Week 11 Clinton Massie VS Valley View

This should be a game that is played every year, We have open dates for up coming years week 1-3 Way better than E Clinton. SBAAC was a let down this year. CM needs better quality games, some are just not providing competition, (E Clinton,Blanchester, Miami Trace etc) Not saying they can play team like Hartley, Coldwater, every week.. Just would love to see more D4 regional games. All teams team we know can score, but Defense wins games this time of year. Massie D with the WIN

Massie doesnt have the sheer size that most have come accustomed to. But they have much more athleticism than usual. Especially defensively they fly around to the ball. Lamb is a beast that will carry the load but they have 4 or so other dudes that can house it on any given play.

#4 on the DL impressed me a ton when we played them. Didnt recognize him from previous years but he was a terror.

Valley View has been extremely confusing this season. They had the talent to go 10-0 but you really had no idea what to expect every Friday. Some nights they looked like a state contender and other nights they looked like a 4-6 team. Having said that

if VV is able to run their offense the way they have for the past 30 years this game will be closer than most all expect. If they come out flat... oh boy.
35-21 CM but I wouldn’t count out VV just yet. Very rarely does this program get steamrolled in the playoffs. I think they’ll be ready

Valley View has the offense to keep this game competitive. The Spartans can put up points. The three things that hurt Valley View more than anything are starting games slow, penalties, and turnovers. If you do those three things against Clinton Massie, this game will get ugly in a hurry. As IRLMN mentioned, it's just been a confusing season at times. The first 5 games Valley View was looking at a higher seed and playoff success. In some of their latter games, they look like a team that maybe shouldn't make the post season. I'm predicting the worst while hoping for the best:

Clnton Massie 35
Valley View 14

Again, look past Milton. That’s exactly what they want.
Wyoming is a great team but Milton is a great team when healthy.

Massie doesnt have the sheer size that most have come accustomed to. But they have much more athleticism than usual. Especially defensively they fly around to the ball. Lamb is a beast that will carry the load but they have 4 or so other dudes that can house it on any given play.

#4 on the DL impressed me a ton when we played them. Didnt recognize him from previous years but he was a terror.
#4 was a Massie kid that moved away in jr high or early high school, but came back his senior year. Not sure on why he originally moved but has been a big welcomed surprise...kid has played lights out all year.

I thought I had read this earlier in the season as well, that CM had more speed than usual. Are they still a physically dominant team like year's past? Similar offense?

Hear the game on WALHRadio.com. Pre game at 6:30, and Kick-off at 7 PM. This is a Sat night game. Ryan Hosch will handle the play-by-play, and Roger Barber will have the color. Pick up the game on computer, smart phone, or tablet, anywhere in the world. Call your out-of town friends and let them know where to tune in for all the action.

massie needs to just focus on valley view....and not possibly waynesville or wyoming in the upcoming weeks...massie is coached well and focused...one game at a time......

I thought I had read this earlier in the season as well, that CM had more speed than usual. Are they still a physically dominant team like year's past? Similar offense?
Massie is still Massie. Runs the bone 40-50 times. Grind grind grind. Massie has several running back besides Lamb who can run has well. Last week 3 backs over 100 yards your dealing fresh backs all the time. Massie’s D has been stiller in big games this year. Avon lake game was within seconds of a Big win, but it didn’t happen. The team understands if they play together they can compete at a high levels in big games. Hartley game, Massie worn them down by the 4th q Hartley was gassed. Massie D is fast to the ball and tackles very well. DB are solid basketball players types. D line get their shares of tackles. Yes we have sophomores all over the field, but they stepped up and are contributing to the team The future looks bright

can't think of many instances where a swbl team has had post season success vs a school that pounds relentlessly..on form c-m should cruise.

massie needs to just focus on valley view....and not possibly waynesville or wyoming in the upcoming weeks...massie is coached well and focused...one game at a time......
Agreed one game at a time. I for one still can’t understand what happen last year. Maybe the worst game that I have seen from a Massie team in years. No let downs this year, we know what we can do.Together!

Agreed one game at a time. I for one still can’t understand what happen last year. Maybe the worst game that I have seen from a Massie team in years. No let downs this year, we know what we can do.Together!

My guess would be that Massie overlooked London as expected. Too many years of pounding London in the SCOL left many with the expectation that they would be a pushover....

I think VV is better than some may think. I also think the SWBL is better than people think. Better watch out for these teams.

Being honest about Valley View, I see them as the clear underdog in this game. But at the same time, they have the offense that is capable of making this a competitive football game. The Spartans can score points, it's the defensive side of the ball that'll tell the tale against Clinton Massie.

The fact that Valley View had a hard time vs a 4-6 Ft Recovery team tells me that CM should roll big time.

To be fair, that's like me saying the fact that Clinton Massie had a hard time against Fenwick tells me all I need to know. Over a 10 team season, I don't take a lot away from the fact that CM only beat Fenwick by a score. At the time of the Fort Recovery game, that did look like a nice win for VV. Obviously in Week 10 it looks a lot different than it did in Week 2.

I've only seen Valley View one time this year so it may not be fair for me to share my opinion, as they could have just had a bad game. It was week 9 against Eaton. VV was not that impressive. They had some success passing, but at critical points of the game the success they had was with the QB running the ball. They also had a lot more success when Eaton gassed out towards the end of the game, as it was a close game until late in the ball game. These are 2 areas where I don't think Clinton Massie will struggle. On top of that, Eaton was able to run the ball a lot better than I expected them to.

The fact that Valley View had a hard time vs a 4-6 Ft Recovery team tells me that CM should roll big time.
That's a totally different game. Depends on what VV team shows up. Just because they struggled with one team doesn't mean another team will Roll Big. VV has a good team if the team shows up to play. Should be a good game

Obviously I'm a Falcon fan. But I think this CM team is special. My kids are long gone from the Lebanon road games,; However, In my opinion this team in this game in this Region in this Division has as much chance to bring a State Championship home as any Massie team in the last 9 years.

Obviously I'm a Falcon fan. But I think this CM team is special. My kids are long gone from the Lebanon road games,; However, In my opinion this team in this game in this Region in this Division has as much chance to bring a State Championship home as any Massie team in the last 9 years.

For what it's worth, I believe CM is the favorite in R16 too. I know many would give the nod to Wyoming due to them being the defending state champion, but I do think this region is CM's to lose.

last year Big Dan was on medical leave and couldn't coach the team even though he was there. That void made a huge difference. When the initial game plan wasn't working , no one made the adjustments needed.

Clinton-Massie coach Dan McSurley will be the pre-game guest on WALHRadio show at 6:30. Kick-off at 7PM. At half time Matt Andrews will be the guest. He is the side line reporter for the Buckeyes, on the Buckeye Network. This is a Sat night game @ Frank Ireland Field, home of the Falcons.