Week 1: Elder vs Middletown (@ Nippert)

Great game by the Middies! Elder looked bored and played conservatively, I give a lot of the credit to the Middies. I still think Middletown should be in better condition though.

Great game by the Middies! Elder looked bored and played conservatively, I give a lot of the credit to the Middies. I still think Middletown should be in better condition though.

With all due respect, I don't care how good of a condition you're in, when you're on the field as much as the Middie D was you're gonna get tired.

Hey Middies played better than any of us thought. Great game Middies proud of you. No turnovers and you probably win the game

No doubt, the scary part is Elder dominated the stats, but barring the fumbles and penalties Middletown probably wins nicely.

Heck they still almost won it.

Congrats to Elder, good luck the rest of the year.

Very proud to be a Middie tonight.

No doubt, the scary part is Elder dominated the stats, but barring the fumbles and penalties Middletown probably wins nicely.

Heck they still almost won it.

Congrats to Elder, good luck the rest of the year.

Very proud to be a Middie tonight.

The same can be said for Elder, the Middies scored on a KO return and an interception return. Middletown played well but the score was indicative of who should of won.

Looks like Everhart had this young team ready to play!
Gotta give credit where credit is due, he did alot better than I thought. I thought he actually did a decent job of play calling, unfortunately it looks like our QB has mastered the concept of reading through progressions and gets happy feet. One thing I would like for him to fix is that for some reason over the past three years his teams are notorious for delay of game calls or rushing snaps to beat the play clock. First play of the year is a delay of game :dang:

Once they got the first half and game jitters out, the Middies played their behinds off.

Things are looking very promising.

After getting burned a couple times deep the secondary really stepped it up when it counted,

I thought cramping met that you didn't have enough water in your body? The Middies should hydrate better.

Are you serious? I could drink a jug of water and I would cramp after two minutes with the shape I'm in now :) .... You have to be in good shape and be hydrated.

Then rotate guys! They were literally cramping every other play.

In theory that sounds like a simple yet great idea. However, keep in mind that he's playing alot of sophomores and juniors which in and of itself should be an indicator of the lack of depth this team has. If Elder was dominating like that against the Middies 1st team D, what would they have done once you start putting in 2nd string sophomores?

Again, it's a great idea but I think that depth is something that schools like Elder take for granted with the number of guys they have

Yea, you guys didn't give yourself a chance but the Middies came ready to play.

Great effort by the Middies. My concern was the defensive backfield coverage and it did look pretty bleak in the first half, Elder receivers were having a picnic back there but Middletown did settle down and make some very good plays on the defensive side of the ball.

Middletown's offense shows some promise in the second half but they shoot all their toes off with penalties, got to be more disciplined.
Elder has a good team and they don't hurt themselves with penalties and turnovers, that's smart football.

In theory that sounds like a simple yet great idea. However, keep in mind that he's playing alot of sophomores and juniors which in and of itself should be an indicator of the lack of depth this team has. If Elder was dominating like that against the Middies 1st team D, what would they have done once you start putting in 2nd string sophomores?

Again, it's a great idea but I think that depth is something that schools like Elder take for granted with the number of guys they have

I agree, but I don't think mixing in a young player or two would hurt as much as having guys who are absolutely gassed playing. Although, like another poster said they didn't give up any points and kept fighting!