Week 12: #3 Anderson vs #6 Lasalle

Who wins this matchup?

• Anderson

• Lasalle

Results are only viewable after voting.

lancernation_

Looks to be a high-scoring affair in this game. What are your game predictions and/or analysis for this game?

My prediction: Lasalle 38 Anderson 31

I’m going with La Salle. Both teams played a good schedule but I just think La Salle Defense will hold up better than Anderson Defense.

LaSalle should win but I think they will need to put up some points to do so against Anderson. Winning Team needs at least 35 points in this game.

Anderson friends, what is the parking situation over there? It seems my group may need to pile all 8 of us in one vehicle.

Anderson friends, what is the parking situation over there? It seems my group may need to pile all 8 of us in one vehicle.
I see there is not much sitting room for people, is there an away section? My guess is Lasalle is bringing a student section and bringing a decent amount of people.

Last edited:
I see there is not much sitting room for people, is there an away section? My guess is Lasalle is bringing a student section and bringing a decent amount of people.
Our whole season-ticket group is heading out east tomorrow night. As I recall, there are only stands on one side of the field but I'm sure there will be room for all of us.

I'm not an Anderson person but have been there recently. My only experience was a massive track meet while a baseball game was being played. There is an upper lot and what I'll call a side or lower lot. One one of the track meet days I had to park in the medical building complex next door and walk over. There is only one side of stands. There is a decent sized concourse around the stands. I'm sure the concourse is typically active with students however with this being a pretty big time playoff game the stands may be packed.

Our whole season-ticket group is heading out east tomorrow night. As I recall, there are only stands on one side of the field but I'm sure there will be room for all of us.
You are correct that there are only stands on one side of the field. The visitors section is the part of the stands closest to the score board (on the right hand side if you are facing the field from the stands).

Parking - there is a decent sized parking lot on school grounds, but it can take a while to get out of in larger crowds because there is only one exit. It is also possible to park in the lot of the tan brick building (an outpatient center, which isn't in use during game hours). It's further away but has 2 exit points. There's entrances to the field both at the top and back of the stadium. So if you are approaching from the lower/back lot, no need to go around to the front.

Screenshot_20211104-223232.png

La Salle’s defense did a tremendous job against those guys. I was impressed with the young DBs, the freshman had a huge early interception and, man, the Anderson QB is going to have nightmares about JJ Ruffin.

Play of the game IMHO Score is 31-21 both teams been going up and down the field... fourth down and one LS on around their own 25: Gutsy call: LS makeS 9 yards first down. Had we not picked up that first down, Anderson likely would’ve scored a touchdown and the game would’ve been changed big time

La Salle’s defense did a tremendous job against those guys. I was impressed with the young DBs, the freshman had a huge early interception and, man, the Anderson QB is going to have nightmares about JJ Ruffin.
Unfortunately I had to leave early, but that was not the game I expected. You're right, LaSalle's defense rose to the occasion. I've seen Anderson's offense a couple other times and they can be very explosive. They had the drive at the end of the first half and then to begin the second half but that 80 yard TD run after Anderson cut it to 17-14 really was a gut punch to the Redskins, Oooops I mean Raptors. ;)

It was a fun game to watch until I had to leave. I won't say his name but Anderson's one back is a punk. I've seen him three times this year and the kid better get control of that attitude. He's going to end up in some real trouble off the field if he acts like that all the time. He does have some talent but you can be tough without being a jerk. His unsportsmanlike antics take away from his talent.

That was a good win by LaSalle, but Winton Woods does seem like it has come a long way from the beginning of the season and may have come together at the right time during the playoffs.

Unfortunately I had to leave early, but that was not the game I expected. You're right, LaSalle's defense rose to the occasion. I've seen Anderson's offense a couple other times and they can be very explosive. They had the drive at the end of the first half and then to begin the second half but that 80 yard TD run after Anderson cut it to 17-14 really was a gut punch to the Redskins, Oooops I mean Raptors. ;)

It was a fun game to watch until I had to leave. I won't say his name but Anderson's one back is a punk. I've seen him three times this year and the kid better get control of that attitude. He's going to end up in some real trouble off the field if he acts like that all the time. He does have some talent but you can be tough without being a jerk. His unsportsmanlike antics take away from his talent.

That was a good win by LaSalle, but Winton Woods does seem like it has come a long way from the beginning of the season and may have come together at the right time during the playoffs.
Are you talking about the kid who kept firing the ball across the field after kickoff returns and NOT getting flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct? Yes, he seemed to be just asking for trouble all game.

I was happy the 80-yard run came so quickly after that second Anderson TD. The Raptors benefitted from a pretty egregious no call on a clear intentional grounding a play or two earlier on third down

Are you talking about the kid who kept firing the ball across the field after kickoff returns and NOT getting flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct? Yes, he seemed to be just asking for trouble all game.

I was happy the 80-yard run came so quickly after that second Anderson TD. The Raptors benefitted from a pretty egregious no call on a clear intentional grounding a play or two earlier on third down
Yea he did get an unsportsmanlike call early in the game and should have gotten at least one more. Yea that 80 yd td was a ball breaker. The delay for the medical emergency also wasn't good. That seem to have a momentum impact as well. I only heard rumors but I'm not sure what happened. It sounds like it may have been a heart attack with a spectator on the sideline.

Yea he did get an unsportsmanlike call early in the game and should have gotten at least one more. Yea that 80 yd td was a ball breaker. The delay for the medical emergency also wasn't good. That seem to have a momentum impact as well. I only heard rumors but I'm not sure what happened. It sounds like it may have been a heart attack with a spectator on the sideline.
We heard heart attack too AND we heard broken leg and thought whatever it was that it was one of the chain gang. Hope whoever it was is OK.

Winton Woods will have a say in that.
Not a chance. The ECC was incredible done this year. I stand on WW have the weakest team in the last decade. Their good for the ECC but that isn’t win the region good.
Just because Edgewood will be in the final also doesn’t mean they belong their. Lancers will role them. I guessing a running clock in the regional final.

Not a chance. The ECC was incredible done this year. I stand on WW have the weakest team in the last decade. Their good for the ECC but that isn’t win the region good.
Just because Edgewood will be in the final also doesn’t mean they belong their. Lancers will role them. I guessing a running clock in the regional final.
Whoever wins Lasalle and Winton Woods wins region, IMHO

Play of the game IMHO Score is 31-21 both teams been going up and down the field... fourth down and one LS on around their own 25: Gutsy call: LS makeS 9 yards first down. Had we not picked up that first down, Anderson likely would’ve scored a touchdown and the game would’ve been changed big time
Yeah, that play was huge.

Neither team posting stats from this one yet. Was there no room in the press box for them with the cable tv crew in there?

That was the same drive where the officials had trouble counting to 4 and the Anderson TD came on 4th amd 10. Seemed to me that that crew struggled all night. But kudos to the Lancers for not getting baited. Also, the Anderson faithful must love mingling with opposing fans too....all that land on the other side of the field and no visitor stands. Completely ridiculous

That was the same drive where the officials had trouble counting to 4 and the Anderson TD came on 4th amd 10. Seemed to me that that crew struggled all night. But kudos to the Lancers for not getting baited.
That drive was a nightmare to watch from an officiating standpoint.

The sideline guy on our side struggled mightily. There were at least two Anderson catches that were very clearly not catches, including one time when the kid caught the ball while clearly sitting on sideline. It’s a tough gig, though. La Salle wasn’t losing that game because Anderson wasn’t going to stop them.

That drive was a nightmare to watch from an officiating standpoint.

The sideline guy on our side struggled mightily. There were at least two Anderson catches that were very clearly not catches, including one time when the kid caught the ball while clearly sitting on sideline. It’s a tough gig, though. La Salle wasn’t losing that game because Anderson wasn’t going to stop them.
I agree. He did not have a good night. I still maintain that HS football has gotten too fast for just 5 officials. While 5 might work due to availability in the regular season. They need to add two more field officials in the playoffs to help the line judge and down judge out with longer pass plays. Asking them to watch the LOS and then mark and judge completions is just ridiculous.

Neither team posting stats from this one yet. Was there no room in the press box for them with the cable tv crew in there?
I've been wanting to see the stats too. The ECC website often takes a while to upload them, often it's late Sunday or Monday before they do.

I agree. He did not have a good night. I still maintain that HS football has gotten too fast for just 5 officials. While 5 might work due to availability in the regular season. They need to add two more field officials in the playoffs to help the line judge and down judge out with longer pass plays. Asking them to watch the LOS and then mark and judge completions is just ridiculous.
Has to be how he couldn't make the grounding call on that drive. The Anderson QB more or less rolled the ball down the field while being sacked. And yes, the game was moving way too fast for that guy at that point.