Week 1 Bishop Hartley vs Cincinnati Moeller

Five turnovers, though? Just one week, but did Moeller look good or was it a bigger team just eventually outclassing a smaller school? I have my assumptions from a distance, but am curious what folks who saw they game would think.
[/QUOTE

QB making his first start after paying RB and LB the previous two seasons, and it showed. Rotello can beat you running, but has a ways to go throwing the ball. That should improve as the games progress. Moeller played a ton of Jr's and Soph's (as many as 10 sophs). Strength of this team is DL by far, with a solid OL and TE's. Moeller has some excellent skilled players, but they are young. 2020 will be a work in progress for Big Moe.

Didn't see enough to have a good grip on what happened but Hartley certainly seemed to be able to compete early on and got some turnovers and I saw them rip off some decent runs with physical backs finishing runs well. BUT I think once Moeller started to hang on to the ball and got in synch , they proved they were in a different class. Well coached team with some decent talent , not the Big Moe of a while back but solid .

Hartley not having a real passing attack playing a team at this level was a problem .

The game should never have been played.....one of the smallest DIII teams against a large DI.....what were they thinking in the administration at Hartley....shame on those who set up this game........There were many other teams to play during this rush to scheduling, I am sure. No moral victory here....kids needed to play a DIII team.

But is was a 2-8 D1 team and I think as bad or worse the year before. This season everyone makes the playoffs so a good record is nice but Hartley now has played a decent D1 team that should help them as the season progresses. D1 plays D3 occasionally. Sometimes the D3 team wins.

2-8 Moeller team last year....but did you look at the brutal schedule.....Hartley always ups their schedule but sometimes too much is too much....who is next deMatha or St. Ed or St. Ignatius? Go HAWKS

Five turnovers, though? Just one week, but did Moeller look good or was it a bigger team just eventually outclassing a smaller school? I have my assumptions from a distance, but am curious what folks who saw they game would think.

Moe did not look good even for a bad Moe team.... the QB has a lot to learn... too many bad throws that led to picks. In the end the size of Moe wore down Hartley as they could not move the ball against Moe consistently in the 2nd half..... Moe gave up a 91 yard TD run and a kick-off return that did not count due to penalty but way too many big plays against a 4 and a cloud of dust offense of Hartley.

you could look at it as Moe did not look good but out scored the Hawks 34-7 From a few minutes into the 2nd to the end of the game.....

Hartley got a break of a lifetime tonight against Watterson. Kid makes 70 yard run and goes out of bounds
Twice in the run.We must mandate video review. Kids work to hard to have these types of missed calls.

The game should never have been played.....one of the smallest DIII teams against a large DI.....what were they thinking in the administration at Hartley....shame on those who set up this game........There were many other teams to play during this rush to scheduling, I am sure. No moral victory here....kids needed to play a DIII team.

What a pansy. Hartley should be thanked for scheduling a D1 School.

What a pansy. Hartley should be thanked for scheduling a D1 School.
I am still laughing at your calling me a pansy.....I have never been called that before.....anyway, thanks for the juvenile name calling. I feel as if I have met trump and that was his assessment of me. I should be flattered. Any way, I am a devoted Bishop Hartley and Wheeling WV Central Catholic fan of all their sports and I have a right to comment on any aspect of their choices. I am sure that you have no association with Hartley at all. I am only concerned about realistic student athlete safety in playing much larger schools. I guess that Lima Central Catholic's whipping of a much larger school--Licking Valley--might somewhat invalidate my concerns......Let's go Hartley--schedule Hoban.

I am still laughing at your calling me a pansy.....I have never been called that before.....anyway, thanks for the juvenile name calling. I feel as if I have met trump and that was his assessment of me. I should be flattered. Any way, I am a devoted Bishop Hartley and Wheeling WV Central Catholic fan of all their sports and I have a right to comment on any aspect of their choices. I am sure that you have no association with Hartley at all. I am only concerned about realistic student athlete safety in playing much larger schools. I guess that Lima Central Catholic's whipping of a much larger school--Licking Valley--might somewhat invalidate my concerns......Let's go Hartley--schedule Hoban.
I believe Hartley is 2-0 vs Hoban this past decade!

Hartley is indeed 2-0 vs. Hoban.......but we cannot seem to defeat Clarksville Clinton-Massie ever.......Coldwater either....but I do very much appreciate Coach Burchfield and his staff for the fun and excitement during his years as coach of the Hawks.....I love to win>>>
I believe Hartley is 2-0 vs Hoban this past decade!

Hoban would hammer Hartley this year . No contest. No need to even discuss anyway . Different divisions . Hoban world handle Moeller pretty easily . Hartley wasn’t as good as Big Moe . Hartley is a great program. They aren’t Hoban unless they suddenly start getting East side Columbus middle school kids who usually think PC is the place to go .

Hoban would get ahead of Hartley by 4 TDS then decide how to finish the proceedings .

Hoban would hammer Hartley this year . No contest. No need to even discuss anyway . Different divisions . Hoban world handle Moeller pretty easily . Hartley wasn’t as good as Big Moe . Hartley is a great program. They aren’t Hoban unless they suddenly start getting East side Columbus middle school kids who usually think PC is the place to go .

Hoban would get ahead of Hartley by 4 TDS then decide how to finish the proceedings .
Yes, Hartley is not the Hartley of the years since 2008--2019 and the Hawks would take it "on the chin" should they have played Hoban this year or any of the past four years. Hoban is in a class by itself, especially after I was shocked by the St. Ed score. What does "PC is the place to go" mean....just curious and not being a smartass.

You sound like a girl stop crying

Really? I sound like a girl? When are you Massillon cats going to win a real state title.....go Hoban......Some of you people on here simply like to be mean and nasty as if that makes you a big man.....not so....pussycat.
Well I would say the same for you but D3 an D4 state championships must not count i guess an im far from a nasty person at i been saying for years that YES is there is a difference between D1 football and D3 or D4 football but I don't know how many times I done seen fans of the Mac talking bout Ohhhh Coldwater could beat Massillon or Mckinley witch would never happen on our worse day an it was Proven by Moe beating Hartley ik Hartley aimt in the Mac but it proves a point dont talk about beating the. Big dogs then when the chance happen cry about it it dont work that way bruh an btw I actually have rooted for BH in the past

Really? I sound like a girl? When are you Massillon cats going to win a real state title.....go Hoban......Some of you people on here simply like to be mean and nasty as if that makes you a big man.....not so....pussycat.
An for the Hoban thing who cares about Hoban we will see them when we see them the same was said last year an we seen how that went now didnt we.........An plz dont say anything about Hoban not being at full strength because the year in the state game we was hurt as well hell our starting RB damn near broke his ankle the b4 that an he didnt even play sooooo plz stop rooting for another have Hartley come to PBTS or we will travel to yall it dont matter but into that happens like I said stop crying

There has only been One Big Dog in the Columbus CCL that could go Toe to Toe with D1 football Programs in their Prime and that is and always will be St Francis DeSales. Hartley is wannabes in that regard. No Team ever in the CCL could or will be better than those DeSales Teams in the late 80's to to the late 90'S

An for the Hoban thing who cares about Hoban we will see them when we see them the same was said last year an we seen how that went now didnt we.........An plz dont say anything about Hoban not being at full strength because the year in the state game we was hurt as well hell our starting RB damn near broke his ankle the b4 that an he didnt even play sooooo plz stop rooting for another have Hartley come to PBTS or we will travel to yall it dont matter but into that happens like I said stop crying
First off, I’m not sure anybody can decipher what you just said because there is not a single period or cohesive sentence in either of your post.
Second, I think you underestimate the MAC schools in the late 2000’s and early 2010’s. Those schools aren’t just some country bumpkin schools. They had D1 sized lines and quarterbacks that could sling the ball around the field. Did they have the athletes that Trotwood, SVSM, Wayne or St. Ed’s have? Not even close. However they had superior coaching which took them a long way. So you’re saying that in 2014, when Coldwater went 14-1 and won the DV state championship, the same year that Massillon lost to DV Ursuline and got beat in the first round 56-7, Coldwater wouldn’t have beat Massillon? Give me a break.
Lastly, I think everyone here on Yappi is tired of Massillon fans trying to flex the 3 POINT win over Hoban last year. That was the worst Hoban team since 2015 (which is about equal to the best team in the state), and even so Hoban had injuries. Massillon has NEVER won a state title on the field. Hoban has won 4 in the past 5 years, and will very likely make it 5 in the past 6 this year.

There has only been One Big Dog in the Columbus CCL that could go Toe to Toe with D1 football Programs in their Prime and that is and always will be St Francis DeSales. Hartley is wannabes in that regard. No Team ever in the CCL could or will be better than those DeSales Teams in the late 80's to to the late 90'S
Agreed. Those teams were special.

Agreed. Those teams were special.
Not being harsh, but our teams just don't have the depth to week in week out play 3-4 D1 Teams anymore. I thought about it and those Watterson Teams in the Late 60's early 70's were pretty special also. Even remember Art Best terrorizing the CCL back in the day. Heck of a player man amongst boys in his day.

Not being harsh, but our teams just don't have the depth to week in week out play 3-4 D1 Teams anymore.
Yeah. That was apparent in that good fight against Hoban in 2016. DeSales guys had great strength and conditioning like they've always had, but there were just too many guys playing both ways to maintain the same level of intensity for four quarters. Hoban has a different enrollment model than what's possible in central Ohio nowadays.