Week 2: LaSalle

ReLoad, on the other thread you had the two teams having played 61 times which I agree with but I seem to recall you said we only met once in the playoffs which is not true. We played at St. Xavier in round one of the 2004 playoffs and actually hosted you guys in 2010 in the playoffs at La Salle in round one. At one time, you posted all the games with the winning teams with some missing scores. You and I worked together to get the missing scores, so the list was complete. Can you post all those scores here?. It's important for everyone to see how one sided this series had been with St. Xavier leading 43-17-1

I'm interested to see what X is able to do to stop Branam and Payne. They should be better than Elder defensively, but how much? Obviously, that'll be the theme all year for all LS foes. I'd imagine Specht's staff is best suited to figure it out.

Regarding X, I'm interested in how they run the ball. The 52 points LS allowed at Elder, 14 of which occurred in OT and 14 of which occurred during a really shaky start, are likely more mirage than real. Said before that we always know more after Week 2 than Week 1. This is a great matchup for Week 2.

Curious if Steve will leave a spy of the QB, the one achilles heel in his 3-3-5 defense seems to be the athletic QB on QB draws or zone read QB runs. See both Elder losses last year and LaSalle loss (Luebbe and Branam), and Elder loss the year before with Bittner at QB.

Curious if Steve will leave a spy of the QB, the one achilles heel in his 3-3-5 defense seems to be the athletic QB on QB draws or zone read QB runs. See both Elder losses last year and LaSalle loss (Luebbe and Branam), and Elder loss the year before with Bittner at QB.
I doubt he will spy him because he doesn't have a linebacker that can run with him. What he probably do is not blitz him a lot and have the linebackers stay at home similar to the 2nd game against elder last year. (except for the big play at the end of the game)

Does anyone know what the situation with Vrsansky is??

He is playing this week which definitely provides for another weapon on offense. He is fast, strong, and hard to tackle at times. He might seem undersized but the kid is pound for pound one of the strongest players on the team.

If I remember correctly, which I may not, LS struggled with the X TE last year. I wonder if that will be a problem again.

Seems like that was case. Not sure if scheme by both X and LS, or simply talent with M.Lang, a D1 TE last yr. With Klare out the backup TE's are not as big or athletic. McGinnis is Sr, Wassler a Soph.

Very impressive win overall, loved seeing the FOOLS being able to mash instead of pass blocking all game, they were blowing open some big holes. Devine is every high school coaches dream type player, solid talent, mega-intensity. McGaughey is impressive, demeanor is solid, and I am glad he was forced to go away from Clifford, helps him not get locked in on him like he had a tendency to do last week. Really interested to see how the team plays against Elder, frankly, they should be 2-0 right now.

Very impressive win overall, loved seeing the FOOLS being able to mash instead of pass blocking all game, they were blowing open some big holes. Devine is every high school coaches dream type player, solid talent, mega-intensity. McGaughey is impressive, demeanor is solid, and I am glad he was forced to go away from Clifford, helps him not get locked in on him like he had a tendency to do last week. Really interested to see how the team plays against Elder, frankly, they should be 2-0 right now.

Yes, St. X looked really good Friday. I saw a lot of problems with what LS was able to do, especially tackling, but the vast majority was all on St. X being really good. X at Elder is going to be super interesting.