Week 10: LS

Elder out gained LS by a little over a yard per play. You'll win most games doing that. But you can't spot another good team nine free points via special teams, lose the turnover battle and expect to win.

Elder should handle West next week. There's a big gap between the top four in the region and everyone else.

Last edited:
And I was not a fan of the play call. I actually would have preferred to see a rub route and go to Royer to the wide part of the field. LaSalle's speed on defense made it difficult for that play call to work.

I agree, but in Ramsey's defense they didn't execute the play that was called. It should have worked.

About the 35 second mark. Again, very easy call to make and clear as day it was a fumble.

Thank you. It does show that he fumbled. We don't know what it looked like from the refs angle. It was probably a make up call for the punt that went off the Lasalle returners helmet. That was a game changer. Bad call. It should have been Elder ball at 10 yard line and turned into Lasalle ball at the 50.

Each team got the benefit of a bad call then.

The La Salle announcers kept saying that Ramsey would be Elder's quarterback next year. Do you think they have some inside information?

The La Salle announcers kept saying that Ramsey would be Elder's quarterback next year. Do you think they have some inside information?
Probably just assuming like many people have this year. Ramsey is playing Luebbe's role this year, Luebbe is the QB. Ramsey has thrown it a little this year. It's not out of left field, especially after Peyton.

Probably just assuming like many people have this year. Ramsey is playing Luebbe's role this year, Luebbe is the QB. Ramsey has thrown it a little this year. It's not out of left field, especially after Peyton.

I guarantee that’s the case. Ramsey isn’t going to name the starting QB for next season, that makes no sense. He knows he has 3 capable choices, maybe even 4. He doesn’t want to ruin their motivation in the off season.

While I'm not a big fan of the guy, I have to admit it's pretty damn impressive what Bolden has done at LW this season, completely turning it around and getting them to the playoffs. He obviously knows Elder well so that makes me a little uneasy, but Elder's offense should be able to put up a lot of points on their defense even if they give up 20+ points. Panthers just gotta get dialed back in and bear down for the playoffs.

Thank you. It does show that he fumbled. We don't know what it looked like from the refs angle. It was probably a make up call for the punt that went off the Lasalle returners helmet. That was a game changer. Bad call. It should have been Elder ball at 10 yard line and turned into Lasalle ball at the 50.

Each team got the benefit of a bad call then.

Are you saying the clear punt catch interference call was bad?

Are you saying the clear punt catch interference call was bad?
It did not hit the LS player at all, it actually hit the Elder player's helmet because he was already hitting him when the ball arrived and had #5's arms pinned to his side. The whole play was right in front of me. Also, it is time that HS looks to going to two more officials for bigger games and the playoffs. A Field Judge would have been standing right where the camera was on the fumble on the goaline and would have ruled it appropriately. Last night's crew proved time and time again that the speed of the game was way over their heads from the multiple conferences to even mark off a penalty correctly.

It did not hit the LS player at all, it actually hit the Elder player's helmet because he was already hitting him when the ball arrived and had #5's arms pinned to his side. The whole play was right in front of me. Also, it is time that HS looks to going to two more officials for bigger games and the playoffs. A Field Judge would have been standing right where the camera was on the fumble on the goaline and would have ruled it appropriately. Last night's crew proved time and time again that the speed of the game was way over their heads from the multiple conferences to even mark off a penalty correctly.

EDIT: Watched it on the Lancer broadcast and the ball hit the Elder guy's helmet and he did have Smith wrapped up. Pretty easy call that should have been made without a conference.

I enjoyed the lack of flags for most of the game. Wish it was like that all season. But yes, those guys seemed over their heads.

Last edited:
I was right there too and I believe that’s exactly what happened. I think the ultimate effect was Ramsey was angry there was a flag for kick catch interference when the play would’ve been ruled dead. That lead to a 15 yd penalty on him and a re-kick.

The refs did look overwhelmed but I can appreciate that they collaborated to get most of the calls correct. I cannot recall if it was Elder’s 2nd last or final drive where the ruled the punt as a touchback instead of being downed at the 1.

After last night I don’t think Fairfield in the conversation. Offense was pretty much shut down by Colerain and the D can’t be that good considering they allowed Colerain to win who has struggled most of season on O. Colerain D seems pretty stout as always. Hard to win if you can’t score more than 10 or 14 points.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!
I would be very cautious in counting Fairfield out. You realize that Fairfield played 75% of the game without their best player and a Top3 RB in the state.

I did project Colerain to win if it was close late because Fairfield hasn't been able to win the big games and their coach chokes.

Colerain, X and Elder will beat Fairfield late due to coaching, but be wary if Fairfield gets out to a lead. They would be in the Top2 of Defenses Elder faced all year. They were stopped 3 times inside the 5 last night for a total of 3 pts without their top back.

Colerain has no offense (I'm not even sure what it is, because it isn't the option once it doesn't work a time or two), but matches up better against Elder than X due to defensive scheme. Colerain probably scores a few more against Elder than X just because of their athletes and speed. Colerains D-line is scary good.

Yep, good call, WeFly

Couldn't help but be impressed by how well prepared La Salle came out from the start and really took it to Elder in every phase of the game. Great game plan by the La Salle coaches, great schemes, and extremely well-executed by the players, especially during the first half. Obviously saw some things on film regarding Elder's special teams which they were able to exploit which in the end, was the difference in the game.

Major wake up call for Elder. Let's be honest, Elder has had their hands full with the best of Div II in Cincinnati (WW and LS) which doesn't bode well as to how they'll fare against the best of Div 1 if they're able to progress in the playoffs. Hope they prove me wrong.

Couldn't help but be impressed by how well prepared La Salle came out from the start and really took it to Elder in every phase of the game. Great game plan by the La Salle coaches, great schemes, and extremely well-executed by the players, especially during the first half. Obviously saw some things on film regarding Elder's special teams which they were able to exploit which in the end, was the difference in the game.

Major wake up call for Elder. Let's be honest, Elder has had their hands full with the best of Div II in Cincinnati (WW and LS) which doesn't bode well as to how they'll fare against the best of Div 1 if they're able to progress in the playoffs. Hope they prove me wrong.

There’s no real difference bw the top teams in D1 and D2.

There’s no real difference bw the top teams in D1 and D2.

I think you need to be more more clear with these statements. You have people out there thinking Harrison, Turpin, and others would hang with the top of region 4. Yes, LaSalle and Winton Woods in most years are going to be right there with the top of Region 4. The others in Region 8, no chance.

La Salle came out the same way against X and Winton Woods. Just need to figure out how to sustain it and they can beat anybody in the state.

I think you need to be more more clear with these statements. You have people out there thinking Harrison, Turpin, and others would hang with the top of region 4. Yes, LaSalle and Winton Woods in most years are going to be right there with the top of Region 4. The others in Region 8, no chance.
I think you know I meant LS, WW, Massillon, and Hoban