Week 3—-Massillon Washington (2-0) at Warren Harding (1-1)

Who was QB from Warren a couple years ago? You know the one we couldn't tackle because to tackle someone you actually have to be able to touch them. We couldn't get that guy down in tag football.
Bowden was great and would be hard to tackle regardless but remember how bad our tackling was during the Hall regime? Horrible.

I agree. It's one of our oldest and best rivalries, and we are both former state champions with lots of tradition that goes far beyond our lives. Trips to Mollenkopf are always fun and it is easily one of the best high school venues in America. Sad if it ends. I would rather drop half of the teams in our league if it meant we get to play Warren Harding. Seriously.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Thanks for the video, The guy has a special blend of speed, quickness and balance. I was very impressed with that young man.

Too bad for Warren those '88 refs are in nursing homes by now. They could use some help this week for sure. Massillon is ready early this year. Warren isn't.

That's funny to say they are in the nursing home makes me feel old, I got to work with that Trumbull officials crew a couple of years after that game and I asked "why did you throw that flag on that touchdown" and their reply .......Massillon, why ask

That's funny to say they are in the nursing home makes me feel old, I got to work with that Trumbull officials crew a couple of years after that game and I asked "why did you throw that flag on that touchdown" and their reply .......Massillon, why ask
As good a reason as any. :)

Between him and Manningham I'm not sure who the bigger thorn in Massillons side was. Honestly I would have to pick Manningham.

Definitely. The regular season game was enough. Then, as I’m trying to recall, Shepas let WGH back in the game by punting to Manningham to the left side of the field late in the game that led to us tying it up. Massillon missing an extra point in OT was a devastating way to lose. I remember thinking how did Shepas not learn from his mistakes in the first game after seeing how capable Mario was returning punts.

That 02 Massillon team had the talent to win state. That alone makes the answer Manningham.

Definitely. The regular season game was enough. Then, as I’m trying to recall, Shepas let WGH back in the game by punting to Manningham to the left side of the field late in the game that led to us tying it up. Massillon missing an extra point in OT was a devastating way to lose. I remember thinking how did Shepas not learn from his mistakes in the first game after seeing how capable Mario was returning punts.

That 02 Massillon team had the talent to win state. That alone makes the answer Manningham.

Massillon also kicked it off to Rob Massucci in the regular season game when they were up 27-17 with 7 minutes to go, which led to a big return from him and WGH ultimately coming back. Massillon-Elder would've been a crazy game in '02, especially in that blizzard.

I may be in the minority here (maybe some Tiger faithful can chime in), but when healthy, I think that Massillon may have been better last year than they were in 02. Lynn played against those seniors when they were sophomores. Would've been fun to see him go up against them last year.

I respect the heck out of Warren. These teams should play every year forever. I expect a close one early with the Tigers pulling away in the second half.

Massillon also kicked it off to Rob Massucci in the regular season game when they were up 27-17 with 7 minutes to go, which led to a big return from him and WGH ultimately coming back. Massillon-Elder would've been a crazy game in '02, especially in that blizzard.

I may be in the minority here (maybe some Tiger faithful can chime in), but when healthy, I think that Massillon may have been better last year than they were in 02. Lynn played against those seniors when they were sophomores. Would've been fun to see him go up against them last year.

Worm I am one that does not believe last year's team was better than the 2001, 2002 or 2005 teams. Last year's team may have been better and was one of the best in the state at any level, but the 2001 and 2002 team's went 23-5 and only lost to 2 teams Ignatius and Warren over 2 seasons. The 2005 team defeated Elder in Cincinnati, Ignatius at Ignatius, Mentor, Warren, Findlay in the playoffs who had won 10 in a row, McKinley who was 12-0 in playoffs, St Edwards who was also 12-0 at the time, before losing to St X who ended at 15-0.

These 4 team's were all special for certain.

I know I picked Massillon 49-17 but over there it may be a bit closer. Still think Tigers have way too much this year. I'll never forget that 02 game great atmosphere always like watching a game over there. Maybe one day I'll go see Hoover play over there (even if its a playoff game).

Worm I am one that does not believe last year's team was better than the 2001, 2002 or 2005 teams. Last year's team may have been better and was one of the best in the state at any level, but the 2001 and 2002 team's went 23-5 and only lost to 2 teams Ignatius and Warren over 2 seasons. The 2005 team defeated Elder in Cincinnati, Ignatius at Ignatius, Mentor, Warren, Findlay in the playoffs who had won 10 in a row, McKinley who was 12-0 in playoffs, St Edwards who was also 12-0 at the time, before losing to St X who ended at 15-0.

These 4 team's were all special for certain.

I always thought the 2002 was the most talented but the 2005 may have been the best overall. 2001 was a offensive juggernaut but sometimes defensive lapses. 2002 had the special teams issues but 2005 I felt had no weaknesses. Watching that game up at Rubber Bowl doing that to that McKinley team only a few weeks removed from a beat down and then beating that great St Eds team I really thought after that game Massillon was going to win the Title (I legit picked them to win). That is why I disagreed with some Massillon fans who thought Stacy wasn't a good coach. That Regional Championship was phenomenal coaching (I know he had a lot of Shepas holdovers) and I know one game isn't everything.

If I am not mistaken tonight will be the first game for Massillon's new offensive lineman (RT). If it isn't tonight it is next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else listening to 990?
Jeske doesn't actually talk about the damn game 95% of the time.
Sandra Bullock Blindfold 13092019195910.jpg

Not real impressed with the Tigers along the LOS. We're going to have to improve alot upfront if we're going to get to where we want to be. We should be imposing our will and its not happening in the Trenches.

Assume he means Terrance Rankl which would be good I was starting to get worried. He's got D1 written all over him. (and great student).
He does and he’ll be back next week. Massillon’s offensive line will get much better with him in there and that line will start to really gel in a couple weeks. Lots of room to improve which is fantastic

2019 Massillon-Warren Scores
Varsity———-49-7 (TIGERS 3-0)
JV’s————-27-20 (TIGERS 3-0)
Freshman——24-0 (TIGERS 2-1)
8th Grade——8-0 (TIGERS 3-0 or 2-0) **Called in 1st Quarter—Weather)
7th Grade——27-6 (TIGERS 3-0)

Not the performance WGH wanted but THANKS for a great evening all around. QB/WR's just weren't clicking. Some was us but most were wide open miscues or plain drops from what I saw. Unfortunate. Hope you win out now.