Week 11: #5 Steubenville (6-3) @ #4 Aurora (10-0)

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Community Focus Television is covering the game as well. They show it delayed at 1030pm in the Aurora area. They also provide a link on twitter. All you have to do is follow Community Focus on twitter and you will get the link. The production is very professional with great graphics and replay.

That’s called home field advantage.

Never heard this before. So you are saying a small number of seats is a home field advantage? Sounds like a disadvantage to me, or at least something that will cost your district in lost revenue. "That small quiet crowd sure will be an advantage Friday night...." ... Huh

Never heard this before. So you are saying a small number of seats is a home field advantage? Sounds like a disadvantage to me, or at least something that will cost your district in lost revenue. "That small quiet crowd sure will be an advantage Friday night...." ... Huh
My guess is that with the standing room only against the fence, there should be 6 or 7 thousand on hand. I don't think it will be a quiet crowd. My guesstimate takes into consideration a nice size crowd from Steubenville. How many will Big Red bring up North?

My guess is that with the standing room only against the fence, there should be 6 or 7 thousand on hand. I don't think it will be a quiet crowd. My guesstimate takes into consideration a nice size crowd from Steubenville. How many will Big Red bring up North?

Yah, I am not sure how too few seats are any kind of advantage for anyone, but me and 4999 of my closest friends will be there, so unless Aurora only has 2000 fans, I think you estimate is very "light"

Yah, I am not sure how too few seats are any kind of advantage for anyone, but me and 4999 of my closest friends will be there, so unless Aurora only has 2000 fans, I think you estimate is very "light"
Looking forward to hosting you and your Big Red friends. Greenmen Nation awaits your arrival. Should be a great atmosphere!

Nice crowd traveled to Columbus for the DeSales game. My guess is that the visitor side was about 1/2 to 2/3 full with listed capacity at 3000. Weather forecast may adversely affect attendance but my wife and I will be their rooting for the Red. Looking for an exciting game against the Green and Red.

Well google ohio stadiums and see. I didn't make up the #
Screenshot_20191107-195931_Chrome.jpg

Big Red will travel well, should be a packed house. Love seeing a huge crowd for a Highschool football game.

Steubenvilles thousands of rabid fans fit just fine in Minerva stadium couple years ago.Every year same whining.Next they will be complaing of no Italian restaraunts in Aurora,of which Steubenville boasts 2.

Steubenvilles thousands of rabid fans fit just fine in Minerva stadium couple years ago.Every year same whining.Next they will be complaing of no Italian restaraunts in Aurora,of which Steubenville boasts 2.
I'm sitting here thinking, "Surely, that's not right, Steubenville has more than just two Italian Restaurants right?" All together I count 6,
The two you're thinking of would be: Scaffidi's and Naples, but I'd also include Capri's, Manfred's, Gina's (on Sunset), and Pittara's (you probably weren't including pizza places, but... :D ) Capri's isn't a sit down restaurant, and I guess Manfred's isn't categorized as Italian, and Gina's is Carry out too, so I guess technically you're right!

I'm sitting here thinking, "Surely, that's not right, Steubenville has more than just two Italian Restaurants right?" All together I count 6,
The two you're thinking of would be: Scaffidi's and Naples, but I'd also include Capri's, Manfred's, Gina's (on Sunset), and Pittara's (you probably weren't including pizza places, but... :D ) Capri's isn't a sit down restaurant, and I guess Manfred's isn't categorized as Italian, and Gina's is Carry out too, so I guess technically you're right!
DiCarlo's (downtown), DiCarlo's (W'ville border), Bruno's, Malta's, Rubi's ... all of these places have more Italian food than just pizza and are all locally owned. Then there are obviously chains like Vocelli's and Dominoes. Steubenville may not have a lot, but the Italian eateries per capita has to be among the most in the country. lol

Now, one thing I will agree with is that we don't travel like we did in the 1980s. It is the same reason we went from being Division II to fluctating between Divisions III and IV. We have a dwindling, aging population. Some of Big Red's most passionate fans are no longer able travel 2-3 hours, sit out in freezing weather for 3 hours and then drive back home. The days of Big Red setting state attendance records are behind us.

Still an extremely large fanbase for any school, let alone a small one.

Congrats to Aurora, your coaches figured out where Big Red was weakest and exploited it the entire game. Not Big Red's year, had a good team but needed a much better pass defense, something to work on for next year. I would also like to congratulate Crawford for passing the 2000 yard rushing mark in a 10 game season - the second highest rushing mark for a Big Red back. Only Puck Burgwin surpassed him in 1931 by rushing for 2,126 yards in 9 games.

This was a fun game. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought battle. Stuebenville travelled well but there were a lot of empty seats over there so capacity was not an issue.

Upon further review, watching the game replay, ineligible receiver call that helped stop Big Red’s final drive seems to have been imaginary. You can clearly see all five interior linemen behind the line, and formation was good. The ejection was questionable also.

Does anyone actually know who the ineligble receiver was? Looked like he threw flag when 22 and 20 crossed the 3 yard Mark. Love to hear an explanation on why the flag was thrown.

You have to feel for Crawford. No help what so ever. Quarterback can’t and couldn’t pass downfield all year. Secondary played their usual horrendous game. If Steubenville had any kind of a secondary at all and just a tiny bit of help in the downfield passing game they win this game easily. Screen passes just don’t work when you have no downfield threat. They played the same dbacks all year and they were horrible all year. Why not try others , couldn’t have been worse than what was playing . Favoritism ? Politics ?