Week 12 (D-6) Region 23 (#13 West Jefferson (5-6) @ #5 Coal Grove Dawson Bryant (7-4)

roughriderpride

WJ will be coming off their best game of the season so far.
They are finally getting healthy and it showed Friday night in every phase of the game.

Coal Grove will be another really good run team that run a lot of mis direction plays out of the Pro and power I.

WJ will run the the spread.

FB_IMG_1666190446940.jpg

CG runs the ball really well behind a big O Line and they have 2 good RB’s.
They run out of the power and pro I with a lot of mis direction stuff.
CG put up 47 points Friday night in just the 2nd half alone against Malvern.
They do give up a lot of points on defense (28.5) a game.
But if you give up a lot on defense you have to be able to score on offense and that they have been able to do averaging (42.1) a game on O.
They have 4 losses to teams with combined records of (34-10) Portsmouth, Gailla Academy,
Ironton & Fairland.
They did have trouble stopping teams that were running the spread at times.
But teams like Malvern, they simply wore them down and started to cause them to make mistakes and then took advantage of their mistakes.

Wj did play their best game of the season last week and having players back and healthy it really showed.
The riders were able to do more on both sides of the ball then they had been able to do all season.
They looked more like a #2 seed then a #14 seed.
This week gets much tougher when they go on the road to Coal Grove to battle a much tougher opponent.

So proud of the boys for not just turning over like they could of!
A 4-6 team that just played in one of the best come from behind games I had ever seen and 2 games in back to back weeks.
3 onside kick recoveries, 33 points scored in the second half with such a young team.
Man, this is going to be a good team next season!
They just couldn’t slow #21 down he is a beast.
WJ kids, it’s a long bus ride home but at all starts over when you get home!