Week 3: Euclid (2 - 0) at Canton McKinley (2 - 0): Who's going to win this one??

Euclid at Canton McKinley: Who's going to win this one??

• Euclid wins by: less then 7 points

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Euclid wins by: 7 points or more but less then 14 points

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Euclid wins by 14 points or more

• Canton MckInley wins by: less then 7 points

• Canton McKinley wins by: more then 7 points but less then 14 points

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Canton McKinley wins by: 14 points or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IUDOGS

It's September 09, 2019

Week 3: Euclid (2 - 0) at Canton McKinley (2 - 0): Who's going to win this one???

Where: Tom Bension Stadium

When: Friday September 13, 2019

Kick Off: 07:00 PM

CalPreps.com: Canton McKinley -1

Weather forecast for Friday September 13, 2019

PM Thunderstorms

Temp: 86 / 66

Chance of Rain: 40%

Wind: SSE 10 mph

? ? :D ? :giggle: :)

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:

The winner of this game will widely be considered to be the #4 team in Region 1. The winner should also get big computer points, greatly increasing their chances of hosting in Week 11. Euclid got a win over Glenville in Week 1, but it wasn't pretty. Last week they scored a ton on Canisius (NY), but not sure what to think of that team. McKinley has beaten WGH and Buchtel, a couple of teams that made the playoffs last season.

I think this will be a good matchup, but I slightly favor Euclid. They have an experienced QB and RB along with at least one dynamic playmaker at receiver. McKinley has a good RB too. I think the game will be on the higher scoring end, with both teams in the 30's or 40's.

Along with Solon/Stow, this is a big "show me" among Region 1 teams this week.

Benny took on Euclid in the 1st scrimmage and actually fared well against them. Since it was the first scrimmage it was mostly basics stuff but those that were there were underwhelmed by the Panthers line play. Don't forget you have the Rotsky sheet show in play when things get close or something out of the ordinary happens and things can go sideways quickly when he is coaching screaming on the field of play.

Euclid has an advantage in having an established coach,system,and QB in play.Canton has a lot of adjustments and tinkering to do with coaching and rosters because of the new staff.Big advantage Panthers.Euclid is very athletic and scores in bunches but they play sloppy at times commiting untimely penalties.Like unsportsmanlike conduct on a long TD play.Canton is at home.Euclid is young at some positions.I could see this being a shootout.Euclid can pass all night long if the Dogs are good at stopping the run.Euclid can run the rock with multiple players.I would pick Euclid at home or on a neutral field.At Benson I think McKinley is a slight favorite.First team to 40 wins.

I don't know who might be out for us this week, so I can't really pick us and I haven't seen Euclid this year, so I can't honestly say what they'll likely do, either. I would like to think we will defend our house with whoever shows up ! Therefore, McKinley by 1.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Nice article on the McKinley-Euclid game.

This article shows me that McKinley really struggles passing the ball and a lot of turnovers for just two games.Do anything like that and Euclid will blow them off the field.But who knows? Their all just kids. Go Panthers! Good sportsmanship and no injuries(y)

GameDay Bulldogs,this is why you play this sport,at home in front of all your fans against a very good team,just do your best and enjoy the moment...BAM!...GO BULLDOGS!

GameDay Bulldogs,this is why you play this sport,at home in front of all your fans against a very good team,just do your best and enjoy the moment...BAM!...GO BULLDOGS!

Raymo your getting ahead of yourself.WHAM!!

Lets go Pups!

How many yards will our 1st team all-state RB rush for against Euclid?

Garrett has rushed for 375 yards after the first two weeks.

A preview from a paper in the Euclid coverage area:

I know that a Buchtel player had four interceptions against McKinley in Week 2. Euclid has a big time playmaker (Atiba Fitz) that makes an impact in all three aspects. He had three picks last week. That is something to watch out for. Maybe McKinley can get away with a few sloppy turnovers against Buchtel. But that won't fly against Euclid. The Panthers should roll if they can force 3-4 turnovers.

Last edited:
McKinley received to start the game, pickup up a few first downs and was forced to punt. Euclid scored on a 4 play drive to make it 7-0.

McKinley picked up several first downs and has a 3rd and 2 at the Euclid 31....favorable spot gives them the first down at the 29. QB keeper to the 23, pass broken up in the endzone, Garrett for only 2 makes it 4th and 3 from the 22. McKinley to go for it....pass is incomplete (dropped).

Euclid takes over on downs at their own 22 with 4:42 in the 1st quarter. Couple plays picks up a 1st down....now 2nd and 3 at the 43. Another solid play for a first down at the McK 47. Pass complete to 40 and advanced to the 35 for another 1st down. Euclid "pushing the tempo"....next play results in a rushing TD.

Euclid 14-0

2:53 in the 1st quarter. McK muffed kickoff but recovered. Short gain on 1st down, Garrett for little gain...3rd and long...pass complete to the McK 40 for a first down. Garrett to the 46, penalty moves it back to the 41....2nd and 8...gain of 3 makes it 3rd and 5, high snap and QB keeps. Missed something because they said it's 2nd down. Anyhow, end of 3rd quarter.

Pass complete to Black at the Euclid 18 for a first down. Garrett for a gain of 2...flag on the play and they never said what it was....QB keeper to the 6 for a first and goal. Hi snap...Garrett for no gain, Garrett dropped for a short loss, 3rd and goal....off sides call moves the ball to the 5...pass complete to Robinson for a TD. Extra point is good.

Euclid 14
McKinley 7