Week 11: Mechanicsburg (9-0) vs Coldwater (9-0)

I have this as a 1 score game. Mechanicsburg played Anna very well last year down only 14-6 at the half. Dare I remind the Cav faithful what the score was at halftime last year between the Cavs and Rockets. They are quick...small but gritty team. Alot of run stunts in the box. Offensively, they remind me of st. marys Oline running the buck sweep series. CW will need to use that length and leverage advantage on both sides of the ball. Defensively leveraging the edge and tackle well. Provost (sp?) #25 only needs a hole and hes gone with that track speed. Offensively I think we see some new wrinkles to take advantage of Mech. aggressiveness. More draws, screens, throws out in the perimeter and right behind the run stunting Lb's. Run the jet sweep into the passing strength of the formation and allow the WR's to stalk block. Between the tackles... inside zone and traps. Cavs need to take advantage in the passing game with the mismatch in height; especially on the outside. Should be a good ballgame. And in region 22; my Fairview pick is still alive; however it still looks like the defense is the question mark like last year. Suprised CG beat Archbold.

I will add one other thought. If the cavs do feel their best shot is tossing the rock around; dare I say give Reece a few series at QB. I think he is solid throwing the ball. In fact, I think he throws a couple routes really well. They have done that a few times this year but this time, leave Myles in. Whether its at "A", the slot, or X thats another offensive weapon and potential mismatch. Its not a knock on Luke who has really come on of late or Marcel; but you are replacing a sophomore with a senior and arguably, your best athlete.
Did I miss something? Didn’t know the teams from last year were coming back to play in playoffs!!! Should be interesting to see how Hemmelgarn Does after not playing for a year

Thanks for posting this.
Coldwater is #1 in AP, Yappi and, Houseworth's anylitical and the Burg is #2 FWIW, so on paper a good match up. Coldwater is certainly the favorite and feeling good about their run so far. The cavs appear very athletic and had no trouble vs their playoff opponents to this point. Boys from the Burg like a good fight and will compete with all God gave em!

Well, I wish all the luck to Burg in this one!
I wish WJ would of been the 3 seed so both of us would not of had to of had a running clock put on both of our teams.
But at least WJ and Burg both will get our shots at the cavs.
Burg does have the better running attack and edge on D but will still have to play 14 guys on their D to hang with CW.
But look at it this way, the game will be closer then ours went, still a running clock but no 42-7 and you don’t have as far as a drive home as we did.
LOL!
‘But unlike you guys were just hoping we were going to get blown out, we at WJ I’m hope you do win!
Good luck!

Well, I wish all the luck to Burg in this one!
I wish WJ would of been the 3 seed so both of us would not of had to of had a running clock put on both of our teams.
But at least WJ and Burg both will get our shots at the cavs.
Burg does have the better running attack and edge on D but will still have to play 14 guys on their D to hang with CW.
But look at it this way, the game will be closer then ours went, still a running clock but no 42-7 and you don’t have as far as a drive home as we did.
LOL!
‘But unlike you guys were just hoping we were going to get blown out, we at WJ I’m hope you do win!
Good luck!
I don’t think you have this correct– it is highly unlikely that there will be a “running clock” in this game— except in normal circumstances. M’Burg is likely to be much more competitive in this game than you seem to think.

St. Henry held the Cavaliers to just 21 points. New Bremen held them to 24, Ft. Rec held them to 28. The real question here is how good is the Indians defense?
Good luck Indians. Go OHC!

St. Henry held the Cavaliers to just 21 points. New Bremen held them to 24, Ft. Rec held them to 28. The real question here is how good is the Indians defense?
stop CW's QB from running the ball, would be the first step...

The thing about your statement is, all of those you mentioned are MAC teams. We have seen time and time again a MAC team getting played hard in conference then killing teams outside of it

The thing about your statement is, all of those you mentioned are MAC teams. We have seen time and time again a MAC team getting played hard in conference then killing teams outside of it
No disrespect to you or the MAC. Obviously the MAC is top conference is small town football in Ohio(maybe the country) but if you have followed the lower divisions in the past 10-15 years I think you have to give mechanicsburg a little respect. No they have not got over the hump yet but have been very competitive against their MAC opponents. Your comments about killing everyone outside the conference makes me think you are either oblivious or just a troll. I’m sure ole Timmy Goodwin or geron stokes would tell you that the burg is very capable of competing

No disrespect to you or the MAC. Obviously the MAC is top conference is small town football in Ohio(maybe the country) but if you have followed the lower divisions in the past 10-15 years I think you have to give mechanicsburg a little respect. No they have not got over the hump yet but have been very competitive against their MAC opponents. Your comments about killing everyone outside the conference makes me think you are either oblivious or just a troll. I’m sure ole Timmy Goodwin or geron stokes would tell you that the burg is very capable of competing
The last 2 years they have had 30 point losses to the MAC. I do not see a game prior to that they have won either. I’d like to know where you see competitive at? They mainly win more often than not outside of that conference and that isn’t even debatable. I’m not oblivious or a troll. I could be wrong though but that doesn’t classify me as either. You got your opinion they will play with them. I got my opinion CW takes it easily. Doesn’t make either of us oblivious or a troll

Man OhioFB80, we OHC guys get it. You dont respect us and think we will get blown out by the MAC. You are often right, which we admit, but you dont have to rub our faces in it either every chance you get. MAybe just say good luck or you like CW in this matchup.

Ill take a low scoring game, say 21-7 or 24-10 CW. I think Burg plays them tough, and hangs with them, but just cant get over the hump.

But good luck to the Indians from a fellow OHC alum.

Man OhioFB80, we OHC guys get it. You dont respect us and think we will get blown out by the MAC. You are often right, which we admit, but you dont have to rub our faces in it either every chance you get. MAybe just say good luck or you like CW in this matchup.

Ill take a low scoring game, say 21-7 or 24-10 CW. I think Burg plays them tough, and hangs with them, but just cant get over the hump.

But good luck to the Indians from a fellow OHC alum.
all the respect for the BURG .... seen them up close with their battle in the playoffs with Minster, tough , tough kids.... and they have come to Minster over the last few years during two - a days and practiced with the Cats, my boy said last year that they were a year away, because of youth last year..... if the Burg can stop the Cavs QB from running... and be able to POUND out the yards against the Cavs Run D , they can win..... what they can't do is turn the ball over to the Cav's, gosh they are so good on turning turnovers into points... good luck to both teams... i would love to be there, and tonights game between the Cards and the Flyers... dang Covid and De winey with the rules...... :)

The last 2 years they have had 30 point losses to the MAC. I do not see a game prior to that they have won either. I’d like to know where you see competitive at? They mainly win more often than not outside of that conference and that isn’t even debatable. I’m not oblivious or a troll. I could be wrong though but that doesn’t classify me as either. You got your opinion they will play with them. I got my opinion CW takes it easily. Doesn’t make either of us oblivious or a troll
Mechanicsburg gave our Flyers all they could handle a few years back , didn't take the time to look what year, but a guy by the
name I think Romero was their go to guy. QB/running back/linebacker strong man was hard to get down and went to OSU I think to
wrestle...... Very good team that year.......

Mechanicsburg gave our Flyers all they could handle a few years back , didn't take the time to look what year, but a guy by the
name I think Romero was their go to guy. QB/running back/linebacker strong man was hard to get down and went to OSU I think to
wrestle...... Very good team that year.......
I remember that cold, snowy, windy day over in Bellefontaine. It was in 2015 with the final being in favor of ML 9-7. One of the best games I have ever watched. You are correct it was Romero.

2014, 42-41 2OT loss at minster
2015, 9-7 loss vs ML
2016, 23-15 loss vs ML

But at the end of the day, a loss is a loss. Good luck to the boys from the burg. Go shock the FB world!

As far as ohiofootball80 goes, I don’t think he’s meaning any disrespect as he’s just giving facts. The MAC does really well outside of the conference. I really wish the MAC and OHC’s top teams would play each other in out of conference games. That would be fun to see. Minster, Marion Local, and Anna will tell you that Burg plays physical. Sometimes it’s difficult to keep up that type of physicality when players play both ways. Yea Anna beat us by 30 but it was physical in the first half. As far as the St Henry game goes we were flat out dominated.

2015, 9-7 loss vs ML
2016, 23-15 loss vs ML

But at the end of the day, a loss is a loss. Good luck to the boys from the burg. Go shock the FB world!
Given this history of disappointment and M'Burg not being able to get over the hump (while Coldwater has had buckets of success), I think I am going be pulling for M'Burg to pull this one out in a close one-- I usually like to root for CW, as they are ALSO one of my favorite name teams (have been since 1998)-- but it's only just that the lads from M'Burg finally get to taste the sweet nectar of victory finally, in one of these clashes with the MAC-- I'd prefer it wasn't against one of my other favorite teams... but, this is the opportunity.... Either way, I'd like to see the winner go on to claim the state title. Good luck to both teams.

The Burg, with the insight of Coach Stokes from Minster, defeats the finesse team from Buzzard's Glory. The MAC is lucky they have two league foes going against each other this weekend or they would be shut out from a team making the semifinals.

The soft nature of the finesse Cavalier team will be brought to their knees by the power of the Burg. In 2030 I predict many will look at this whoopin' the OHC puts on the MAC as a changing of the guard from the MAC to the OHC in being T H E premiere small school conference in the state.

It was a great ride, but other than the Flyer squad, the MAC reign of dominance is O V E R.

The Burg, with the insight of Coach Stokes from Minster, defeats the finesse team from Buzzard's Glory. The MAC is lucky they have two league foes going against each other this weekend or they would be shut out from a team making the semifinals.

The soft nature of the finesse Cavalier team will be brought to their knees by the power of the Burg. In 2030 I predict many will look at this whoopin' the OHC puts on the MAC as a changing of the guard from the MAC to the OHC in being T H E premiere small school conference in the state.

It was a great ride, but other than the Flyer squad, the MAC reign of dominance is O V E R.
I know you are a well known poster but come on man! Why do you have to poke your fellow MAC posters? We have managed to go the whole week without someone high jacking this thread. No one is questioning the MAC from the Burg or the OHC.

? if that happens I’m playing the lottery. And if I win everyone who likes this post will get a cut.

As far as ohiofootball80 goes, I don’t think he’s meaning any disrespect as he’s just giving facts. The MAC does really well outside of the conference. I really wish the MAC and OHC’s top teams would play each other in out of conference games. That would be fun to see. Minster, Marion Local, and Anna will tell you that Burg plays physical. Sometimes it’s difficult to keep up that type of physicality when players play both ways. Yea Anna beat us by 30 but it was physical in the first half. As far as the St Henry game goes we were flat out dominated.
Thank you. Someone finally gets me. I do not mean any disrespect at all. It’s very hard not to go with CW in this. I know prior games doesn’t really mean much but if you base it off common opponent, CW should pull away in this game. I am in no way disrespecting Burg. If you beat CW and finally get past the MAC monkey I will be happy for you And you will have accomplished something that 99% of other teams wouldn’t have. No one can deny MAC’s dominance out of that conference. Best of luck to you guys and if I’m wrong I’ll admit it but I honestly do not see it happening

2015, 9-7 loss vs ML
2016, 23-15 loss vs ML

how does this years team compare to those teams?

I get it ohiofootball. I had indulged on a fine thirsty Thursday. But at the same time I personally think the burg west Jeff score was a lot closer than how the game actually went. I know mistakes happen to both teams in every game but burg dominated the first half against west Jeff then came out of half in cruise control and west Jeff made a game out of it. There will be no point in the game against CW that burg can take their foot off the gas. All gas, no brakes! Coldwater is the favorite but I will not be surprised if burg can pull it out!