Week 1 WW vs Kings cancelled!!

warriorblue

About one hour ago officials at Kings High School cancelled their home football game vs Winton Woods! They never mentioned anything about having a Covid breakout ever and a day before the game they cancel! What a shame! And the new conference shanannigans begin!!

About one hour ago officials at Kings High School cancelled their home football game vs Winton Woods! They never mentioned anything about having a Covid breakout ever and a day before the game they cancel! What a shame! And the new conference shanannigans begin!!
I wouldn't think it would be anything nefarious like you are implying. I have followed the ECC quite extensively since its inception and can tell you that the Kings staff is about the classiest you will come across. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt this is anything personal toward WW.

I wouldn't think it would be anything nefarious like you are implying. I have followed the ECC quite extensively since its inception and can tell you that the Kings staff is about the classiest you will come across. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt this is anything personal toward WW.

lmao. They were the main school not wanting WW in the new conference from jump! I really hope you’re right but I doubt it!

lmao. They were the main school not wanting WW in the new conference from jump! I really hope you’re right but I doubt it!
I don't know where you get your info from.....I believe Kings Administration was the 1st to move on inviting WW to the ECC.

I don't know where you get your info from.....I believe Kings Administration was the 1st to move on inviting WW to the ECC.

I have relationships with many coaches and teachers from the old FAVC/ECC! So I know first hand. I know Kings was onboard later but that’s just because they were looking bad because of there stance on the issue. They still didn’t want to play in football.

I have a buddy who's kid is on the freshman team and they are saying the freshman are still playing. Are the freshman isolated from the jv and varsity? Meaning don't they scrimmage jv @ kings?

I have relationships with many coaches and teachers from the old FAVC/ECC! So I know first hand. I know Kings was onboard later but that’s just because they were looking bad because of there stance on the issue. They still didn’t want to play in football.

Who cares if they didnt want them in initially. They are in. Its time to stop talking about it and move on. If it is cancelled Im sure its something out of their control. But there is nothing posted on Twitter yet.

I have relationships with multiple coaches and administrators from the ECC and old FAVC. I also know first hand. You have your opinion and I have mine.

School is just starting at most schools. There are soon going to be positive tests everywhere. Doubt this season gets very far at any school.

Lets see if Kings plays next week. If they are ready to play next week? Then something is really fishy! It it’s really Covid related, I wish them nothing but good health!

21D0B711-3092-4B07-BC28-D5E1D3177E04.png

Lets see if Kings plays next week. If they are ready to play next week? Then something is really fishy! It it’s really Covid related, I wish them nothing but good health!
I’m up in NEO, so I don’t know much about the situation down there. I just think it’s going to be nearly impossible for any team to avoid Covid this year. I wouldn’t think any team would duck another team this season, though, since everyone makes the playoffs.

I’m up in NEO, so I don’t know much about the situation down there. I just think it’s going to be nearly impossible for any team to avoid Covid this year. I wouldn’t think any team would duck another team this season, though, since everyone makes the playoffs.
Stay commenting on your area please. You no nothing of this situation and the controversy it brings! If I’m wrong, I will say so in the end! By the way, I hope I’m wrong! It was tough going through the no conference fiasco

So are you saying that the Kings program would deprive its players, especially its seniors, one of only six regular-season games in this terrible year simply to avoid a beating from Winton Woods or to screw over Winton Woods? That’s some next level stuff there.

You’re on the outside looking in! You can always look else where

Trust me, I wouldn't want to be on the inside of the WW fanbase. And your behavior in this thread is a perfect example of why.

Who do you like in tonight’s game on The CW? Darby or Davidson?

I know tons about Darby and almost nothing about Davidson, especially after they got their new coach last year. I will say that if Davidson is any kind of team at all they SHOULD win this game and I will have to even debate watching it because despite the fact that it is actually live football, watching Darby run their 1940s style program is about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Every team makes the playoffs this year correct? Don’t see how Kings would have anything to gain by canceling a game. Much less a home game they will lose revenue from tickets and have to give back presale tickets I assume. I think they were only letting parents attend games to begin with.

Good we wouldn't want you in our fan base ? but anyway I hope the student has a speedy recovery, time to move on to week 2 there is nothing else to discuss

So are you saying that the Kings program would deprive its players, especially its seniors, one of only six regular-season games in this terrible year simply to avoid a beating from Winton Woods or to screw over Winton Woods? That’s some next level stuff there.
I think what he's saying is that the positive test was a perfect reason to immediately cancel the game. If it were literally any other opponent on their schedule, they'd have tried everything in their power to keep the game on. Remember the time when you really wanted baseball practice to be canceled on that 95 degree day and it was a little stormy out, so you pull the trigger and canceled. Turns out at practice time, the sun is shining and not a drop of water on the field. Kings is the baseball coach that really wanted to go play darts and drink beer with his buddies instead of running practice. LOL.

J/K Kings fans. I'm sure it was legit to cancel...