Week 3 games

Tennessee leading Jacksonville 6-3 also. Washington took a big lead on GB, but Rodgers bring them back, making it interesting now.

Did Clay Mathews an NFL officials wife? I've never seen one player get so many clearly incorrect calls against him. Another non-existent roughing the passer this week.

I'll bet Mike Zimmer's head is about to explode.

49ers are done. C.J. Beathard will test Shanahan's offensive genius.

Did Clay Mathews an NFL officials wife? I've never seen one player get so many clearly incorrect calls against him. Another non-existent roughing the passer this week.

It turns out that the penalty was for landing on Smith; exactly the same penalty Dunlop got against Indy.

So, just to clarify, with QBs, you can't hit them high, you can't hit them low and you can't fall on them when you tackle them. At this juncture, they might as well put red jerseys and flags on them.

two people left in my Survivor Pool. i'm one of them. I took the Rams. he had Phi. everyone else had Min or Jax.

hoping for an early season payout this year.

I watched the highlight once, and I said to myself, that's a penalty. Mathews landed, with all his weight, on Smith. Now I agree, I'm not sure what defensive players can do, but you have two easy calls. One is going in helmet to helmet, and another is wrapping the QB, and landing on them with all your weight.

The whole thing about this with the Packers just smacks of irony. I mean, they have a QB that you don't want to get hit, yet they want the benefit of the doubt on the defensive side? YOU'RE the reason the rule was made in the first place!!!

I want to see Clay Mathew do one of two things next week.

Have a free shot at the QB and then go up and just do a two hand tap or reach for the QB's waist area where a flag would be ---or----

absolutely destroy the QB and EARN that 15 yard penalty. Hit, lift, slam to the ground and land on him with all his weight!

I watched the highlight once, and I said to myself, that's a penalty. Mathews landed, with all his weight, on Smith. Now I agree, I'm not sure what defensive players can do, but you have two easy calls. One is going in helmet to helmet, and another is wrapping the QB, and landing on them with all your weight.

The whole thing about this with the Packers just smacks of irony. I mean, they have a QB that you don't want to get hit, yet they want the benefit of the doubt on the defensive side? YOU'RE the reason the rule was made in the first place!!!
Week 1, Matthew's screwed up. Last week they robbed GB of the game on his call. The one yesterday is tough. It's a gray area IMO. What the Packers should really be upset with is the same call getting missed on an already injured Aaron Rodgers.