Week 1: Brownsburg IN

Klare got hurt, he might have a broken collar bone (this could be a big loss)

OL and DL looked like they got tired in the second half.

Lot of players for StX were cramping

StX has a very good team and they will have their hands full next week with LaSalle.

Last edited:
Klare got hurt, he might have a broken collar bone (this could be a big loss)

OL and DL looked like they got tired in the second half. Seems they need to rotate in more players

Lot of players for StX were
StX has a very good team and they will have their hands full next week with LaSalle.
The OL didn't get any push all night, they do well against pass rush but struggle run blocking. The day is no longer than a typical school day. Kids have to do a better job hydrating. If Klare is hurt that is major it was a big gamble putting him at TE. The drop off at QB after Klare is huge. As I called out in a previous post a running game is a young QBs best friend. Offense looked good in 1st half. Defense looked good at times but we are vulnerable to the deep ball.

Last edited:
Hard not to blame this one on the coaches. I am all for being aggressive, but even I was saying run it three times and whatever happens, happens. I would have felt the same if we had had an experienced QB - with a QB making his first ever start on national television, it should have been a no-brainer. And for what it's worth, I am not one of these guys who constantly second guesses OCs/coaches on playcalling issues. It is too easy to use 20/20 hindsight. But I was saying that before we ran the first snap (and yes, I am aware that we had some issues on the punt unit to think about).

I will always puI was pulling for X.
10 yds Rushing for a St. X Team that was winning a majority of the Game is embarrassing.
Do you know how many rushing attempts? --- I couldn't find an all-inclusive list of stats on X web page.

Talk to a good friend of mine that is a High School Coach in Cincinnati and said this is the season you might as well play as aggressive as you can because everyone is making the playoffs.

Klare is a tough loss for so many reason as already mentioned and I think Wassler is going to step up. He is a good athlete.

Kudos to Matt Devine and Eli Kirk. Devine was all over the field and Kirk made some huge plays. I actually think the defense played fairly well considering who they were playing.

Last edited:
I do not agree that the loss is on the coaches. While I understand the focus on the play call with time running down, the players made a series of unfortunate mistakes into the end of the game that determined the outcome. Two killers were the bad snap on the punt and the failure to field the pooch kick gave Brownsburg short fields. Two interceptions that bounced off receivers hands were very fortunate plays for Brownsburg. We executed very well on the road for three quarters and our junior QB in his first start out-played a senior who is committed to Kansas. Our defense kept it close down to the wire with some great plays of their own. We just didn't execute at the end and lost. We are a good team that will improve greatly from playing this game.

There were 2 pooch kicks, the first was fielded, the second was not but an interception was thrown on the next play and it resulted in no points. Unfortunate play but ment nothing in the game

Quick Summation of the 2nd Half

Back to back holding calls with 6 minutes left in the game to move ball out of FG range (from 30yd line back to midfield) would have given X a 10 point lead, 2 interceptions (1 through receivers hands) to kill drives or give up the short field (doesn’t include the INT in overtime), 2 special teams turnovers (fumbled punt with 1:30 left in game and bad snap on punt on own 7 yard line to set up opponent TD to cut lead to 17-10, roughing the passer call on 3rd down, 2 punts that netted less than 50 yards total, cramping QB out for 2 plays leads to easy 3 and out deep in own territory, special teams holding call on kickoff followed by false start moves offense back to own 5 yard line for 1st and 15, a line constantly getting obliterated and hitting Kellom as he receives the handoff, pass interference by backup CB in the game for an injured Kemper leads to TD to cut lead to 24-17 and finally the QB fumble on 1st down in Bomber territory with 1:52 left in the game leads to TD for 24-24