• St. Ignatius by 1-7

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • St. Ignatius by 8-16

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • St. Ignatius by 17+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel I know this St Edward team at least enough to comment. I don't see another 48-6 ending. The anticipated rain and colder conditions should produce a closer outcome. And that's regardless of any talent considerations.

Ignatius (the Evil Empire😉) has improved since back to back loses to St Edward and Moeller. If I had to provide a margin, I'd say St Edward should win by 10-15. Can Ignatius win? Sure. We're talking about young kids that are influenced by emotion, excitement, and the storybook tale of Coach Kyle's impending retirement. Those are great motivators.

St. Edward has the superior talent and is the superior program. That said, this isn't as big a rivalry game to St Edward players as the alumni and supporters of both programs think. Is this a big rivalry? Sure, but I could argue a lot of these St Edward players feel Hoban is their true rival. I sensed a lot of St Edward players got way more satisfaction out of beating Hoban this year than beating Ignatius.

St Edward players view this as business. Its another game. They know they have to stop #7, #25, #10. #12, #9 and #14, and if they don't, they will lose. The emotion of Ignatius won't play on St Edward. It will help Ignatius, but it won't rattle St Edward.

Ignatius has to find an answer for #47 and #34 on the St Edward DL and deal with the huge St Edward OL. If they don't they will lose. No one talks about #77 Ricky Wolverton on St Edward (the center) but he may be the most productive lineman of the bunch. And the big three #71, #74 and #76 are all back next year.

I wish Coach Kyle the best win or lose, but as a St Edward alumnus, I'm glad we wont have to face him moving forward. He ruined a lot of Saturday nights for me!😢
Did someone write this for you? Kubacki? Or eaglemercenary?

Back in the Gibby days, I‘d put more credence in your knowing the mindset.;) Now? Aren’t you’re just a guy standing up at the top of Lakewood Stadium on game night, hangin’ out at The Public House the rest of the week?

Last edited:
Ignatius might have improved but squeezing by cle hts is not an accomplishment, Ed’s beat Hoban and Moe to end the season. They have blown the doors of the first 2 playoffs opponents. If anything Ed’s has improved even more. The young studs they have keep gaining valuable playing time.

only chance Ignatius has in this game is if Ed’s turns the ball over multiple times and completely botches everything. Multiple pick 6 / Fumbles , punt return / kick off returns.

that being said I don’t ever remember an eagles team being unprepared by Lambardo. It might not be a running clock but it’s gonna be a 2 plus score win.

couldn’t have wrote it any better whipping Kyle twice in a year , sending him into retirement.

Ignatius might have improved but squeezing by cle hts is not an accomplishment, Ed’s beat Hoban and Moe to end the season. They have blown the doors of the first 2 playoffs opponents. If anything Ed’s has improved even more. The young studs they have keep gaining valuable playing time.

only chance Ignatius has in this game is if Ed’s turns the ball over multiple times and completely botches everything. Multiple pick 6 / Fumbles , punt return / kick off returns.

that being said I don’t ever remember an eagles team being unprepared by Lambardo. It might not be a running clock but it’s gonna be a 2 plus score win.

couldn’t have wrote it any better whipping Kyle twice in a year , sending him into retirement.
Multiple years Ed’s has had the better team on paper yet Coach Kyle has had a better scheme and pulled out an upset. Don’t be over confident and let’s see how the game plays out.

You are a fool troll. It wasn't the winning by 1 pt you nitwit, it was how the second half was played, including energy and playcalling while posting 28 unanswered to tie and outscoring 36-7.

I know, you despise Kyle. If I was owned for many years by 1 guy, I guess I would too. But to be a complete canoe, good lord man

Multiple years Ed’s has had the better team on paper yet Coach Kyle has had a better scheme and pulled out an upset. Don’t be over confident and let’s see how the game plays out.
I dont think it is possible for him. I have other words for him or it than overconfident

You are a fool troll. It wasn't the winning by 1 pt you nitwit, it was how the second half was played, including energy and playcalling while posting 28 unanswered to tie and outscoring 36-7.

I know, you despise Kyle. If I was owned for many years by 1 guy, I guess I would too. But to be a complete canoe, good lord man
Come back with that same energy when the wildcats get running clocked again. Can’t wait

No, the talent gap is too wide. (But the Ignatius kids will leave it all out there)
This game will be closer this time around. While Ed's should win, this remains a rivalry game. Ed's will look to shorten the game by controlling the clock with the running game. The Cats will dare the Eagles to throw the ball with extra athletes in the box. Special teams could play a big role as well. Field position can change an outcome.

While I would have preferred to play Cleveland Heights, I am glad it's St. Ignatius.

Go Eagles!

Let me say a more precise version of what I intended to get across to sehs73 12 hours ago but got all ugly/dark...

Hey, if you see Hoban as your rival and see your future WITH Hoban...go for it. But...be careful what you wish for...you might want to wear an N95 mask...

I'm around here win or lose. You would know that, but you are new here.
I enjoy the rivalry in ALL sports. There are ebbs and flows in most sports. Boys from my neighborhood, over a few decades, attend the two schools about equally. Coached many boys in CYO who went on to do good athletic things at St. Ed's. We lost to St. Ed's in football four years in a row when I was in high school. The sun kept coming up regardless.

Our guys will show up and do their best. Since you always learn more from losing...I hope we don't learn much next weekend...

Euclid? Huh? Could be worse I guess, could have sent us to Boardman like Chardon and kenston. Smaller facility on east side for 2 west side schools

Funny only been around for 10 plus years sorry I don’t live my life on a hs forum.
Being on occasionally, I sure don't live my life here. Ask my wife, family and law firm clients. I appreciate the concern though, it's admirable. You sure don't act how most of the alumni and students do between these 2 schools.

Being on occasionally, I sure don't live my life here. Ask my wife, family and law firm clients. I appreciate the concern though, it's admirable. You sure don't act how most of the alumni and students do between these 2 schools.
Law firm clients …… this is exactly the reason I can’t stand Ignatius alumni , the white collar better than you mentality persists 🤦‍♂️.

As an eagle alum / former coach for multiple yrs I know all about it. I don’t want them to just win I want them to absolutely embarrass Ignatius in all facets.

We can throw stones left and right but my hatred for that school started as a freshmen when Ignatius literally made shirts that said “class vs trash”.

I like Euclid for the venue. Good spots to eat/drink beforehand. Intimate stadium (no track) and it'll be filled up. I'd rather have the game be at a full stadium compared to 70% of Byers (which was my estimate for the regular season game).

Not a long drive for anyone off of 90, even on the west side (longer to get to Brunswick for me).

Eds is clearly the favorite, but if the line was over 20 I'd stay far away. I'm thinking a 24-10 or 24-17 kind of game.

Still can’t grasp that this will be Coach Kyle’s last game vs. St. Ed’s. What a storied career. Best of luck to both teams next week.

Reactions: PDC
I like Euclid for the venue. Good spots to eat/drink beforehand. Intimate stadium (no track) and it'll be filled up. I'd rather have the game be at a full stadium compared to 70% of Byers (which was my estimate for the regular season game).

Not a long drive for anyone off of 90, even on the west side (longer to get to Brunswick for me).

Eds is clearly the favorite, but if the line was over 20 I'd stay far away. I'm thinking a 24-10 or 24-17 kind of game.
I'm biased. 5 min to bwick stadium for me and takes an eternity to get out of Alabama, I mean strongsville

I have no skin in this game, but got to pull for Ignatius. I will take the underdog to pull off a shocker. I have seen one team win big in the regular season only to get smacked in the rematch come playoff time on multiple occasions. Ignatius just may be loose and free and play out their minds. Good luck to both teams!

Did someone write this for you? Kubacki? Or eaglemercenary?

Back in the Gibby days, I‘d put more credence in your knowing the mindset.;) Now? Aren’t you’re just a guy standing up at the top of Lakewood Stadium on game night, hangin’ out at The Public House the rest of the week?
@ CatAlum:

Keep me out of this, I don't have a dog in the fight!

I have to disagree with you about the ambiance of Euclid, OH.

I was at at a Euclid vs. Ignatius game a few years ago. The stadium itself was fine. But outside of the stadium, Not so much.