Week 13: #3 Westerville South Vs #2 Uniontown Lake

Desales and WS did play in Week 4. Again these 2 ,have played 2 common opponents Desales and Hoover. Westerville beat Desales 28-21 and Hoover 27-21
Lake beat Desales 33-17 and Hoover 35-15. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing!
DeSale's did not play WS this year you are thinking of Dublin Scioto and Lake squeaked by DeSale's 13-7 last week. Thanks for playing

Lake has been the smallest school in their conference for 20 years. Don’t think there is difference between WS and Lake when it comes to being more battle tested.
This is the only year that matters and Lake played 3 Division 3 Schools this year and 4 if you count DeSale's true enrollment wise.

DeSale's did not play WS this year you are thinking of Dublin Scioto and Lake squeaked by DeSale's 13-7 last week. Thanks for playing
I stand corrected, my bad.
Though you seem concerned about divisions. I'm more concerned with the quality of those opponents. Of Westerville's 9 regular season wins. Only 3 came against teams with winning records. They also beat Hoover who had a winning record.
Of Lake's 9 wins, 5 had winning records.Plus the win over Desales.

But we'll find out Friday night for sure

Last edited:
This is the only year that matters and Lake played 3 Division 3 Schools this year and 4 if you count DeSale's true enrollment wise.
I would hope you played mostly a D1 schedule since your the largest D2 team in the state. In fact at 605 boys your one student away from being a D1 school yourself. Thumping your chest that you play up seems a bit odd. I'm surprised you'll even bother yourself with lil 'ol Lake and their 419 boys.

I don't think it matters much to Lake. They play up every week in their conference schedule, so I'm guessing since their still alive, their battle tested plenty.

I would hope you played mostly a D1 schedule since your the largest D2 team in the state. In fact at 605 boys your one student away from being a D1 school yourself. Thumping your chest that you play up seems a bit odd. I'm surprised you'll even bother yourself with lil 'ol Lake and their 419 boys.

I don't think it matters much to Lake. They play up every week in their conference schedule, so I'm guessing since their still alive, their battle tested plenty.
I'm a DeSales Boy we got less than 200 Boys Nobody has played up more than the Stallions over the Years

I'm a DeSales Boy we got less than 200 Boys Nobody has played up more than the Stallions over the Years
Looks like your numbers are off just a bit.... 2022 OHSAA shows DeSales with 344 boys and a CB# of +64 for a total football enrollment # of 408. Not exactly less than 200, but thanks for playing.

Looks like your numbers are off just a bit.... 2022 OHSAA shows DeSales with 344 boys and a CB# of +64 for a total football enrollment # of 408. Not exactly less than 200, but thanks for playing.
Well then we still play up every year with our 64 Ghost Players .
When you put:
Worthington Kilbourne D1
Westerville South D2
St X D1
Covington Catholic ( Kentucky State Champs )
Moeller D1
St Iggy D1

on your Schedule all in one season get back to me about playing up.

SFD has had many many years with schedules like that as mostly a D3 School

Beside our 2 teams I thought DeSales (despite record) would offer the best test and you passed that one. I thought WS would offer the next best and you drew them too, lol. Good luck Lake.

Well then we still play up every year with our 64 Ghost Players .
When you put:
Worthington Kilbourne D1
Westerville South D2
St X D1
Covington Catholic ( Kentucky State Champs )
Moeller D1
St Iggy D1

on your Schedule all in one season get back to me about playing up.

SFD has had many many years with schedules like that as mostly a D3 School
LOL..... funny how just a few posts ago you said "this is the only year that matters" and then you cherry pick some past opponents to build an impressive schedule. Problem is they didn't play that type of schedule this year and maybe that's why they'll be sitting at home this week?

I get it your disappointed your team didn't advance, but to throw shade at the team that sent you home by claiming they play a weak schedule is a bit juvenile. As was your shot at the poster who referenced the two common opponents that WS & Lake played this season, only to mistakenly reference DeSales instead of Dublin Scioto.

DeSales had a solid year...with a juggernaut of a defense. They just didn't have the offense needed to get one more week. Lake may find itself in the exact same position after Friday night. But I'll bet there will be no Lake posters on here trolling WS on their thread with Massillon for week 14.

Right now Lake is focused on WS and I'll turn my focus there as well. Congrats again on a fine season

Last edited:
LOL..... funny how just a few posts ago you said "this is the only year that matters" and then you cherry pick some past opponents to build an impressive schedule. Problem is they didn't play that type of schedule this year and maybe that's why they'll be sitting at home this week?

I get it your disappointed your team didn't advance, but to throw shade at the team that sent you home by claiming they play a weak schedule is a bit juvenile. As was your shot at the poster who referenced the two common opponents that WS & Lake played this season, only to mistakenly reference DeSales instead of Dublin Scioto.

DeSales had a solid year...with a juggernaut of a defense. They just didn't have the offense needed to get one more week. Lake may find itself in the exact same position after Friday night. But I'll bet there will be no Lake posters on here trolling WS on their thread with Massillon for week 14.

Right now Lake is focused on WS and I'll turn my focus there as well. Congrats again on a fine season
Not disappointed . Heck after watching their thrilling 7-2 Victory over Hartley and attending a few other games i knew this season wouldn't go long in the Playoffs. Plus take a close look at their schedule this year. It was pretty demanding .
WS is much more a closer rival to lose to for if nothing else Neighborhood bragging rights. I live 10 minutes from the school.
They are run oriented as you know this year. No real signature Wins or big losses. I expect a 6-7 point game either way.
Their RB who may or may not play actually played at DeSales his freshman year. He played Varsity and did very well as a back up. Kid is very strong and moves the pile. If he don't play as part of their 3 headed running attack its a real issue for WS.
We used him in the 2nd half a lot when Defenses were starting to tire .

Edit: Plus not disappointed as 4 of our stud Wrestlers can now get in the Wrestling room for the important stuff. We got a dynasty to push to the limits in D2 this year.

Last edited:
Not disappointed . Heck after watching their thrilling 7-2 Victory over Hartley and attending a few other games i knew this season wouldn't go long in the Playoffs. Plus take a close look at their schedule this year. It was pretty demanding .
WS is much more a closer rival to lose to for if nothing else Neighborhood bragging rights. I live 10 minutes from the school.
They are run oriented as you know this year. No real signature Wins or big losses. I expect a 6-7 point game either way.
Their RB who may or may not play actually played at DeSales his freshman year. He played Varsity and did very well as a back up. Kid is very strong and moves the pile. If he don't play as part of their 3 headed running attack its a real issue for WS.
We used him in the 2nd half a lot when Defenses were starting to tire .

Edit: Plus not disappointed as 4 of our stud Wrestlers can now get in the Wrestling room for the important stuff. We got a dynasty to push to the limits in D2 this year.

Good luck. But SPG is no joke.

We are 4 points behind them in the Boro Rankings you can find on the Wrestling Forum. We will be well seasoned after Brecksville, Ironman and The Beast of the East.
That’s a nice schedule. Not sure how big of a fan I am of Boro, I tend to find Bucksman a little more accurate. Either way, I most certainly will be rooting for DeSales to knock off the evil empire.