Week 10: West Jefferson (7-1) @ Coldwater (8-0)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing going for wj this game is that this will be the best throwing QB that CW has seen in the series.
Also, wj does have more then 1 WR to go to unlike in the past games, they have 3 they can go to.
The running game has been improving game by game for wj.

Yes I know CW is good, and yes it will come down to coaching where CW will be better and WJ has to get better.
And WJ cannot have the penalties and turnovers to compete in this game.
The biggest thing for WJ will be the players have to know in their heads that they can win this game, PERIOD!

WJ belongs in this game, don't disrespect them by saying a running clock for CW.
WJ lost their entire O-line, 1 of them 1st team all state not to mention D-5 player of the year in Gabe Jones at RB and they are back here this far in the playoffs again.

I have seen CW play on some film this year and they are really good again and I look for this to be a good game.

One thing going for wj this game is that this will be the best throwing QB that CW has seen in the series.
Also, wj does have more then 1 WR to go to unlike in the past games, they have 3 they can go to.
The running game has been improving game by game for wj.

Yes I know CW is good, and yes it will come down to coaching where CW will be better and WJ has to get better.
And WJ cannot have the penalties and turnovers to compete in this game.
The biggest thing for WJ will be the players have to know in their heads that they can win this game, PERIOD!

WJ belongs in this game, don't disrespect them by saying a running clock for CW.
WJ lost their entire O-line, 1 of them 1st team all state not to mention D-5 player of the year in Gabe Jones at RB and they are back here this far in the playoffs again.

I have seen CW play on some film this year and they are really good again and I look for this to be a good game.
Calm down Francis.
CW folk know this will be a battle of epic proportions.

My possible soon to be patent-pending algorithm has WJ winning 27-13

Well well well............another shot at one of the thorns in our side..............the Coldwater Cavs!!! I for one am excited at another crack at the Cavs, I don't care what the projected spread/margin might be.

I found it funny as the game closed this past week, a disgruntled Covington fan yelled, unhappy at a penaly..........."you all are gonna need more help than that against Coldwater". Well maybe so, but hey we are still playing and at least have a shot.

I am confident WJ will show up and give their all and not concern themselves with has happen in the past. We will soon know if that is enough.

Some keys to the game initially for the Riders.................WJ ability to sustain blocks against CW with their moving, attacking defense; WJ ability to maintain balance on offense; WJ receivers will have to make big plays all night.................WJ defense run to the ball; don't take plays off; pressure QB; tackle well and tackle physical; minimize big plays. Play with confidence and believe down deep you have what it takes to win the game.

Nothing like HS playoff football!!!!!

Calm down Francis.
CW folk know this will be a battle of epic proportions.

My possible soon to be patent-pending algorithm has WJ winning 27-13
????? He said calm down Francis...LOL!!! I believe the phrase from Sargeant Hulka is, "Lighten up Francis". Sorry, I read calm down Francis and laughed so hard the dog looked at me like I was stupid..

Attachments

• lighten up francis.gif
    lighten up francis.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
A MAC poster said that if you read up. I simply was saying that West Jeff’s running game wasn’t as bad as a previous poster made it sound - and following it up with stats. But I also said I thought the game would be close, so MAC posters took offense to it and CNN’d their rhetoric into my comment.

Umm based on your location you have no right to an opinion. Please place this patch on your sleeve and wait for the train. Amtrack of course, lovely this time of year. Not inferring anything else......

For real this could be a good game I'll be interested to see if WJ defends Coldwater like they did Anna or with the scheme they used against the Burg. The roughriders will be one of the few nonMAC teams that will have a MAC type roster in size anyway and most likely more coaches with more high tech on their sidelines is my guess anyway.

WJs QB may be the best the OHC has ever had. I think that gives them a shot, especially with the WR corps they have. Only team to have moved the ball on Mechaniscburg. THey could have easily won that game if they dont turn the ball over. And the Burg is awesome this year.

And WJ is a tough, FB community, and wont be intimidated. They are clearly the underdog, but I could see them making it interesting. Good luck to WJ from an OHC supporter.

WJs QB may be the best the OHC has ever had. I think that gives them a shot, especially with the WR corps they have. Only team to have moved the ball on Mechaniscburg. THey could have easily won that game if they dont turn the ball over. And the Burg is awesome this year.

And WJ is a tough, FB community, and wont be intimidated. They are clearly the underdog, but I could see them making it interesting. Good luck to WJ from an OHC supporter.
I'd put two recent OHC QBs over WJ's. 1. Kaleb Romero and 2. Cade Rice when he played at Greenon.

I'd put two recent OHC QBs over WJ's. 1. Kaleb Romero and 2. Cade Rice when he played at Greenon.

From a pure passer standpoint, he isn’t wrong. Romero is the best overall player, not just QB, in OHC history. But he wasn’t as good of a throwing QB. The Buescher kid is legit, I’d take him over Rice.

Good point about Romero. But I think you're crazy if you watch both throw and still take Buescher over Rice. Buescher is a good player no doubt but he is not as good of a passer as Rice and that's not to mention they're physical attributes.

So, it sounds like they have a stellar RB AND QB.
How can they be stopped? Will this be a race to 40+ to win?

Hope the Cavs can hang.

So, it sounds like they have a stellar RB AND QB.
How can they be stopped? Will this be a race to 40+ to win?

Hope the Cavs can hang.

Their running back is adequate. Their QB is good. They have nowhere near the depth of talent that Coldwater has, and are rightfully the underdogs. I personally give WJ a 1 in 20 chance of winning. We all know how good the MAC is at football and that the rest of us are very poor in comparison. I apologize for talking positively about these high school athletes who have worked their tails off this year to get to this point; I can tell by your continuous sarcasm that it offends you.

To be honest, it sounds like you should have stayed in MAC country and out of Logan County. It must kill you to be living amongst the lowlifes outside of Mercer County.

Their running back is adequate. Their QB is good. They have nowhere near the depth of talent that Coldwater has, and are rightfully the underdogs. I personally give WJ a 1 in 20 chance of winning. We all know how good the MAC is at football and that the rest of us are very poor in comparison. I apologize for talking positively about these high school athletes who have worked their tails off this year to get to this point; I can tell by your continuous sarcasm that it offends you.

To be honest, it sounds like you should have stayed in MAC country and out of Logan County. It must kill you to be living amongst the lowlifes outside of Mercer County.
LOL why do some OHC posters have such an OCD obsession over the MAC. I actually believe Mechanicsburg has a decent shot at winning this region. Not WJ cause the Riders do not play defense 34 pts to Anna.

Sarcasm?
Just callin' it how I see it man.

Do I miss the good ole MC? Yeah, but the things ya do for career and plus, Lake Life suits me juuuuust fine! I appreciate your concern though.

Recall the first time I saw WJ play and it was against the Steiner's in a cold, blustery night. I want to say Coach Goodwin punted 2-3 times inside the WJ 35 or so yard line early in the game to keep the field position. It was the craziest thing as most teams would go for it.

But it worked out as eventually something happened and MSML broke through.

I would expect a high scoring game this weekend.

Too many of you are poking at WJ and the 35 they gave up to Anna. The Rockets finished strong scoring 40, 35 and 27. (coulda been 34 but Anna knelt at the 2 to end the game).
IL has a very strong defense, and that 27 Anna put up was the most IL gave up in regulation all season.. They held a D5 team still alive in the playoffs to 13 so that Rocket offense started to find its groove late in the season.

Do NOT think that Anna score is a sign of weakness from the Roughriders defense, not at all. Anyone in CW who thinks this will be a running clock has been partaking at McSobers, Southside or Tailspin way too much.

I am modifying my prediction earlier to be a 34-33 game with both teams missing some EP's. Whatever team makes that one additional EP takes this one and moves on to play a very staunch opponent.

WJ fans: Hit up McSober's for some hot wings and bleu cheese. You WONT be disappointed.

Just hope WJ makes it respectable. CW put a running clock on Anna, WJ barely beat them. Those MAC teams are tough.

Just hope WJ makes it respectable. CW put a running clock on Anna, WJ barely beat them. Those MAC teams are tough.

I do think WJ has the offense to keep this game not just respectable, but interesting. While I agree the points allowed to Anna are somewhat alarming, I was also someone that expected Anna to compete in that game. The Rockets were young and improving as the year has gone on. To be totally transparent on this game, some could raise an eyebrow at Coldwater's struggles with Fort Recovery as well. During the regular season the Cavs beat FR 51-37. The playoff outcome was much more in doubt, 28-26. I still favor CW in this game, but I would be surprised if it's a complete and total runaway by the Cavs too.