Week 11 Cincinnati Summit Country Day @ West Jefferson

JPEG_20191101_181705_.jpg

Jones finished up week 10 ending up with 196 carries for 2,050 yards (10.4) & 27 tds.
Buescher ended up going 118 for 164 (72%) for 1,968 yards and 26 tds & 1 int.
Real balanced for sure!
still a lot to work on in practice all week this week, play calling, tackling ETC. we got to get better or it’s one and done!

Jones finished up week 10 ending up with 196 carries for 2,050 yards (10.4) & 27 tds.
Buescher ended up going 118 for 164 (72%) for 1,968 yards and 26 tds & 1 int.
Real balanced for sure!
still a lot to work on in practice all week this week, play calling, tackling ETC. we got to get better or it’s one and done!

You are a true fan. Hiding behind a screen name to question play calling and coaching. But I can assure you that you’ll one of the first guys standing along the fence line when West Jeff wins this region saying “Hey good job coaches”

You are a true fan. Hiding behind a screen name to question play calling and coaching. But I can assure you that you’ll one of the first guys standing along the fence line when West Jeff wins this region saying “Hey good job coaches”
Not hiding from nothing chief, just stating the facts and hope this helps to fire ? up the team some.
I don’t stand by the fence cause I can’t see nothing down there.
Have you heard others on here saying the same stuff?
Let’s work on tackling especially it has been the worse I have seen from any WJ team.
But no, when they win, I applaud and just go home listening to some others saying the same things that I said on the way out, (fans, parents, grandparents ETC.
If they win the region, maybe I’ll wash the coaches cars! ? LOL

West Jeff has a nice first round matchup in this game. I agree with everyone else that they should win comfortably in Week 11. I'll go with:

WJ 49
Summit Country Day 14

This will be a great first round matchup for WJ!

Summit Country Day started the season off at 8-0 but then lost their final 2 Miami Valley Conference games .
The Knights are led by senior QB (#4) (6' 170) Jimmy Stines who threw for 2,693 yards on 173 of 248 passing 69.8 % 22 TD's & 6 INT's.
He also had 62 carries for 375 yards 6.0 with 6 TD's.

They also have a good running game with senior, RB (#5) (5' 9" 180) Ellis Ramsey 118 carries for 1,162 yards 9.8 & 7 TD's.
Ramsey also had 33 catches for 338 yards 10.2 avg. with 2 TD's.

Leading WR is (#12) senior, BT Tolble (6' 2" 180) who had 58 catches for 993 yards 17.1 & 10 TD's.
He also ran 23 times for 305 yards 13.3 avg. & 3 TD's.

(#1) Junior, Gates Flynn (6' 3" 180) had 35 catches for 639 yards 18.3 avg. & 5 TD's.
(#8) Junior, Brennan Riley (6' 2" 180) also had 32 grabs for 547 yards 17.1 & 4 TD's.

The Knights defense is really good as well, their defense had 3 shutouts and held 1 opponent to just 6 points.
Their defense is led by senior (#60) DT (6' 265), Matthew Warden, who finished with 15 sacks.

(#9) Senior, LB (5' 11" 210) Jack McDowell finished with 12.5 sacks 4 FF and a FR.

(#21) Senior, CB (5' 10" 180) Amir Johnson had 6 INT's, 5 FF & 1 FR in just 7 games but not sure if he is playing or not!

The Knights also have a great punter in junior, (#13) (6' 180) Graham Nicholson who has an avg. of 47.7 avg. and had 7 punts inside the 20.
His longest punt on the season was a 68 yarder!

So as you can see on offense, they are very accurate throwing the football and are avg. 269 yards a game threw the air and are avg. 8.2 yards a carry running the ball.
WJ will have trouble with their tall WR's.
Their O and D lines are not as big as WJ's but are athletic and they don't have the depth.

The Knights can get after you on defense and get to the QB and force the QB to make bad throws!
Special teams will punt and keep you deep in your own territory.

Watching them on tape, I don't see a big win either way I do see a close game.

Good luck to WJ. i saw you play twice this year and came away impressed both times. The Jones kid is a stud. And the QB is not far behind him. You guys have as good a chance as any to win the region.

I'll take WJ 48 (nobody has stopped them this year) SCD 17 (D can be scored on at times) .
But SCD has not played the schedule WJ has. If WJ played SCD schedule, they would have led the state in scoring and probably had 4-5 shutouts themselves.

Here's Summit's all time won loss record in the playoffs 2-9:
Summit Country Day (Cincinnati)
11/9/1985 (Reg Semi) L 10-16 vs. Bishop Fenwick (Middletown)
11/8/1996 (Reg Semi) L 20-28 vs. Minster (Minster)
11/3/2000 (Reg Qrtf) L 13-41 vs. Cedarville (Cedarville)
11/6/2010 (Reg Qrtf) L 6-43 vs. West Jefferson (West Jefferson)
11/4/2011 (Reg Qrtf) L 7-79 vs. Pleasant (Marion)
11/3/2012 (Reg Qrtf) W 35-27 vs. Triad (North Lewisburg)
11/10/2012 (Reg Semi) L 14-58 vs. Covington (Covington)
11/8/2013 (Reg Qrtf) W 55-28 vs. Cincinnati Country Day (Cincinnati)
11/15/2013 (Reg Semi) L 13-21 vs. West Liberty-Salem (West Liberty)
11/7/2014 (Reg Qrtf) L 10-38 vs. Tri-County North (Lewisburg)
11/4/2016 (Reg Qrtf) L 10-41 vs. Jefferson (Delphos)

Summit only played a 9 game season winning 7 and losing 2. Of the 7 they won 5 were against teams with a 5-5 record or below with one team going 0-10. The MVC isn't normally competitive in the post season. CHCA sometimes has a run and with the addition of Roger Bacon you might see them make a run once in awhile but for the most part MVC can be fun to watch(at times they can also be pretty ugly to watch) but they lack depth on most of the teams so come tourney time they usually get manhandled by the MAC or farm teams up north. Unfortunately I see another score similar to West Jefferson's 2010 win over the Silver Knights.

#12 Tolble is the best player for Summit. He is a great athlete and plays both ways. The only way the Knights can keep it close is for him to go off. The other kids are nice pieces but nothing special. The K/P is the real deal. He will boot the ball through the back of the end zone on kickoffs and can punt the ball 50+ yards. He could be a D1 kid.

Tonka, 100% agree on the kicker. May be the best I've seen in high school in a loooong time. He hit a 37 yard FG against CHCA that would have been good from 60

Okay it's Thursday and I'm gett'n really, really excited for another year of HS playoff football!!!!

Home games are certainly a plus, although WJ did get bumped at home last year in 1st round.

This year team quite a bit different. The offense has been humming along each week as the Jones/Buescher combo has not really been stopped or held below 40 points except by their 2 toughest opponents WLS & BURG whom they went 1-1 with and who also happen to be OHC playoff representatives.

While the offense (also include KO & punt returns) has been stellar, the 3 potential weaknesses seem to be defense at times; KO coverage and Extra points. I am sure the staff and kids will be working hard to clean up what they can.

The seniors on WJ team are currently 33-11 (4-6 freshman year) and this is their 3rd appearance in playoff football (currently 2-2 in playoffs). They did make regional final game in '17 before getting hammered by Madison.

We will see if they can answer the call and move into week 12!!!

I would have to believe the sheer size of WJ and the running game is the difference. I was shocked to see the SCD stats, 2700 passing and with a 1200 yard rusher...5000 yards of total offense in 9 games. Yes, I know the competition for SCD may not have been what WJ had but those are still impressive stats.

Here are a few more stats from www.westjeffersonathletics.com stats by coach Matt Adams.

Special Regular Season Notes:

Gabe Jones

• Highest rushing yards in game: 364 yards vs. Mechanicsburg
  • Highest points scored in a season: 206 Points (current)
  • Currently Second highest rushing yards in a season: 2050 yards (current record is 2162 yards by Ron Mast 1989)
  • Longest rushing touchdown: 99 yards vs. Greeneview
  • Longest kick return touchdown: 96 yards vs. West Liberty Salem
  • Longest punt return touchdown: 89 yards vs. Northeastern
  • Additional 2019 Offense: 16 receptions for 240 yards and 4 TDs
  • Additional 2019 Defense: 34 total tackles (29 solo), 2 sacks, 4 TFLs, 5 PD and a 55 yard interception return from touchdown
  • Career Rushing: 486 Att. – 4135 Yds – 8.5 Avg – 53 TDs
  • Career Receiving: 46 Rec. – 844 Yds – 18.3 Avg – 13 TDs
  • Career Scoring: 71 TDs – 2 PATs – 430 Points
Tyler Buescher

• Highest Passing Percentage in a season: 118 Completions – 164 Attempts, 72% (current) with 26 TDs and only 1 interception
  • Currently Second highest passing touchdowns in a season: 26 TDs (current record 29 TDs by Lance Lambert 2017)
  • Currently eighth Highest passing yards in a season: 1968 (current)
Tyler Oberle

Currently sixth highest receiving yards in a season: 737 yards

Defense 2019: Second on team with 52 total tackles (34 solo), 6.5 TFLs

But here are a few things that have been really hurting the riders that they have to clean up!

PAT Made - Attempted (48 - 59) *
Two Point Conversions Made - Attempted (3 - 14) *
Points lost- 33
Lost the WLS game by 4 points, they missed 4 PAT's that night!

Fumbles- 7
Fumbles lost- 7
TD's- 1

Penalties-70 *
Yards- 667 *

TACKLING!!!!!

^^^
Missed 1 PAT vs WLS. Missed 3 two-point conversions. Not that it really matters at this point, just thought I’d clarify. WJ tried to play catch-up with the conversions after the missed PAT

^^^
Missed 1 PAT vs WLS. Missed 3 two-point conversions. Not that it really matters at this point, just thought I’d clarify. WJ tried to play catch-up with the conversions after the missed PAT
It’s funny that you brought that up cause we the fans were like why are you chasing points kick the extra point