Week 12: Cincinnati Deer Park (4-7) @ Coldwater (9-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coldwater is coming off of a 49-35 embarrassment of a win over (3-8) Delphos Jefferson and Deer Park is coming off a 57-27 win over Country Day. Can we finally play well? If not we'll be packing up equipment

Coldwater 56
Deer Park 14

Coldwater will roll this week. small school ball in Cincinnati is not good.

you guys look vulnerable after tonight and i’m sure Mechanicsburg has to be excited about that.

All any team can ask for is to still be playing in week 12.

I'm thankful for another week.

If we get to week 13 then we will be thankful for that as well, but if the season should end we will appreciate the season, cheer on any MAC teams who move on andook forward to next year.

Hi WingTfan.

I feel it will be a great game, Dp Offense has put up 400+ games in last 6 games Against good teams. defense not so good but getting better.

Coldwater is coming off of a 49-35 embarrassment of a win over (3-8) Delphos Jefferson and Deer Park is coming off a 57-27 win over Country Day. Can we finally play well? If not we'll be packing up equipment

Coldwater 56
Deer Park 14
I don't even know what to make of this Coldwater team. Maybe they're just playing to the level of their competition? They will walk all over DP next Saturday, but they need to start being consistent, or as you stated. They'll be packing up the equipment.

CW 47
DP 13

I feel it will be a great game, Dp Offense has put up 400+ games in last 6 games
Coldwater gave up nearly 500 last night and got the win.

Someone gave the OHSAA the wrong result for the CCD/Deer Park game. Their bracket has CCD at Coldwater, and a 34-3 CCD win for the Deer Park game ?

IMO Coldwater wins but it will be closer than a lot think. Deer Park has some really good athletes. Norey Johnson is a beast. It should be a fun high scoring game.

I recall the other matchup with DP a few years ago they had bowling ball RB who was a bear to bring down. I thought they had severely under used him in that game.

You always have to wonder about the sort of talent a city school will have. Werent they the ones who went undefeated in hoops a few years ago, with all 5 starters that were transfers in that lead to the latest rules regarding transfers?

Any Cincy folk coming up early for the game and want some amazing wings I suggest hitting up McSobers on the western loop of Coldwater. Being a Saturday there should be minimal rush hour traffic but do watch out for some of this:

Deer Park is heavily underrated, lots and lots of speed it appears, another high scoring game for Coldwater this week.
Coldwater 55
Deer Park 31
Just ask Marion Local, CW is known to water the field a bit extra when a speedy team comes to town. Also, I do believe they are not bringing over the goats to 'mow' the field this week so it should be extra long.

IMO Coldwater wins but it will be closer than a lot think. Deer Park has some really good athletes. Norey Johnson is a beast. It should be a fun high scoring game.
thought the last time these 2 teams matched up DP had a D1 TE/DE playing for them. DP tried to slow the game down using as much clock as possible and kept their DB's deep.

Ok, anyone that thinks DP stands a snowballs chance here is delusional. There isn’t anyone that DP has faced this year that could come within 2 scores of Cavball, including Wyoming.
Coldwater 49
Deer Park 14

Ok, anyone that thinks DP stands a snowballs chance here is delusional. There isn’t anyone that DP has faced this year that could come within 2 scores of Cavball, including Wyoming.
Coldwater 49
Deer Park 14
The Park has been held to 14 points or less just twice.

That offense can score, and score a lot and when you look at what CW's defense did with Jefferson then I project CW will need to put up 45+ to beat DP.

We.
Shall.
See.

Coldwater has thrown me off in some of their lesser games this season, namely against DSJ and in Week 11 against Delphos Jefferson. The amount of points they've allowed concerns me. I expect the Cavs to beat Deer Park handily, but if there is one thing you can tell from their box scores, DP can score. I'll be interested to see if CW responds with a solid defensive effort this week, or if they allow themselves to get into another shootout.

You always have to wonder about the sort of talent a city school will have. Werent they the ones who went undefeated in hoops a few years ago, with all 5 starters that were transfers in that lead to the latest rules regarding transfers?
Deer Park is actually its own school district, a more established post WW2 community/first ring suburb. Not part of CPS.

Yes-they did win state in hoops not too long ago. Otherwise their programs bring in the rear more often than not except for Softball is usually strong.

If anyone gets 700 WLW up north, Willie Cunningham is one of their more famous alums.

Coldwater has thrown me off in some of their lesser games this season, namely against DSJ and in Week 11 against Delphos Jefferson. The amount of points they've allowed concerns me. I expect the Cavs to beat Deer Park handily, but if there is one thing you can tell from their box scores, DP can score. I'll be interested to see if CW responds with a solid defensive effort this week, or if they allow themselves to get into another shootout.
Maybe we're allergic to playing well against the city of Delphos ?‍♂️

Deer Park is actually its own school district, a more established post WW2 community/first ring suburb. Not part of CPS.

Yes-they did win state in hoops not too long ago. Otherwise their programs bring in the rear more often than not except for Softball is usually strong.

If anyone gets 700 WLW up north, Willie Cunningham is one of their more famous alums.
Long time WLW listener here.

Within the last year Willie was reading a 'nicely handwritten letter' from a person from Coldwater. He didnt really discuss much of what was in it but did say the guys first name and that he agreed to maybe sometime meet up if he came to the area again. Then Willy talked of his trip to Minster, etc etc etc.

I immediately had a pretty good idea whom it was so I texted his daughter asking if her dad listened to Willy and if he wouldnt written a letter. Within an hour she confirmed that yeah, it was him.

But anways, that is my little bit of fabric (to use a word Gary Burbankank used to use when he added context with a long,boring narrative)

Last edited:
I was watching the MSML game so I didn't see Coldwater vs Delphos. Did Coldwater just check out mentally and move on to week two of the playoffs once they got up 28-0? Sometimes you let a team get some momentum and next thing you know you're in a fight. I don't think Coldwater has a bad defense. Only gave up 3 points to MSML in the 2nd half and held New Bremen to 14 total. I'd expect the Cavs to be ok moving forward.

Coldwater 49
Deer Park 14
Deer Park isn't going to come close AT ALL. It'll be a done deal by halftime. But I have to disagree about Wyoming. Coldwater and Wyoming would be a very good game. They're the one exception in small school Cincinnati area football.

First avoice calls him Gary Eubank and now you say Pits out instead of Pitts off? Our right to know supersedes your right to exist!
Damn. I had just been talking to a eubank....of course I know it's Burbank! He had a good barbeque place back in the day.

Earl Pits beer.....eh.. think I may have one left somewhere.

CW had some good battles with Wyoming. Pope and Hall were some great backs.

1998 was the infamous Due Over play with a direct 14 point turnaround after a bonehead call by the official's.

Someone gave the OHSAA the wrong result for the CCD/Deer Park game. Their bracket has CCD at Coldwater, and a 34-3 CCD win for the Deer Park game ?
And the weird thing is even THAT list on the bracket didn't have the actual score. I thought it was odd because I remembered seeing a DP tweet Saturday night mentioning 56 or whatever points in their first playoff road win in 10+ years