• Steubenville by 1-7

• Steubenville by 10-14

• Steubenville by 21+

• Mooney by 1-7

• Mooney by 10-14

• Mooney by 21+

Results are only viewable after voting.

RollRed

Finally a regular season matchup both fan bases wanted for a while now is happening.

Big Red is coming off an uncharacteristic 6-4 season with a first round exit. Mooney is coming off a 4-6 season without a playoff appearance.

This game was originally scheduled for later in the season but due to COVID-19 and schedule revamping it is now Week 1.

Big Red is looking to reload although personally I believe Big Red is 1 year away from being something special

Mooney is Mooney, don’t know what to expect from them with the departure of PJ Fecko and bringing in Carl Pellini

I bumped my phone and apparently voted Mooney by 21.....not gonna happen. Doesn't seem like I can change that.

Give me Big Red by 1-7.

With Big Red being so young, it’s really hard to tell what kind of team they’ll be this year until they take the field. Junior to be Rodney James will be taking over the bell cow role after the graduation of Tayveon Crawford. He really flashed a lot of potential last year in limited work, but he also struggled with fumbling issues. Big Red will return some key starters along the o-line so that will help. Big Red really hasn’t been able to develop any kind of a passing offense since 2017, and they’ve also struggled defending the pass over the past 2 seasons as well. Much like last year, those are the question marks coming into the season. For what it’s worth, these two schools have played at the JV and Freshman levels over the past few seasons and Big Red has had a lot of success in those games.

Not seeing Mooney as a challenge with them having a change at HC just a few weeks ago. Really interested in the Fitch game at the end of the year (if we make it to week 6). Still say, nice football only conference would be Big Red, Harding, Fitch, Boardman, Dover, NP, Canfield and Louisville.

This game will be close, Mooney getting a new coach won’t drastically change them, it’s not like Pelini is some scrub, the teams core will still hold the same values as they did under fecko, at least for this season tho with how late the change is the culture won’t change. I see a low scoring game depending on who wins the TO battle. Neither team can throw effectively as of late or ever in mooneys case

When I heard that OHSAA ruled that 2020 would be a 6-game regular season I didn't think this game would be played because it was originally scheduled for week 7. Also Mooney had 6 local teams on the schedule so I was thinking the Cardinals would probably just play those 6 if we did indeed have a season. Glad to see this one survived the schedule changes.

I really don't know what to expect from Mooney this year. They are coming off back to back losing seasons for the first time in school history and then there is the late coaching staff change so I don't know. I think they have 3 OL back, the QB, RB and a few other key players. I have not had a chance to see them practice and I have not spoken to anybody about them so I don't know yet what O or D they are running. We shall see.

Good luck to both teams, again assuming they actually play.

Great win on the road for Big Red. Totally dominate and they missed out on a few easy scoring opportunities. Young fast physical and very talented.

Mooney is a shell of what they used to be. This was not surprising to most people. Enrollment numbers continue to go down and I'm hearing major issues within the Cardinal community. Most kids choosing the private path have been going to Ursuline. Just heard the Irish have roughly 150 more students than Mooney, although they aren't very strong either. Not sure what all the issues are and why they are occurring.
As far the Big Red, they are always solid and look like they have reloaded once again.

What happened to all those confident, "in your face" Mooney fans? I'm amazed at their fickleness. I can distinctly remember the glaring insults they threw at Steubenville over the years. And now they've just faded away. It looks like a program in transition.

Winners concentrate on winning...losers concentrate on winners.
I'm confused. I'm in a same-sized community with essentially same-sized schools, and my community has a better Playoff Winning Percentage, and aren't one-trick ponies, meaning they've won big trophies in other sports.

I think we're fine?????