Week 11: Mechanicsburg (9-0) vs Coldwater (9-0)

Hey I got close by predicting 33-16 in this one - and even though it was total luck I'm still proud of myself!

Congratulations Cavs - hope you guys and New Bremen can keep it rolling next week.

Ha i am trying not to be a sore loser but you are making it hard on me. Mac fans are usually very gracious and I respect that about that about them. Stop acting like a west Jeffersonian ??? this crow is hard enough to chew on
Lol just giving you a hard time. Neither of us are oblivious. We make predictions and that’s what makes it fun. Still a very good season by Burg

Ha i am trying not to be a sore loser but you are making it hard on me. Mac fans are usually very gracious and I respect that about that about them. Stop acting like a west Jeffersonian ??? this crow is hard enough to chew on
So this is my first post on this thread, why you got to say something about WJ, we was at the Burg, MSML game that year at Burg for a playoff game, we was on the home side cheering on the home team, the whole game all we heard was WJ SUCKS so the Burg fans are no angels, just take that long ride back home like we did and move on, I seem to recall last week in the WJ, Coldwater thread a lot of OHC people got on and was cheering on Coldwater, see what I mean. One more thing, Congratulations to Burg on a great season.

I wonder if Burg's coaching staff considered going for it when it was 4th and two around midfield and the score was 14 to 7. I think it was apparent at that time that the best defense was staying on offense.

I wonder if Burg's coaching staff considered going for it when it was 4th and two around midfield and the score was 14 to 7. I think it was apparent at that time that the best defense was staying on offense.
I’ve said it all along, even though thavoice and a few others have disagreed. You gotta come out of your comfort zone and do something you’re not used to doing to try and beat these guys and I’m not sure that would even work, but it couldn’t have been any worse if they tried to do that. Otten is too good at game planning and CW too good at executing. You gotta try and throw something at them that they aren’t ready for

I’ve said it all along, even though thavoice and a few others have disagreed. You gotta come out of your comfort zone and do something you’re not used to doing to try and beat these guys and I’m not sure that would even work, but it couldn’t have been any worse if they tried to do that. Otten is too good at game planning and CW too good at executing. You gotta try and throw something at them that they aren’t ready for
Tweaks in your game plan?
Yes.
Change it?
No.

You do what you do best, and have been practicing since day one.

Add in a few new plays from formations you run often?
Yes.

Adding in new formations and plays?
Not advised.

It is a fine line in doing what you do best and trying to exploit a weakness.

This is not the NFL where the talent is much closer from bottom to top, and you are full time and can create mismatches.

Tweaks in your game plan?
Yes.
Change it?
No.

You do what you do best, and have been practicing since day one.

Add in a few new plays from formations you run often?
Yes.

Adding in new formations and plays?
Not advised.

It is a fine line in doing what you do best and trying to exploit a weakness.

This is not the NFL where the talent is much closer from bottom to top, and you are full time and can create mismatches.
And we see just how that has been working out for teams ? It would honestly surprise me if CW hasn’t already shined that trophy up and put it on display

The gloating was really a little (actually a LOT) too much... nobody from M'burg did anything to deserve this constant stream of "I told ya so's".
They were calling me oblivious and troll. Of course I’m gonna say I told you so. I mean I’m sorry that you actually thought it would be close as well. The last 2 weeks I have been “oblivious” ”troll” fluffing the conference“ “not knowing anything” when I have damn near hit the final of both games right on the nose. In all honesty though, not to rub anything in, it’s amazing how these teams get played in conference and dominate outside of it. Lowly FR 28-26. If you don’t agree with that, would you say FR is better than WJ or Burg?

Last edited:
They were calling me oblivious and troll. Of course I’m gonna say I told you so. I mean I’m sorry that you actually thought it would be close as well. The last 2 weeks I have been “oblivious” ”troll” fluffing the conference“ “not knowing anything” when I have damn near hit the final of both games right on the nose
It's because you've been over the top in emphasizing your correctness-- if you want to make a prediction, then go ahead-- but how about just letting it play out after that, without getting into constant back-and-forth about how much more accurate your predictions are than theirs-- it's just more than a bit unseemly. I had no idea if it would be close-- I hoped it would-- but you needn't be so harsh in trying to kill the joy of either team's fans, in the anticipation of the game.

It's because you've been over the top in emphasizing your correctness-- if you want to make a prediction, then go ahead-- but how about just letting it play out after that, without getting into constant back-and-forth about how much more accurate your predictions are than theirs-- it's just more than a bit unseemly. I had no idea if it would be close-- I hoped it would-- but you needn't be so harsh in trying to kill the joy of either team's fans, in the anticipation of the game.
I didn’t. This reply you quoted was during the end, once it was already out of hand. I never killed their anticipation of the game. I called this weeks game in the other thread. If I’m wrong, rub it in

I didn’t. This reply you quoted was during the end, once it was already out of hand. I never killed their anticipation of the game
You can post whatever you like-- that's what these boards are (generally) for-- but I think you are overdoing the "See, I was right-- I told you so" theme... it doesn't wear well.

You can post whatever you like-- that's what these boards are (generally) for-- but I think you are overdoing the "See, I was right-- I told you so" theme... it doesn't wear well.
Wear well with who? You? I say if the shoe fits, wear it. Maybe once I’m not oblivious or a troll I’ll just say good game and go on

Wear well with who? You? I say if the shoe fits, wear it. Maybe once I’m not oblivious or a troll I’ll just say good game and go on
Probably every person from M'Burg reading this thread-- and maybe even some of the Coldwater people...

You stirring it back up doesn’t wear well with me. Let it rest. On to next week
If somebody ever needed to let it rest.... you are one guy who thinks your rubbing it in is fine-- and there are (most likely) a SLEW of people on here who wish you'd stop posting "I told you so-- I got it exactly right" over and over again, when they were not even disputing you... the phrase "tone deaf" comes to mind.

If somebody ever needed to let it rest.... you are one guy who thinks your rubbing it in is fine-- and there are (most likely) a SLEW of people on here who wish you'd stop posting "I told you so-- I got it exactly right" over and over again, when they were not even disputing you... the phrase "tone deaf" comes to mind.

I don't quite get his angle. His profile says "Massillon" yet he constantly is telling the world how great the MAC is. His very first post was about the weakest teams in the MAC being better than the best in the state. Never mind the fact Parkway and Minster got blanked by Adena. But alas! Mine is not to reason why. Mine is but to do and die.

Now the CW fans are as bad as the WJ fans, WOW!
I was with wjfan when we came up there to Burg to watch them play MSML where we sat on the Burg side and routed for Burg and we had to hear half the game about how bad that WJ sucked!
Well we both had a shot at a CW team that wasn’t as good as the CW teams of the past from what I heard.
And, we both lost, Burg not as bad but still a rough ride home.
Now, on to next year, congratulations on a great year Burg!

I was with wjfan when we came up there to Burg to watch them play MSML where we sat on the Burg side and routed for Burg and we had to hear half the game about how bad that WJ sucked!
Well we both had a shot at a CW team that wasn’t as good as the CW teams of the past from what I heard.
So the CW fans are bad because you and a west Jeff fan went to Mechanicsburg to watch them play Marion and they were talking about how bad West Jefferson sucked?

They were disputing me. Who cares if there is a “Slew?” Post what you want, I’ll post what I want. I can’t help it you were just as wrong as they were

I don't quite get his angle. His profile says "Massillon" yet he constantly is telling the world how great the MAC is. His very first post was about the weakest teams in the MAC being better than the best in the state. Never mind the fact Parkway and Minster got blanked by Adena. But alas! Mine is not to reason why. Mine is but to do and die.
The MAC is very great! It’s AMAZING what they do. You have seen CW play FR, then CW unleash the wrath the next 2 games. You know, as well as the rest of the state, they are the best. You just won’t admit it. Just watch this week. I got a prediction of 42-14 CW. I’ll come back and talk to you when I am within 3-7 points of the final

The MAC is very great! It’s AMAZING what they do. You have seen CW play FR, then CW unleash the wrath the next 2 games. You know, as well as the rest of the state, they are the best. You just won’t admit it

I've predicted Coldwater to win state and I believe New Bremen will likely beat LCC. I'm still not granting you the weakest teams in the MAC being better than the best in the state.

Hey they were just being brutally honest. I appreciate that. I don’t like things sugarcoated