WEEK 1 Tallmadge @ Ravenna

tallmadge H2 dad

This has become quite an exciting game to open the season the past 2 years.

In 2010, Tallmadge won at Ravenna by 1 point after scoring with 30 seconds left in the game and then going for 2 and converting for the win. Gotto threw for over 350 yards and the victory catipulted Tallmadge to a perfect 10-0 season.

Last year, Ravenna won a shootout at Tallmadge 47-44 as the Devils started the season 0-2.

Will this be another game for the ages???

I would be surprised if this isn't another very competitive, hard fought victory for either team.

Ravenna: In 2010, Ravenna had one of the best O Lines I've seen in quite some time, and had some good backs running behind it. In 2011, Tallmadge just couldn't get a handle on the Ravenna Veer and Ravenna's slick running back.

Tallmadge: Has found holes in the Ravenna pass D, in both seasons.

Tough call. Might be the toughest game for the Devils, for the season.

Does Ravenna have another good running back this year, as Ravenna typically does?

I would be surprised if this isn't another very competitive, hard fought victory for either team.

Ravenna: In 2010, Ravenna had one of the best O Lines I've seen in quite some time, and had some good backs running behind it. In 2011, Tallmadge just couldn't get a handle on the Ravenna Veer and Ravenna's slick running back.

Tallmadge: Has found holes in the Ravenna pass D, in both seasons.

Tough call. Might be the toughest game for the Devils, for the season.

Does Ravenna have another good running back this year, as Ravenna typically does?

Backfield by committee right now, until one athlete performs better than the others. Best of luck to them, they are great kids.

I agree with you Mount, this will be a very competitive game. For being the first game of the year, I just hope we don't see any sloppy play.

Backfield by committee right now, until one athlete performs better than the others. Best of luck to them, they are great kids.

I agree with you Mount, this will be a very competitive game. For being the first game of the year, I just hope we don't see any sloppy play.

Well, the last 2 years it has lived up to it's billing. Let's hope this year is another great game!

Turned out to be a good game.
Glad time warner had it on their on-demand feature.

Tallmadge did not play their best and it cost them.

I think both teams will be good this season.

Does Ben Cipa start on the JV team?
At 6-7 305 he has great size.

I think Ravenna was lucky to win,not taking anything away from them. They were able to take advantage of what was given them and played just good enough to post the win.

How much time do you think Zac King will get this season. He is the big soph listed at 6-5-300.

I think Ravenna was lucky to win,not taking anything away from them. They were able to take advantage of what was given them and played just good enough to post the win.

How much time do you think Zac King will get this season. He is the big soph listed at 6-5-300.

Yes, Ben Cipa starts at OT on JV. His brother Jon is playing at Ashland University this year after a very successful HS career at Tallmadge.

The only playing time Mr. King may receive will be due to injuries. He is a big kid, but isn't varsity starting material just yet.