Week 11: Coldwater (8-2) @ Archbold (9-1)

Archbold is coming off of a 38-0 shutout of Wauseon and well Coldwater layed a goose egg against Marion Local. I'd love to say something pleasant and uplifting but the bottom line is this:

1.Our line is struggling to block and is getting blocked on defense.

2. Our QB and receivers aren't on the same page

3. Our defense is struggling to stop anything.

4. We looked like we had no energy or enthusiasm. Hands on hips. Very disappointing to say the least.

5. If these things continue, we will be practicing basketball in week 12.

I would like to see the MAC team win this of course. It’s noteworthy that, while Coldwater is merely limping into the playoffs, having been trounced twice in the final three regular season games, it’s also true that the Cavs beat an excellent Minster team and easily disposed of the WBL co-champ Kenton earlier in the season.

This is a good draw for CW as it allows them to regroup and get back to winning before having to collide with powerhouse Anna or Minster. Good luck Cavs!

Archbold is coming off of a 38-0 shutout of Wauseon and well Coldwater layed a goose egg against Marion Local. I'd love to say something pleasant and uplifting but the bottom line is this:

1.Our line is struggling to block and is getting blocked on defense.

2. Our QB and receivers aren't on the same page

3. Our defense is struggling to stop anything.

4. We looked like we had no energy or enthusiasm. Hands on hips. Very disappointing to say the least.

5. If these things continue, we will be practicing basketball in week 12.
Plus your kicker who also plays on the d - line is injured.

Unfortunately, the injured player needed a good amount of assistance to walk out of the stadium last night. I won’t be surprised if he’s done for the year.

Unfortunately, the injured player needed a good amount of assistance to walk out of the stadium last night. I won’t be surprised if he’s done for the year.
Very unfortunate for Blake Dippold. Did any of you notice how long it was taking for the referees to blow the play dead? It's the same problem referees had in our games last year.

Wasn't surprised to see Archbold beat Wauseon....but was really surprised by the score. Archbold also has a win against a very good D5 Liberty Benton team. Hard to pick against the MAC, but Archbold at home.....think the Streaks take this one

Archbold is finally back to full strength. They have had 3-4 starters out with injuries since week 3 including the stud RB Gomez who missed both the Patrick Henry and Liberty Center games (their only loss).

Having watched both teams play 3 times this year I thought coming in it was a "pick em" game. A healthy Gomez and a healthy offensive line made a huge difference last night and possibly next week as well for the Streaks.

The MAC is always great but the Streaks at home could hang around in this one til the very end.

On the flip side...Wauseon puts their whole season into the Archbold game...not sure they will be able to recover from that beat down last night.

Noah Miller and Jake Hemmelgarn had official visits to Bowling Green today
As a BGSU grad myself...I would have been more impressed if you would have said they had official visits to the University of Findlay today...lol

All joking aside, I may have to make the drive over to Archbold Friday Night to watch these two young men play for the Cavs.

As a BGSU grad myself...I would have been more impressed if you would have said they had official visits to the University of Findlay today...lol

All joking aside, I may have to make the drive over to Archbold Friday Night to watch these two young men play for the Cavs.
Hopefully we actually play like the name on our jerseys and not like a lifeless bunch like I saw yesterday

Hopefully we actually play like the name on our jerseys and not like a lifeless bunch like I saw yesterday
Idk where to begin statechamp. For the 2nd year in a row, the Cavs are regressing. Smoke and mirrors earlier by the coaches catching UpTo them? I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Head hanging and an overall lack of physicality on both sides of the ball with few exceptions. Emohasize the fundamentals. Incorporate physicality in every drill that's possible. Challenge the kids and find out who wants to play Cavball. Archbold is a very good team that is hitting it's groove. Play with pride.

Isnt this the third CW vs Archbold post season matchup in the last calender year with the boys from Buzzards Glory upsetting the Streaks in hoops and baseball?

All we can hope for is the boys come out with enthusiasm, desire, heart and just lay it all out in the field and hopefully delay the start of hoops for another week.

CW’s going to regain its swagger this week and come out swinging on Friday:

CW - 32
A - 13

Archbold has an embarrassment of riches right now. A senior heavy line and some of them are 3 year starters, their very talented junior QB who started last year was replaced by an even more talented dual threat sophomore QB early in the season. While their top RB was hurt the backup developed nicely. So, they can now come at you with a dual threat spread package, wildcat with their old QB, or a double wildcat with both RB’s in a zone read similar to what they used 2 years ago w/ twin brothers. Several good receivers but one has true breakaway deep threat speed. A fast defense that flows well and is hard to find a weakness.

Not a fan of Coldwater, just have much respect built up for them after scrimmaging them and watching so many games. Coldwater is a great program, but this team isn’t that same Coldwater team. The players have no energy. They aren’t playing with effort, or normal Coldwater effort. It is like none of them want to be there. Like the whole team is burnt out of football. I can’t see Coldwater losing in the first round, but with how the team looks and how good Archbold is, it is plausible.

Alright Coldwater Football players, I dont know what's going on in the locker room or if you even read this forum but if you dont talk out whatever is bothering you guys, then this downward slide will continue. This reminds me of 2011 just without the booing and calling for the JV and so on. On Thursday at the captain's meeting, talk everything out and mend yourselves or you will regret it the rest of your lives. In case you have forgot what you are playing for, well maybe this will remind you:

Idk where to begin statechamp. For the 2nd year in a row, the Cavs are regressing. Smoke and mirrors earlier by the coaches catching UpTo them? I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Head hanging and an overall lack of physicality on both sides of the ball with few exceptions. Emohasize the fundamentals. Incorporate physicality in every drill that's possible. Challenge the kids and find out who wants to play Cavball. Archbold is a very good team that is hitting it's groove. Play with pride.
Fire Otten!

We'll take him. lol

Archbold has an embarrassment of riches right now. A senior heavy line and some of them are 3 year starters, their very talented junior QB who started last year was replaced by an even more talented dual threat sophomore QB early in the season. While their top RB was hurt the backup developed nicely. So, they can now come at you with a dual threat spread package, wildcat with their old QB, or a double wildcat with both RB’s in a zone read similar to what they used 2 years ago w/ twin brothers. Several good receivers but one has true breakaway deep threat speed. A fast defense that flows well and is hard to find a weakness.
Sounds like with all of those weapons that CW is poised for a first round exit.
If every thing goes perfectly it may be possible that CW could pull off this monumental upset. It won't quite be David slaying Goliath, but CW has a slim shot to shock the Streaks in their own house. This is why they play the games. No one thought Appalachian State could beat Michigan either, but they shcoked the world.

Now it's in CW's hands if they can shock D6 and region 23 and pull of this shocking upset.

Sounds like with all of those weapons that CW is poised for a first round exit.
If every thing goes perfectly it may be possible that CW could pull off this monumental upset. It won't quite be David slaying Goliath, but CW has a slim shot to shock the Streaks in their own house. This is why they play the games. No one thought Appalachian State could beat Michigan either, but they shcoked the world.

Now it's in CW's hands if they can shock D6 and region 23 and pull of this shocking upset.
Thavoice

I love the Lou Holtz woe is me outlook on this...lol. Everyone who knows anything about football knows that Coldwater is probably a 3 Touchdown favorite in this game based on history, schedule, and mental toughness.

While Archbold does have an abundance of skill players with a ton of talent...which they also had in basketball last year(District Upset)...and in baseball (Cavs Regional win)...I am not sure that NWOAL teams have the mental toughness as do MAC schools.

I am quite certain the upset would be if the Streaks could knock off the Perennial State Power Cavaliers. Could be a fun night and as stated earlier I may make the drive over to see the 2 BGSU recruits.

Thavoice

I love the Lou Holtz woe is me outlook on this...lol. Everyone who knows anything about football knows that Coldwater is probably a 3 Touchdown favorite in this game based on history, schedule, and mental toughness.

While Archbold does have an abundance of skill players with a ton of talent...which they also had in basketball last year(District Upset)...and in baseball (Cavs Regional win)...I am not sure that NWOAL teams have the mental toughness as do MAC schools.

I am quite certain the upset would be if the Streaks could knock off the Perennial State Power Cavaliers. Could be a fun night and as stated earlier I may make the drive over to see the 2 BGSU recruits.
Coldwater can be def. if a team has a good rushing attack and can control the los. Coldwater is not big physically esp. in the back 7. One thing Marion Local does well is make Coldwater one dimensional the Flyers take away the QB runs, even when Hoying was QB ML was not going to allow the QB beat them running the football. If Coldwater was going to beat ML it was by throwing the football. However the Flyers are very well coached and to stop the QB running the football is easier said than done.

Last edited:
Thavoice

I bet if Noah Miller got an offer that let him both play Baseball and Football at BG, he'd sign immediately. His baseball skills are out of this world and I'd love to see him attempt both. He wears #86.

Coldwater did end up with a pretty good seeding, all things considered. Sure, Archbold can win this game, but I think the preference for a Coldwater team that is out of sync and perhaps lacking confidence now would be to avoid Anna, Minster, and LCC until the Regional finals. That give the Cavs two games to get back to the team that beat Minster by 18 points. Maybe they can't recapture it at this point and will bow out this week, but they did seem to get a good seeding considering the difficult region they are in.

Coldwater can be def. if a team has a good rushing attack and can control the los. Coldwater is not big physically esp. in the back 7. One thing Marion Local does well is make Coldwater one dimensional the Flyers take away the QB runs, even when Hoying was QB ML was not going to allow the QB beat them running the football. If Coldwater was going to beat ML it was by throwing the football. However the Flyers are very well coached and to stop the QB running the football is easier said than done.
Coldwater had the 2nd best passing attack in the MAC and the 4th best running game.