Week 3: Elder vs. Clearwater Academy International(Florida)

Yes.

I question his ability to understand the word respectful.
What about what I’ve said is disrespectful. I’ve outlined the reasons I think this game was a bad idea to schedule. Just bc you guys disagree with what I’m saying doesn’t make it disrespectful.

That’s not disrespectful. The players are teenagers, they don’t know how to look at things rationally. And the majority of kids aren’t “elite” prospects. That’s not a slam at all on them. Most HS players aren’t elite prospects.

Also, I like how I’m a bad person for what I did, but nobody wants to mention what happened with the PARENTS during the Baseball team’s trip to TN?

I’m not trying to deflect from what I did, I take full responsibility. However, I find it more than hypocritical you’re going to hate me and just ignore what they did .

Youth doesn't mean someone can't see a situation rationally, and age doesn't mean they can.

As an example, despite their age, all of the players have enough control of their emotions to not get banned from a high school campus for their behavior. Some people in their 30's do not.

If you asked them, they’d love to play De La Salle, Gorman, Mater Dei, St John Bosco. And even then, there’s at least a high reward to playing those teams.

It’s part of youth an being competitive. It’s not a flaw, but you’ve got to temper expectations.

And that’s not to say I advocate a Bye over playing a challenging team. If they could play a Trinity, WC, or Colerain, then I could see the benefit over a Bye Week.

Also, I like how I’m a bad person for what I did, but nobody wants to mention what happened with the PARENTS during the Baseball team’s trip to TN?

I’m not trying to deflect from what I did, I take full responsibility. However, I find it more than hypocritical you’re going to hate me and just ignore what they did .

I don't know what you're referencing regarding the parents. If you fill me in I can give an opinion if it would make you feel better. But I suppose the difference might be the baseball team parents aren't on this forum trying to act like they know best. If they were, maybe people would bring up their embarrassing behavior more often.

Also, to be clear I don't think you're a bad person. I think you have some issues and probably need some help, but I think you mostly mean well.

I feel the need to say this, I really want Elder to win. I think it’s possible they stay competitive in this game bc they’re playing for pride and for the CA kids, this is just a stop gap bw until College.

If anyone has seen Last Chance U, I’d say CA is comparable set up. They’re playing for themselves more than the program. And that’s not to suggest they don’t work hard or don’t care, but it’s not the same as playing for a program with tradition.

Now, if we’re going to talk about the game, Elder needs to double Ajou. I think Thomas is going to be a great Corner for Elder, but there’s only a handful of HS Corners that could attempt to cover Ajou one on one. They’re also going to have to Blitz and confuse the CA OL & QB. They need to force Turnovers and limit the # of possessions for CA.

Offensively, they need to focus on getting the ball out quickly. The CA DL is going to get pressure and probably limit Elder’s run game. Use Screens as an extension of the run game, get the ball out to Ramsey on the perimeter and let him do his thing. Also, use play action mixed to freeze the LBs/Ss and hit Royer, Larkins on Sticks, Slants, Crosses over the middle.

On STs. Don’t be afraid to use an onside kick or even a Fake Punt.

Elder will have to be aggressive and take chances. Use CA’s limited coaching against them, create confusion. Their HC is only 27, and given this is a new program, I don’t think he’s some wonderkid, put pressure on him, put him in a position where he needs to make adjustments.

Last edited:
Best of luck to the Elder Panthers this week.

From an outside perspective, there are no meaningless games. This game may not give a lot towards the Playoff points, but there also may have not been other choices when it came to getting a game on the schedule. Playing a game is better than a bye in my opinion. What does Elder gain from playing this game...another week of experience for the Offense and Defense, another week to run schemes and plays against an opponent, growth towards getting better each week for the ultimate goal, game film for the coaches to break down to correct mistakes and build on successful plays. There are also benefits to playing a game rather than having a bye.

Best of luck to the Elder Panthers this week.

From an outside perspective, there are no meaningless games. This game may not give a lot towards the Playoff points, but there also may have not been other choices when it came to getting a game on the schedule. Playing a game is better than a bye in my opinion. What does Elder gain from playing this game...another week of experience for the Offense and Defense, another week to run schemes and plays against an opponent, growth towards getting better each week for the ultimate goal, game film for the coaches to break down to correct mistakes and build on successful plays. There are also benefits to playing a game rather than having a bye.
I wish all schools had posted lime you. I also wish you were a full time Elder fan. Best of luck vs Chatard.

The Baseball Parents who participated in TN are self righteous drunken idiots. Who ignored what they did in TN, the School? I’m also going to guess that you have shown more of a pattern involving misbehaving than these particular Parents. You really still banned from the Pit? Getting banned from a high school as a 30 something yr old does take some serious talent!

So reading between the lines, the baseball parents got drunk and maybe gave alcohol to their kids the night before a game? If so, that's pretty bold and pretty disrespectful to the team and coaching staff. I would have hoped there would have been AD intervention at that point. The coaches shouldn't have to deal with that crap.

I'll give pboy a pass because you can tell he's frustrated. And with alot of it, his frustration is kind of warranted. It can see how it can dig at you for them to be better, when you know some change will make them better. Yet they don't seem tow ant to change much to get better.

Now, is he unrelenting and not know when to stop...yes. But that doesn't mean he's wrong.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Pboy here. After watching those highlights Elder may get the turbo clock put on them. That's not a DeLasalle or Independence type team, CA is more in line with IMG or Gorman. This has the makings of getting ugly early.

I think we just have to wait and see. Who knows the caliber of competition they have played. Plus, they only have like 30 kids. We know the game will be physical. I also seriously doubt they dealt with as complex of an offense that Elder runs. Of course it may not matter if no one can be blocked (but I doubt that happens). More talented teams lose all the time to good fundamental squads.

If E gets blown out, the sun will still come up Saturday. The kids will be ready to play. Sometimes you do the butt whoopin, others time you get your butt whooped. Happens to everyone.

So reading between the lines, the baseball parents got drunk and maybe gave alcohol to their kids the night before a game? If so, that's pretty bold and pretty disrespectful to the team and coaching staff. I would have hoped there would have been AD intervention at that point. The coaches shouldn't have to deal with that crap.

I'll give pboy a pass because you can tell he's frustrated. And with alot of it, his frustration is kind of warranted. It can see how it can dig at you for them to be better, when you know some change will make them better. Yet they don't seem tow ant to change much to get better.

Now, is he unrelenting and not know when to stop...yes. But that doesn't mean he's wrong.

Stop playing dumb. The incident happened back in May? That was last school year, let's move on. You are all over anything negative about Elder so don't act like you didn't hear about it. This has nothing to do with the current football team or the current senior class. Let's talk football.

PBoy, you really REALLY make reading threads frustrating.
WTF did I do except give my opinion? I’m not a homer, and I’m never going to be that way. I can’t help it if people take issue with it. What did I say that was rude or disrespectful? Perhaps I repeated myself too much, but I had 5-6 difft posters coming at me.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Pboy here. After watching those highlights Elder may get the turbo clock put on them. That's not a DeLasalle or Independence type team, CA is more in line with IMG or Gorman. This has the makings of getting ugly early.

Elder is not going to get blown out. Let's not sit here and act like we don't have good players. Elder's offense actually matches up pretty well with CA. CA has a strong defensive line, but Elder has one of the best offensive lines in the country. Advantage Elder, or we at least neutralize their strength on defense. That's a big win right there. Next, they will have trouble going against a sophisticated offensive attack that Ramsey runs. They will get frustrated quickly trying to figure out how to stop Elder's offense.

We are in trouble on defense, but let's hope the travel factor slows CA down in the 1st half, and Elder's conditioning/depth prevails in the 2nd half. Turnovers will be huge. Elder needs to win the turnover battle, because it will be a struggle to force CA into punting situations.

Depth is key here. CA doesn't have it, Elder does. Travel is a factor. Conditioning will be a factor. CA has not had a close game yet, they are completely untested. Elder does hold advantages. This will be an entertaining game to watch.

My prediction holds Elder 48 Clearwater 42

I think we just have to wait and see. Who knows the caliber of competition they have played. Plus, they only have like 30 kids. We know the game will be physical. I also seriously doubt they dealt with as complex of an offense that Elder runs. Of course it may not matter if no one can be blocked (but I doubt that happens). More talented teams lose all the time to good fundamental squads.

If E gets blown out, the sun will still come up Saturday. The kids will be ready to play. Sometimes you do the butt whoopin, others time you get your butt whooped. Happens to everyone.

I have zero details and all I know is what people on here beat around the bush with. If you're going to post it, post it. If not, don't even bring it up.

Doesn't look like CA has a kicking game at all...Elder should have good field position all night and if they can stop those 2-pt conversions CA may be in a tight spot for points.

Doesn't look like CA has a kicking game at all...Elder should have good field position all night and if they can stop those 2-pt conversions CA may be in a tight spot for points.
Put pressure on their players to make quick decisions, do everything you have to do to get them rattled. Again, they’re not playing to get in the playoffs or for a state title. There’s no way this game will be as important to them as it is Elder. This is like a pickup game to them, they want to win, but they’re not going to go all out

I’m not neo, but I ignored it because I have no idea what you are talking about and even if I did they aren’t relevant to what we are discussing. And finally, you are completely tying to deflect, there’s no other reason to bring it up.