it with Parks, but do they air it out at all?

I’ve heard West Holmes runs the spread. Does anyone know what happened when they played Tuslaw?

WH and the spread never seems to go together. They ran that when Bill Dennis ran the ship with no too great results.

Riders like to aim for 200 rushing and 200 passing every game...easier to hand off to Parks but the key is developing the passing game. Makes us very potent and follows the 2018 script. Parks touched the ball 5 times for 141 yds rushing last Friday so that 28.5 YPC average may not be sustainable. :)

He's up to 86 TD's as a Red Rider (22 as a frosh, 56 last year and 8 so far this year)....so he's a tough matchup regardless of how high the grass is.

Last edited:
Take the under on this one. WH starting QB didn't play week 2 (might be back), lost uber fast WR/RB in week 2 (hope he's back soon, great player), so could see them going old school and just pounding rock to play "keep away". Rain & grass will be a new challenge for Orrville, but they've already got 10 play of 40+ yards in 2 games. They seem to care less about time of possession.

And "the RB" is pretty darn good. Haha!

Great nickname for Parks! Alan Iverson was "The Answer". There was a phenom girl basketball recruit who was simply known as "The Remedy". :) Parks can simply be "the RB" (lower case is even cooler). All other running backs need to step aside, especially if this kid keeps growing.

Great nickname for Parks! Alan Iverson was "The Answer". There was a phenom girl basketball recruit who was simply known as "The Remedy". :) Parks can simply be "the RB" (lower case is even cooler). All other running backs need to step aside, especially if this kid keeps growing.

Story goes that his mother has called him "Mister" since he was little....that name seems to stick. "Mr. Parks"

I don't see Orrville losing during the regular season as long as no significant injuries to the team. At this point the team overall is not as talented as last years team (especially at the QB) but things could change as the year goes. Some of the kids could grow into there role as they continue to play through this season.

Would be very surprised if this game is close at all. Likely a lot of running clocks for Orrville this year. I have seen Orrville a handful of times the last two seasons. They seem to get the ball to Parks when they "need" to, and use their other plays to get others involved. The only game I can remember when they really rode him was this year's Wooster game. I think he had almost 30 carries. He has rarely even carried the ball 15 times in a game before. As scary as it may seem, his stats could be way better than what they already are if Orrville did not want to spread the wealth so much.

West Holmes shocks the world and wins by 10, calling it now.

It's Friday the 13th. It's a full moon. And the riders gotta come to the Castle. As they come through the valley of the shadow of death, they will fear the Knights.

Should be a good game, but the talent that Orrville brings to the table will bring the castle down on Friday night. Hope any and all players suffering from injury heal soon!

40-10 Orrville
West Holmes had an ok game plan but Orrville made them pay for every mistake. Orrville had the momentum when they got that pick when it was 10-3, and from then on it was all Red Riders. That rb from jelly town is quick enough to recover from bad cuts. Special teams were bad for both, Orrville can’t make an extra point and West Holmes couldn’t punt. It looked like a week 3 game.

40-10 Orrville
West Holmes had an ok game plan but Orrville made them pay for every mistake. Orrville had the momentum when they got that pick when it was 10-3, and from then on it was all Red Riders. That rb from jelly town is quick enough to recover from bad cuts. Special teams were bad for both, Orrville can’t make an extra point and West Holmes couldn’t punt. It looked like a week 3 game.
Not sure about “bad special teams” when 3rd qtr kickoff goes back for 99.
WH had a game plan, just not creativity. By end of 1st qtr they kept running the same 5 plays over & over. Was hoping to see them push Orrville. Fan told me Parks was sick all week which explains his limited touches or it might have been much worse.