Taxman Cometh - Ebay Vendors ....

Why are conservatives so intent on allowing businesses especially large ones to get away with paying little to nothing in taxes?

Let’s be honest here Amazon can afford to pay more than zero dollars a year in federal taxes. They definitely don’t need the 137 million dollar refund they got in 2017. We need to eliminate loop holes that allow this behavior and increase large corporations tax burden.
I could care less if the corporate tax rate was at zero. I would rather have an American co. paying zero taxes and employing Americans than paying zero taxes overseas and not employing Americans.

Why are conservatives so intent on allowing businesses especially large ones to get away with paying little to nothing in taxes?

Let’s be honest here Amazon can afford to pay more than zero dollars a year in federal taxes. They definitely don’t need the 137 million dollar refund they got in 2017. We need to eliminate loop holes that allow this behavior and increase large corporations tax burden.
LOL. If Amazon is to pay taxes, where do they get the funds to do so? Yes, they get those funds from their customers. So you apparenlty think we should all pay higher prices, so that you can feel better about Amazon passing those dollars on to the government.

Biden proposing ‘undercover tax on just about everybody’: Wealth strategist
Wealth strategist warns Biden’s proposal to increase the capital gains rate on high earners will impact ‘real Americans’

when will democrats close the loopholes they created. Good question

I could care less if the corporate tax rate was at zero. I would rather have an American co. paying zero taxes and employing Americans than paying zero taxes overseas and not employing Americans.
I would agree if,and that is a BIG IF, this was actually happening ... but this has not proven to be the case .... the vast majority of the recent tax break went right back to the top end(80/20) ... just like what Warren Buffet has said ... if you let rich people keep more money ... they keep more money

I would agree if,and that is a BIG IF, this was actually happening ... but this has not proven to be the case .... the vast majority of the recent tax break went right back to the top end(80/20) ... just like what Warren Buffet has said ... if you let rich people keep more money ... they keep more money
But, how do you get the money away from rich people?

They weren't just handed it up front, they competed with others in the same arena and came out on top. They will always come out on top. Here's what I mean.

Society applies values to every job, doing what it takes to be a doctor is assigned a significantly higher value than being a trash man and pay scale is assigned relatively even across the board.

So, if I have 100 million dollars, and I put that money to work through smart investments, there is a typical profit expected from that investment that makes doing the work of investing worth while. If we raise taxes, that will not eliminate rich investors, but to get an acceptable rate of return it will require (or allow) a higher margin between what is invested and typical gross revenue recieved on that investment.

Society wont change the value assigned to the investors money, what will change is the gross amount charged for the use of the investors money. The rich will still get richer.

I believe it is technology more than any other factor that allows for so much separation between the rich and the poor. Those who utilize technology will prosper, those who are afraid or slow to embrace it will work for those who did.

And add 25% to the tax expense of a corporation, and they may move away from the US to a land with better tax terms, to better compete in America. Strange how small technology has made the globe.

according to Internal Revenue Service data released

analysis of IRS statistics — which shows tax-filing figures through late November 2019 — revealed:

Americans paid almost $64 billion less in federal income taxes during the first year under the Republican tax overhaul signed into law in late 2017 by President Donald Trump, with some of the sharpest drops clustered among taxpayers earning between $25,000 and $100,000 a year, even as the overall number of refunds dropped during a turbulent tax season.

A. The double-digit percentage decreases in average tax liability started with a 12.5% drop for people making $15,000 to $20,000 a year. Double-digit percentage reductions in liability continued for people making $25,000 to $30,000 (down 11.2%) through $100,000 to $200,000 (down 10.96%).

B. Taxpayers making between $40,000 and $50,000 a year had the largest fall in average tax liability, a 14.5% drop, while high-end households making between $250,000 and $500,000 had the second largest decrease, with a 14.4% liability reduction.

C. Taxpayers making at least $1 million had a 4.3% decrease in average tax liability.

D. Americans had $1.552 trillion in tax liabilities in 2019, compared with $1.619 trillion in total tax liabilities at the same point a year prior. That’s a drop of 4% on a year-over-year basis.

No matter the tax break too many available workers will only mean a depressed wage base. Technology harms wages for the middle and lower class when it displaces more jobs than it creates. There is zero incentive to pay more out in labor costs when the labor pool is full for applicants at the current wage,

Biden revenue plan includes 'marriage penalty' putting some couples at a ‘significant disadvantage,' expert says
Some earners would find themselves in a higher bracket if they get married

Democrats Hatred of Married and Successful continues !

20210405_072608.jpg

20210405_072633.jpg

20210405_072655.jpg

Biden revenue plan includes 'marriage penalty' putting some couples at a ‘significant disadvantage,' expert says

View attachment 16265

View attachment 16266
View attachment 16267
There is a woman that makes 3 times as her partner/spouse? I was told that's not possible.

Except for slappy.

View attachment 16265

View attachment 16266
View attachment 16267
I am not a tax expert but I believe that is because unmarried couple files separately ... thus neither over $400,000
The married couple could avoid the tax increase by simply filing separately
... and even if the don’t the only part of the 3% tax is the $10,000 over $400,000 ... not the entire amount.
... more fake news from the right!

The Misguided Philosophy of Tax and Spend
Middle-class families earning well below $400,000 will share with the wealthy the burden of Biden’s spending binge—‘tax-free.’

President Biden has promised not to raise taxes on “anyone” (presumably any family) earning less than $400,000 a year. But I thank Kevin Hassett (“The Biden Plan for Economic Sclerosis,” op-ed, April 9) for exposing how we all will pay for the president’s spending binge, well beyond what’s needed for pandemic relief or infrastructure.

Mr. Hassett states, “Democrats have never cared about paying for the trillions in pandemic-relief spending,” confident that “taxes aren’t necessary to finance spending when government can print money.” Each new dollar demotes the buying power of every existing dollar, whether as income or retirement savings. Thus, without even increasing taxes per se, Mr. Biden can in effect tax all families.

Governments cannot create wealth; they can only redistribute it. Middle-class families earning well below $400,000 will share with the wealthy the burden of Mr. Biden’s spending binge—“tax-free.”

Big corporations are always more supportive of tax increases and increased regulation. It maintains the status quo and undercuts the growth and innovation of smaller competitors that simply don't have the same amount resources to comply.

Big corporations are always more supportive of tax increases and increased regulation. It maintains the status quo and undercuts the growth and innovation of smaller competitors that simply don't have the same amount resources to comply.
Not going to agree with you in this one. Some big business perhaps. Amazon uses the nations infrastructure possibly more than any other company in the United States. Sure they would like all other companies to pitch in and add rural internet so they can add millions more customers.

On the other hand, a shipping company that moves freight through international waters would hate the added tax. They dont need government t infrastructure to a great degree. They can go from one private harbor to another and never use roads or bridges. A canal sometimes is nice. But they are largely competing with companies based in nations that have lower tax rates such as Ireland.

Maersk is the world's largest shipping company and they are based in Copenhagen Denmark. They get excited when Biden raises our cost to do business in America.

If I'm only making 5 billion a year, a 7% increase is quite a healthy loss of revenue. That's 350 million.

Is that what happened when Clinton raised the top bracket 2%? (deficit reduced, market grew)
Or when Bush cut it? (deficit exploded, market crashed)
Or when Obama raised it back again? (deficit reduced, market grew)
Or when Trump cut it? (deficit exploded, market (or certainly jobs) crashed)

I understand crashes happen for other reasons also. Pubs seem to be VERY unlucky in that regard, maybe God doesn't like them who knows. But that's kinda the point aint it? Sh1t happens. Only an idiot cuts taxes at the start of an expensive war, or in a stock bubble while deficits are coming down. Very reckless. I think intentional frankly.
1621889006808.png

Why do you Lefty Loonies like to lie so much? 3 of the top five deficit gains occurred under Democrat Presidents OMG The Messiah Obama is one of them.

Thanks Joe !​

U.S. Inflation Is Highest in 13 Years as Prices Surge 5%​

The rapid rise in consumer prices in May reflected a surge in demand and shortages of labor and materials​

The U.S. economy’s rebound from the pandemic is driving the biggest surge in inflation in nearly 13 years, with consumer prices rising in May by 5% from a year ago.

The Labor Department said last month’s increase in the consumer-price index was the largest since August 2008, when the reading rose 5.4%. The core-price index, which excludes the often-volatile categories of food and energy, jumped 3.8% in May from the year before—the largest increase for that reading since June 1992.

the article has some interesting data ................

Proposals to tax “step-up basis” could result in a 68.9% combined capital gains rate plus estate tax on many successful investors, entrepreneurs and small-business owners. Estates of New York City residents would be subject to an additional 14.776% income and 16% estate tax, for a total tax of 80.7%.

Few small businesses or farms could survive these proposed taxes. Assets would need to be sold to raise the cash to pay the tax. Jobs would be lost to liquidations. Many retirement plans and family assets would have to be zeroed out. Tax is generally due in cash nine months after death, with installment provisions for large holdings in businesses and farms.

im-358551.jpg