Week 11: Jackson (8-2) @ Euclid (8-2)

Hayden Fox

A rematch from the 2017 playoff where the Polar Bears lost 49-29.

Can the Polar Bears pull off the upset? The defense is much improved from 2017 but can they do enough on O to hang with Euclid?

Euclid’s Stadium is beautiful and I think Jackson will travel well.

Keys to the game.
-control the clock with heavy dose of Ethan Adkins
-Get creative with some plays that will catch Euclid off guard. Jake Ryan at QB in Wildcat?

Congrats to Coach Budd and the team on another playoff appearance. Best of luck Friday.

Budd's done a nice job. He's really helped put down the whispers of "Jackson's just not a football school." I think Euclid has a slight edge in this one, but a Jackson win wouldn't shock me.

Thanks, Hayden. I'll close up my other thread I started last night. I only know about Euclid from the scores I see and the match from two years ago. Seems like they put a ton of points on the board but have a susceptible Defense. I'm hoping our D can slow them down enough that we outscore them, if that makes sense. I agree with your keys but might also add "Win the Special Teams battle".

I believe at all levels combined (Freshmen, JV and Varsity) the record is 24-4 this year, which might be the best in a long time.

Yes, I heard he is a good dual threat QB, that makes the offense go
Valentine rarely runs but when he does he has some nice ability.His arm is where his value is.When Euclid gets the pass going along with their excellent run game in that fast tempo Rotsky loves they are hard to stop.He played last week against Shaker alternating series with another QB

Although there will be no direct impact this weekend, it's bad news for Euclid going forward.

"Euclid voters again reject $5.6M schools levy: See final results"

Feel like this is the norm where the demographics of the community don't really line up in sync with the demographics of the school. Really sort of a double whammy for inner ring communities already going through white flight. You might have a community 50-70% white but the student population is 70% African American and that sometimes creates tension.

As for the game, Euclid handled the bears last time, but Euclid probably isn't a very intimidating place to play. Two different brands of football. I think it will be close but I give Euclid the edge. Maybe 10-14 points.

Although there will be no direct impact this weekend, it's bad news for Euclid going forward.

That is bad news. And after the yuge middle class tax cut and strongest economy in history. What's that tell us? More program cuts and employee wage freezes. What a stark contrast to Jackson. System is broke.

Anyhoo Go Stark County but my sentiments shift a little.

I have picked against the Polar Bears all year. Just didn't believe they had a great team. I am not doing that this time. Picking Stark County in this matchup. Good Luck Jackson.

"Unselfishness, aggression define Jackson's best lineman"

"Mentor scrimmage helps Jackson find its best version"

Jackson runs the ball very well. 2 to 1 rushing yards vs, passing. Adkins has over 1,600 yards rushing. But they can be prone to giving up rushing yards.

Jackson runs the ball very well. 2 to 1 rushing yards vs, passing. Adkins has over 1,600 yards rushing. But they can be prone to giving up rushing yards.
The first part of this statement gives Jackson a fighting chance.The second part makes their task a difficult one due to Euclids three headed running attack.If you sneak up to stack the box they will throw on you.They are very fast and have the ability to hit a homerun at any time with YAC.

The first part of this statement gives Jackson a fighting chance.The second part makes their task a difficult one due to Euclids three headed running attack.If you sneak up to stack the box they will throw on you.They are very fast and have the ability to hit a homerun at any time with YAC.
Looking at stats, Jackson's D is giving up an avg of 13 points per game, 100 yards per game passing/150 running. Great athletes in the secondary at Corner/Safeties has allowed them to throw some extra bodies towards the run since no huge run-stopper this year.

Can Jackson control the clock, limit the big play and win the turnover/special teams battle? If so, they win. Hopefully the Bears can hit a few big plays on Offense as well with the pass.

Major props to the Jackson faithful for their turnout at Euclid yesterday . A Long drive in very cold weather .Polar Bears had a much larger visiting crowd. Euclid had about 100 people and they were the home team!!!! Disgraceful. Complete opposites that tell you a lot about the culture in these two school districts. Even in a loss loved seeing Jackson players standing arm -n arm in front of the band while the band played their alma mater in the stands. Some schools get it. Some are clueless.

Major props to the Jackson faithful for their turnout at Euclid yesterday . A Long drive in very cold weather .Polar Bears had a much larger visiting crowd. Euclid had about 100 people and they were the home team!!!! Disgraceful. Complete opposites that tell you a lot about the culture in these two school districts. Even in a loss loved seeing Jackson players standing arm -n arm in front of the band while the band played their alma mater in the stands. Some schools get it. Some are clueless.
Thanks for the kind words, James. It was a tough loss, one where the chances were there even later into the game. In addition to the obvious inability to convert turnovers into points in the 1st half, the last death knells were the missed PAT (which would have made it a one score game) and the 3rd down conversion in the 4th Qtr. deep in Euclid territory to get them out towards midfield. Jackson came out ready to play, fought to the end and didn't quit. Bitter loss, but Jackson should be proud of all they accomplished for a team not given much of a chance at going .500.

I sat right at the 50, in the top row on the Jackson side, How come the Jackson fans complain so bitterly about the offensive game plan and coaching?