Week 3—-Massillon Washington (2-0) at Warren Harding (1-1)

You talk a lot of crap for somebody whose team had all the luck in the world in week 1. Props to Canton McKinley for getting the victory. They’re one of the greatest programs in the history of high school football and we here in Warren have the utmost respect for them. However, our junior quarterback set a new school record in passing yards and had he not had cramps in the 4th quarter, he would’ve eclipsed 400 yards passing. McKinley couldn’t guard our young receivers at all, but we had several drops and one burnt McKinley, but turned around too soon and fell in the end zone back pedaling, which enabled McKinley to get the interception right before halftime. But again, McKinley deserved the win and we give them there props, but don’t pretend like it’s sweet over here cause it’s not.

Massillon will be a whole new challenge, but they better be prepared to guard a player who is potentially the best receiver that we’ve had since Mario Manningham. In fact, he hasn’t even reached his peak yet and even Mario himself thinks that he’ll end up being better than him. If I were you, instead of blowing smoke, I’d just be happy that you played us in week 1.

Way to tell him Worm. I will say it for you....If your QB did not cramp up Warren would have beat our Bulldogs.

Good luck the rest of the year.

Manningham's breakout game came against Massillon in week 9 of 2002. Ironically, he caught his first varsity pass the week before against Canton McKinley. Up to that point, he was just the leading tackler on special teams (I remember hearing his name a lot on kickoffs).

The bulk of Harding's talent is at the wide receiver position, which is why we threw the ball more than we usually do. That wasn't necessary in week 2, but I'm sure that both teams will provide an air show this Friday. We have a few receivers with a lot of potential and our "track & field guys" haven't even gotten off yet. Instead of hyping any particular player up too much too soon (probably a little late for that, lol), I'm going to allow him remain nameless for now. Usually not my style and from our end, it's not gonna provide the huge element of surprise that Manningham's breakthrough 17 years ago had. That shocked everybody, especially since that was the USA Today Game of the Week. This time around, it's moreso us waiting for it to happen and being relieved & overjoyed if/when it does. Canton McKinley got a small glimspe, but hopefully, Massillon will get a much bigger one. If that happens, Harding will have a chance to win.

Manningham the one man wrecking crew!

You talk a lot of crap for somebody whose team had all the luck in the world in week 1. Props to Canton McKinley for getting the victory. They’re one of the greatest programs in the history of high school football and we here in Warren have the utmost respect for them. However, our junior quarterback set a new school record in passing yards and had he not had cramps in the 4th quarter, he would’ve eclipsed 400 yards passing. McKinley couldn’t guard our young receivers at all, but we had several drops and one burnt McKinley, but turned around too soon and fell in the end zone back pedaling, which enabled McKinley to get the interception right before halftime. But again, McKinley deserved the win and we give them there props, but don’t pretend like it’s sweet over here cause it’s not.

Massillon will be a whole new challenge, but they better be prepared to guard a player who is potentially the best receiver that we’ve had since Mario Manningham. In fact, he hasn’t even reached his peak yet and even Mario himself thinks that he’ll end up being better than him. If I were you, instead of blowing smoke, I’d just be happy that you played us in week 1.

You conveniently forgot we had two wide open guys just barely missed for touchdowns and two tds wiped out by penalties.That means we could've easily scored 60. You ran for 81 total yds. Neither team played good pass defense that night. Quit being a sore loser.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

FYI - Warren Harding plays at 'Mollenkopf' Stadium, not 'Molenkopft.'

Spice Adams Hiding Behind a Tree 09092019200612.jpg

You conveniently forgot we had two wide open guys just barely missed for touchdowns and two tds wiped out by penalties.That means we could've easily scored 60. You ran for 81 total yds. Neither team played good pass defense that night. Quit being a sore loser.

What game were you watching? McKinley completed 1 pass and your Kent State commit at tight end did nothing. Garrett is a beast though. Plays much “bigger” than he is. I hope that he helps lead McKinley far. High school football is a lot more interesting when they’re on their game.

“Sore loser?” Cause I don’t go around making a 5-point comeback victory seem like a blowout? Ok.

What game were you watching? McKinley completed 1 pass and your Kent State commit at tight end did nothing. Garrett is a beast though. Plays much “bigger” than he is. I hope that he helps lead McKinley far. High school football is a lot more interesting when they’re on their game.

“Sore loser?” Cause I don’t go around making a 5-point comeback victory seem like a blowout? Ok.

We dominated the los. You scored all three tds on blown coverages Unless your D-line plays much better, Massillon will name the score.

We dominated the los. You scored all three tds on blown coverages Unless your D-line plays much better, Massillon will name the score.

“Blown coverages” must be a fancy way of saying “our DBs can’t guard your WR’s.”

Meanwhile, we haven’t beaten Massillon since Bowden left, though I believe that it’s been even longer for your Bulldogs. Nothing to be ashamed of, though it’s weird hearing one boast about a team that they haven’t had much recent success against either. IDK, but this is the challenge that we need. We’ll have to play much better than we did in week 1 to get the W this week. I’d like to think that our front seven won’t have the issues that we had with Jamir Thomas or Garrett, but the Tigers are never to be underestimated. Longwell is such a smart quarterback to. It won’t be easy overcoming that, but in life, nothing worth having is.

Good luck against Euclid.

“Blown coverages” must be a fancy way of saying “our DBs can’t guard your WR’s.”

Meanwhile, we haven’t beaten Massillon since Bowden left, though I believe that it’s been even longer for your Bulldogs. Nothing to be ashamed of, though it’s weird hearing one boast about a team that they haven’t had much recent success against either. IDK, but this is the challenge that we need. We’ll have to play much better than we did in week 1 to get the W this week. I’d like to think that our front seven won’t have the issues that we had with Jamir Thomas or Garrett, but the Tigers are never to be underestimated. Longwell is such a smart quarterback to. It won’t be easy overcoming that, but in life, nothing worth having is.

Good luck against Euclid.
We beat Massillon by 2 the first year of consolidation 4 years ago and then they came from behind and upset us two years in a row by a total of 3 pts. Last year they were big favorites and won by 7. Every game could easily have gone either way Since we went back to one school in Canton, every game has been decided late in the fourth quarter.

Idk about our guys not being able to cover your guys. It looked like that to most, but I saw kids who weren't sure where to line up on defense nearly every other play because we have a new coach and a brand new defense. Those three plays were blown coverages, and our coach even said so himself. I think he knows more about that than we do, don't you?

Your quarterback is excellent and some of your skill people are very good. And although Massillon's O line isn't quite as big as ours, they're still pretty big and they got a D1 running back transfer from St. V, so you have to contain a top quality balanced offense @ Mollenkopf.

Good luck Friday night!

Last edited:
It's good to see someone got wind of the misspelled stadium name and corrected it. Could you imagine the fallout if an opponent spoke of their upcoming game at Massillon as being at Peter Brown Stadium? ?

LOL. This stuff is important to this loser. Stalks sites looking for little misspellings and such. Oh if you only had a life and something else to do during the day. ANY day. EVERY day.

We beat Massillon by 2 the first year of consolidation 4 years ago and then they came from behind and upset us two years in a row by a total of 3 pts. Last year they were big favorites and won by 7. Every game could easily have gone either way Since we went back to one school in Canton, every game has been decided late in the fourth quarter.

Idk about our guys not being able to cover your guys. It looked like that to most, but I saw kids who weren't sure where to line up on defense nearly every other play because we have a new coach and a brand new defense. Those three plays were blown coverages, and our coach even said so himself. I think he knows more about that than we do, don't you?

Your quarterback is excellent and some of your skill people are very good. And although Massillon's O line isn't quite as big as ours, they're still pretty big and they got a D1 running back transfer from St. V, so you have to contain a top quality balanced offense @ Mollenkopf.

Good luck Friday night!

Box score & highlights from the game. Our first TD is a blown coverage. It reminded me of a play that Mentor ran on us in the 2012 playoffs with Trubisky. His WR looked like he didn’t have anybody guarding him. ??‍♂️

Harding’s next two TDs were our WR’s burning your secondary, especially the 3rd one.

Thanks for the highlights. Look like legit gamebreakers at wr to me. Very good test challenge for our secondary, or anybody's. I imagine both teams will be looking to pressure the QB's.

Yeah I mentioned Ballard & Wilson-Lamp in my game preview for the site. The link is above if you haven't checked it out yet.

Part of what makes those 2 so special is speed. They ran 2 of the 4 legs on the 4x100 team that fared pretty well at the Jesse in the spring.

I hope some of those speedy receivers play db too.

Part of what makes those 2 so special is speed. They ran 2 of the 4 legs on the 4x100 team that fared pretty well at the Jesse in the spring.

I hope some of those speedy receivers play db too.

I was there at state. Ballard anchored their 4x100 and he thought that he was getting ready to cross first, but Pickerington Central came out of nowhere and placed 1st with a 41.49 while Massillon clocked a 41.55. Ballard was pretty stunned afterward, but the weekend belonged to PC. After they won the 4x800, I knew they were gonna turn some heads the rest of the way.

Box score & highlights from the game. Our first TD is a blown coverage. It reminded me of a play that Mentor ran on us in the 2012 playoffs with Trubisky. His WR looked like he didn’t have anybody guarding him. ??‍♂️

Harding’s next two TDs were our WR’s burning your secondary, especially the 3rd one.

No, they werent. And your video doesn't show enough. We can agree to disagree It sure didn't show any highlights of McKinley, or you wouldn't have dogged on Jasper Robinson so much. On the 50+ yards Garrett td, he threw a bone crunching block to open a big hole for Lamier to go through. one of the nicest blocks I've seen in a long time.

Always, always keep the faith!

I agree worm. First one is a complete blown coverage. The rest, not so much. Your receivers look extremely dangerous. Will be a definitive challenge for our db's. Good luck Friday!

No, they werent. And your video doesn't show enough. We can agree to disagree It sure didn't show any highlights of McKinley, or you wouldn't have dogged on Jasper Robinson so much. On the 50+ yards Garrett td, he threw a bone crunching block to open a big hole for Lamier to go through. one of the nicest blocks I've seen in a long time.

Always, always keep the faith!

I heard that 2020 is the final year of the contract. Hopefully, the contract will get extended sooner than later. Wish it would’ve never ended the 1st time.

Good luck Friday night!

Worm we definitely upset them I mean this century we are 16-7 against the pups and last year the game definitely could have gone either way. IF they could stop the run, but since they couldn't we just kept the ball for 10:51 of the 4th quarter and possessed it for more than 17 of the 24 minutes in the second half. It was a classic education on football possession! We have it, you don't!!!

Worm we definitely upset them I mean this century we are 16-7 against the pups and last year the game definitely could have gone either way. IF they could stop the run, but since they couldn't we just kept the ball for 10:51 of the 4th quarter and possessed it for more than 17 of the 24 minutes in the second half. It was a classic education on football possession! We have it, you don't!!!

You also can look at it this way. The Bulldogs could be 0-8 against the Tigers since 2012. McKinley scored the winning touchdown in 2015 with 30 seconds left in the game! As it is, they are 1-7.

You also can look at it this way. The Bulldogs could be 0-8 against the Tigers since 2012. McKinley scored the winning touchdown in 2015 with 30 seconds left in the game! As it is, they are 1-7.
The Timken QB scored the TD. Without him and the tall receiver, (also from timken), we ARE 8-0 against them.

Who was QB from Warren a couple years ago? You know the one we couldn't tackle because to tackle someone you actually have to be able to touch them. We couldn't get that guy down in tag football.

Who was QB from Warren a couple years ago? You know the one we couldn't tackle because to tackle someone you actually have to be able to touch them. We couldn't get that guy down in tag football.
Lynn Bowden. Is now playing for Kentucky. Listed as one of the best WR's in the SEC.