Week 10: Jackson (8-1) @ North Canton (7-2)

Yes. They will lose a lot of good players after this year. But they should have a decent amount of talent next year and for a few years to come. Hopefully.

It would have been interesting to see what kind of season Hoover would have put together if they hadn't lost their QB days before the first game.

Coach Baum at Hoover does an excellent job. The Vikings are almost always playing their best football at the end of the season. This Hoover defense does not have a weakness, they're just dominant. Jackson is good, but they haven't faced a team like Hoover.

It would have been interesting to see what kind of season Hoover would have put together if they hadn't lost their QB days before the first game.
If everything else on the team stayed the same, I’d say there’s a good chance they would be undefeated.

Ok back to the game...I know Jacksons qb and rb are the real deal. Do they have any other weapons? I'll take Hoover's defense and running game to win 20-13.

Lets Go Hoover!!!
Excited Season 4 GIF by Friends

I would have to agree, add any staple of a passing game and Hoover would be a really tough out. At least a tougher out than they are now and they are gonna give you a game now. Pretty sure the QB that was lost was pretty special.

Having seen both teams play, I would give the slight edge to Hoover. Jackson doesn't impress me as a physically tough team, but possess a wealth of speedy weapons. Hoover has played staunch defense, and particularly against the run, which is Jackson's bread and butter. If you make Jackson beat you through the air, I don't think they have the ability to do so. Hoover has the defense to contain the RB and QB, and has an offense built to attack the stack defense.

Jackson has a huge advantage at the skill positions, And Hoover Has a slight advantage upfront. Should be a great football game but I believe Jackson will win. Should be a tight game but Craig Will be the difference. Hats off to both teams for a great season…… Especially Hoover, I did not see them winning more than three games after seeing them against a Cleveland Heights Team that has been a little bit underwhelming.Hoover did have some bad matchups that game.

Jackson run defense has been terrible against anybody halfway decent; certainly doesn't bode well for them Friday but I think they load up and make Hoover win via the air. Hoover's two D ends sound very difficult to block. Two of area's best kickers nearly cancel each other out. In spite of all this, I do think Jackson will hit enough big plays with Craig and through the passing game to pull this one out. Also, seems like the away team always wins this one.
Jackson 27 Hoover 24

Folks, I know you all miss my thrilling commentary so I'm coming out of retirement for one week. Case Keenum's at QB, no midweek MACtion yet, Ohio State's schedule is like watching paint dry until Thanksgiving. Football is a cruel mistress. Let's go to Memorial Stadium.

Jackson was one play, one point from turning this into the 2001 classic meetup of the Fed unbeatens on its 20th anniversary but with the records flipped. At this point they've invented new ways to lose to McKinley. Ouch. They'll get there. Hoover on the other hand feels less like a Baum squad and more like a Hertler squad the way they're playing defense. And Jackson most certainly is not playing a Checca defense. Their home playoff game will be cool and long overdue.

All that said, I think the general sentiment is a bit too negative on the Bears. Jackson tends to print season high points on opponent defenses, Hoover tends to print season lows. Prep ball outside of the national powerhouses is iffy post-COVID and LOS/trench battles aside, when two teams with weak schedules meet leaning on the side of the team with far higher offensive prowess is never a bad idea. So if I were gonna gameflow this one out, I still lean more towards a 35-28 rather than a 14-7.

Neither team has won at home since 2014. No game has been decided by more than one score since 2015. The HCs are tied 3-3. The teams' combined win/loss record is better than at any point since 2003 (a sellout with the Goodyear Blimp overhead and a few sketchy OSU players in attendance). For this series a good rule of thumb is that the rival ruins the other's unbeaten record or untainted FLC, especially in the biggies. This is a great, always underrated game that has been especially exciting for years now and with a sizeable crowd -- a rarity in 2021. It'd all be dull to the point of not paying attention without the hillbilly townsfolk and fading desperate housewives in the stands and it's good to have them back, in week 10 again to boot.

I'm a homer so: Jackson 24 North Canton 22. Best of luck to two good programs, congrats to the winner.

OK, back into retirement. See you all in four years.

Folks, I know you all miss my thrilling commentary so I'm coming out of retirement for one week. Case Keenum's at QB, no midweek MACtion yet, Ohio State's schedule is like watching paint dry until Thanksgiving. Football is a cruel mistress. Let's go to Memorial Stadium.

Jackson was one play, one point from turning this into the 2001 classic meetup of the Fed unbeatens on its 20th anniversary but with the records flipped. At this point they've invented new ways to lose to McKinley. Ouch. They'll get there. Hoover on the other hand feels less like a Baum squad and more like a Hertler squad the way they're playing defense. And Jackson most certainly is not playing a Checca defense. Their home playoff game will be cool and long overdue.

All that said, I think the general sentiment is a bit too negative on the Bears. Jackson tends to print season high points on opponent defenses, Hoover tends to print season lows. Prep ball outside of the national powerhouses is iffy post-COVID and LOS/trench battles aside, when two teams with weak schedules meet leaning on the side of the team with far higher offensive prowess is never a bad idea. So if I were gonna gameflow this one out, I still lean more towards a 35-28 rather than a 14-7.

Neither team has won at home since 2014. No game has been decided by more than one score since 2015. The HCs are tied 3-3. The teams' combined win/loss record is better than at any point since 2003 (a sellout with the Goodyear Blimp overhead and a few sketchy OSU players in attendance). For this series a good rule of thumb is that the rival ruins the other's unbeaten record or untainted FLC, especially in the biggies. This is a great, always underrated game that has been especially exciting for years now and with a sizeable crowd -- a rarity in 2021. It'd all be dull to the point of not paying attention without the hillbilly townsfolk and fading desperate housewives in the stands and it's good to have them back, in week 10 again to boot.

I'm a homer so: Jackson 24 North Canton 22. Best of luck to two good programs, congrats to the winner.

OK, back into retirement. See you all in four years.
Four years? What, are you running for office? Need plausible deniability?

Senator: have you ever posted on Yappi.com?

Jackson03: It depends on what the meaning of the word 'on' is.

This new warm and fuzzy version wont stand man.

Four years? What, are you running for office? Need plausible deniability?

Senator: have you ever posted on Yappi.com?

Jackson03: It depends on what the meaning of the word 'on' is.

This new warm and fuzzy version wont stand man.
They'll find my anti-Hillary posts in the politics forum, declare me a Bernie bro/deplorable, and ban me from cavorting with the desperate housewives at the game. Gotta be careful these days man.